S-10 licence (Porsche 917K at half wet Spa)

• Thread starter turini
  • 210 comments
United Kingdom
London
turini1
So... having watched a variety of streamers struggle with the final S licence - how long did it take you to complete it?

Looks like GT7's answer to GT4's iA-15, imo!

One lap, Porsche 917K, Spa Francorchamps on a half wet track, Racing Hard tyres.
🥇2:26.000 🥈2:32.000 🥉2:43.600

So... having watched a variety of streamers struggle with the final S licence - how long did it take you to complete it?

Looks like GT7's answer to GT4's iA-15, imo!

One lap, Porsche 917K, Spa Francorchamps on a half wet track, Racing Hard tyres.
🥇2:26.000 🥈2:32.000 🥉2:43.600
Took maybe 3/4 an hour or so, was pretty frustrating TBH. Coming off the straights touching water will send you of track & fail the test. Learned to brake way early before turns & feather thru them

Yeah took me a good 10 laps to complete 1 lap and then I was done with it. SuperGT said slicks in the wet was undeliverable and he was not wrong. Just a touch of damp on this test and you'll spin out with no hope of catching it. I simply dawdled round staying on the racing line and off the kerbs but was only 0.2s off silver. Didn't try again though. I'll come back to it when I've got the hang of things... or there's a patch.

I’m finding the licence tests a hell of a lot harder to gold than any previous GT title , GTS took me a while to get all golds but they felt doable with a bit of practice This time I feel they are almost impossible for me and some I might never get . I might only get silver at best on a lot of them. I’m Not looking forward to doing circuit experience as I’m hearing they are just as hard. I’m not saying I wish they were easy but did they need to up the difficulty for the average player like me. For now I’m just doing them to get the license but will come back to from time to time.

Very complicated to stay in the dry line but once you get it right its very satisfying

3303ED35-6663-4E72-9DD2-AD9D2FAE6606.jpeg

This was a great challenge, I tell you

The kink before Blanchimont was my nemesis! Consistently a second or so ahead of the demo ghost but would lose it there. Eventually on a particularly good run I drove like a grandpa through there to make the time. Didn't end up beating the demo ghost so will probably revisit it to beat the demo time.

What a showcase for GT7 though. Can't wait to run some longer races where rain and a drying line are a factor. Absolutely stunning.

Such a shame that the AI in the game can't provide the challenge the licence tests do.

Last edited:
It took me over an hour of trying with the controller. I got silver on my first complete lap, but had to turn asm and csa assists on to get gold as just the slightest touch on the wet would give snap oversteer that i couldn't catch.

What is the price car for getting all gold on the S-licence?

I think I've tried at least two hours so far and only twice made it to the last left hand corners before the final chicane, where I have drifted off because the line between dry and damp is nonexistant in my eyes.

Just can't distinguish the difference. Base Ps4, DS4 and old fullHD tv.

So far tried it without traction control or other aids besides the ghost, which I think uses TSC.

Same with the Eau Rouge: follow the ghost, brake in what I perceive is the same place where it does and then either lose control or maybe make it up the hill and lose it there when 1 millimetre of tyre goes over the curbing.

Last edited:
I DID IT, I DID IT!!!!!:gtpflag:

Finally got gold on this test, but boy was it hard. Managed to do it even without TSC.

Good luck and godspeed to anyone else who is preparing for this test of patience and luck.

Dunno if it helps others but upping the EV setting made the lines between dry and wet a bit more noticeable to me.

:D:cool:

Last edited:
They have reserved a special place in hell for the monster that came up with this test. The Devil will be ******** himself when they arrive too, there will be a new boss in town.

I think I'm satisfied with bronze on this one.
Pretty much how I feel about this ..... <ahem> .... test

Enable all the assists to the max ;)

Jerome

3-4 hours of this torturous hell and ~440 miles later….

E716FBF7-5315-4B27-8EE7-9AAA35E522A8.jpeg

Blanchimont is especially diabolical as the dry line narrows massively and the 917K is a wide boi. I threw my hands up and whacked TCS to max and turned on ASM. Not like it helped much beyond letting me be more reckless with my throttle input.

God save the poor soul of the schmuck that tries this test with X/Square controls.

Took around 2 and a half hours spread across 2 tries, I’ve really been struggling to adjust to the new physics with the DualSense. Think I racked up 200+ miles on the 917 by the end.

Didn’t feel too frustrated though, just took forever to do as you need to execute almost everything perfectly. Probably the hardest GT challenge for me since Golding the Vettel X Challenge with the DS3.

All in all, I loved the challenge.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back