S2000, Breaking + Turning = A lot of understeer

• Thread starter Centura
  • 8 comments

Centura

Premium
Sweden
Sweden
Is there any solution to cure this issue? It understeer a lot when I brake quite hard and turn slightly (High Speed Ring).

It's the Amuse S2000, not sure if there is a regular one :)

Is there any solution to cure this issue? It understeer a lot when I brake quite hard and turn slightly (High Speed Ring).

It's the Amuse S2000, not sure if there is a regular one :)

Well, you shouldn't be on the brakes hard AND trying to turn at the same time. Most vehicles will understeer in such a situation. Try to do your braking before the corner. Once you're at and/or close to the desired speed for the corner, turn in, moderate the gas until you reach the middle/exit of the turn. Hit the gas and slingshot out of the corner. That's obviously in laymens terms, but you should get the idea. Furthermore, if you are still noticing some understeer, you can try to stiffen the rear springs, or toe out the rear, etc...

Hope that helps.

;)

try giving the car some front camber

try -2.5 to -3 on the front, but you will also have to give the car abit of toe to suit the camber, try maybe 0.5 . i run with 0 toe and it still works good

If your car is actually breaking, it's only normal that it doesn't behave well while cornering. :P

Plus, what DR said. If you're braking hard and turning, especially at high speeds (because the car is lighter and will have naturally less grip), it will understeer.

I'd advise you to check your driving style first and correct these issues before going deep into setups and probably messing with the car's balance and tuning.

Well, I should probably explain it a bit better.

1. I break really hard on the straight, before corner
2. I start to turn in for the corner, but not breaking as hard and I am pressing acceleration slightly

The car still understeer, while on other cars this doesn't happen (GT-R, F430, C06 Tuned). You are probably right about the weight.

Also, thanks for the help - I will try it later :)

Okey, I tried the settings, it helped quite a bit :) Not a lot of understeering, but like DR said, change driving style. I started to brake hard before corner and no understeer at all now :)

Well, you shouldn't be on the brakes hard AND trying to turn at the same time. Most vehicles will understeer in such a situation. Try to do your braking before the corner. Once you're at and/or close to the desired speed for the corner, turn in, moderate the gas until you reach the middle/exit of the turn. Hit the gas and slingshot out of the corner. That's obviously in laymens terms, but you should get the idea. Furthermore, if you are still noticing some understeer, you can try to stiffen the rear springs, or toe out the rear, etc...

Again, as he said.
Hard on the brakes while straight, then depending on the car either have all your braking done before starting to turn, or just slightly as you enter a corner.
Still, I didn't quite get one thing. From your last post, it seems you're braking to reduce the car's speed for the remaining of the corner, but touching the accelerator at the same time Is that it? And are you playing with a wheel?

Plus, you mentioned it does not happen with the other cars you listed. All those are (or so I believe, since I haven't played the game yet) more powerful than the S2000. Every car has a different handling on GT5P, apparently, so you might want to get to know how each one handles.

Another thing is the tires you're using, each set makes the car behave differently.

Well...

I brake really hard on the straight then I start to turn in for the corner, braking less. When I entered the corner I start accelerating and stop braking and accelerate more and more and full acceleration for about half of the corner.

Those cars, are not more powerful than the S2000, far from it, but they weight a lot more.

Like I said, I changed my driving style now and I don't get understeer in corners anymore. I only had this issue on HSR because of the speed you're driving in.

Are there any general setup tips to make the most out of the car for the 700 point races? Having a little trouble taking top notch on them.
What is the good balance between weight, horse power and downforce to make it 700 points?

Thanks for any help:)

Back