Rx-7 gt-x (fc) '90

Evening all!

I'm new to the forums and I need some help on building a drift car. I just bought an RX-7 GT-X (FC), and would like to know the best setup for it.

I'll worry about how it will look later!!

Cheers

I just bought one of these last night with the intention of building a decent drift car. I'm no expert at tuning so will be trial and error for a while - if I have any success I will report back but would love to hear other peoples ideas!

Like to preface by saying I'm noob, k that's out of the way.

I ramped mine up to over 300hp and am using mid rpm turbo and close sequential 5spd.

I tried tuning this thing but I dunno what I'm doing so I just slammed it and stiffened it up a bit then added a bit of camber up front and none in the back. Sport soft up front and sport mediums in the back, seems to drift alright, wouldn't really know though since I can't drift for ****. Messed with the lds some but reverted it to default 'cause, again, I dunno what I'm doing.

Set up probably isn't as good as 370d's. But it did just fine for me with my DS3 controller.

Front lip
Oil change glitch, whatever you want to call it.
Weight reduction S1
Racing air filter
Mid range turbo
Fully customizable trans
Twin plate clutch
Semi-racing flywheel
Carbon drive shaft
LSD
Fully customizable suspension
Sports hard tires

LSD:
Torque 5
Accel 60
Brake 20

Suspension:
Ride Height -25 -25
Spring rate 4.6 3.5
Dampers Ext 3 4
Dampers Com 3 4
Anti-roll bars 1 3

Camber 1.0 1.0
Toe 0.00 0.20

Like I said, I'm sure there are better tunes out there, but this works perfectly fine for me, would probably be able to link drifts better on comfort hards, but I like sports hards. Tweak the tune to your heart's content, until it drifts the way you want it to.

Back