Russian Gran Turismo Players Caught Up in Government Block of Messaging App

Something similar happened in Brazil back in 2015 and 2016. WhatsApp was blocked 3 or 4 times due to some government decisions, but those only lasted a few hours.

& this is another resson why online only its BS , now i know some features are offline playble as well but if you can't save they are worthless anyway.

A government having a bad time to adjust to modern technology and thinking it’s ok to block half the internet access to achieve its goals is hardly a reason for that. Maybe countries should stop acting like old dictatorships. Something like that happened sometimes in the last few years in my country as well (Brazil). It looks like the age difference between trend makers and “law makers” is starting to be a problem. I don’t really care about Mark Zuckerberg, but you gotta admit that some of the questions people asked him in those hearings were completely out of touch with reality.

Last edited:
A government having a bad time to adjust to modern technology and thinking it’s ok to block half the internet access to achieve its goals is hardly a reason for that. Maybe countries should stop acting like old dictatorships. Something like that happened sometimes in the last few years in my country as well (Brazil). It looks like the age difference between trend makers and “law makers” is starting to be a problem. I don’t really care abou Mark Zuckerberg, but you gotta admit that some of the questions people asked them in those hearings were completely out of touch with reality.
i agree with you man but also lets be real its much easyer for a game developer to use traditional methods in a video than a country or goverment change would you think?

And people ask me why I dislike this country and its government in particular.
(well, I do dislike politicians in general, but still...)

What a load of ********!! Why wouldn't they make the game progress to save on something other than the interweb, something similar to the game cards we used on the original PS or an external hard drive as an option, I cant remember how we saved on PS2 and PS3 anymore. I personally do not trust saving to the interweb. I think it was Forza 5 I was at like 70% progress and turned the game on one day and had no more cars, credits, and progress. All I had was replays and the awards or achievements or whatever you get as you progress, needless to say I was far beyond :banghead::banghead::banghead:🤬🤬🤬 That was the last time I played Forza 5, luckily I had my brand new Forza 6 sitting there but I really wanted to finish 5, just like the day I finished the interweb. :lol:

About GTPlanet becomes a place of political wars, personally I have everything in order with connection to the sony and gtsport servers in Russia. And the telegram app bypasses the block automatically, but for the web version it is required vpn. And this whining Russian kids (or adults with a delay in development) about some kind of infringement of their rights, it's already annoying

About GTPlanet becomes a place of political wars, personally I have everything in order with connection to the sony and gtsport servers in Russia. And the telegram app bypasses the block automatically, but for the web version it is required vpn. And this whining Russian kids (or adults with a delay in development) about some kind of infringement of their rights, it's already annoying

Didn’t mean to complain about Russia. That’s something that happens in most countries. One time, I showed my grandma a replay from a racing game, and she said I should be careful, because “racing cars that fast is dangerous”. She thought I was racing real cars. That’s what’s happening. These people are too used to the old ways and have no knowledge on the subjects they’re supposed to regulate. Another point, the article is about a political subject that influenced GT Sport, so it’s normal people will give their political opinions about what happened.

The court agreed on Friday, in just 18 minutes

*Queue noises of no surprise* 18 minutes are barely enough time for the standard formalities, how this can be seen as anything else but a farce is beyond me.

Personally I don't use Telegram, any app that gets this much attention from the authorities is bound to be compromised at some point in the near future.

upload_2018-4-19_19-50-13.png

Good thing that I didn't prolong my PS Plus subscription for now.

From what various people report (on our VK community), it seems like it depends on the Internet provider. Some players say they have no problems at all. But some (using different provider) say they can't even enter PSN. And others report partial issues (like, can enter the GTS servers and save the game, but can't race in Sport mode).

As for me, I can access PSN (Store works, friend list is shown), but GT Sport doesn't work for me. One attempt of reconnection was successful, but few minutes later, I was disconnected.

Some other games with online features I've tested by now:
Driveclub (PS4) - can drive DLC cars, can't access community features (friends' lap times, challenges, etc). "Driveclub servers connection error" pops up.
NFS 2015 (PS4) - works fine, no problems detected in single mode (can't test online - no PS+ now) - although this game doesn't work without Internet at all.
War Thunder (PC) - works fine, no problems except one moment of large packet loss in 3+ hours of playing time.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC) - connection to World of Trucks servers takes more time than usual, but ends up successful. Deliveries of World of Trucks cargoes count.
Kantai Collection (browser game) - works fine through VPN (as it always did).

P.S. I am one of the admins of that VK community that Famine quoted. Two others are GTP members, too.

And this whining Russian kids (or adults with a delay in development) about some kind of infringement of their rights
I'm not really sure if we live in the same world. So far I haven't seen anyone complaining about """rights infringement""", only about inability to access sites irrelevant to Telegram, which, I think, is a rightful thing to do.

I feel sorry for the Russian players that were collaterally affected by their government's stupid decision, but...
Seriously, why do you guys blame GTS on this? It's not the only thing affected, and if I read the article correctly, Russians do not have access to way more important sites. They cannot play GTS because the Russian government just blocked literally half of the internet. What else did you guys expect?

If your government is blocking basic access to information, communication and privacy, you have way more worries than saving your progress in your little games.
But no one complains when a company that has a larger monopoly on information than any government ( google/ facebook) does the same in the name of inclusivity. Sadly we have entered uncharted territory with the internet.

Back