S7 licence bug ! ! !

France
France
Hello everybody,
I have a problem/question : I want to do all S licence on gold but on the S7 (Laguna Seca-Super formula), the nitro (Drs) was missed but when you look the demo, it is here.
Anyone have this problem too ?
Many thanks in advance for your responses.
Ps : Sorry for my bad English, I am french lol !

Hello everybody,
I have a problem/question : I want to do all S licence on gold but on the S7 (Laguna Seca-Super formula), the nitro (Drs) was missed but when you look the demo, it is here.
Anyone have this problem too ?
Many thanks in advance for your responses.
Ps : Sorry for my bad English, I am french lol !
You don’t get to use. DRS or a overtake type system during qualifying and Time Trials. As far as I know🍻

You don’t get to use. DRS or a overtake type system during qualifying and Time Trials. As far as I know🍻
Correct. Which actually makes testing a Nitrous setup and gear ratios for one of the 30 lap Missions absolutely impossible, as I discovered earlier.

Correct. Which actually makes testing a Nitrous setup and gear ratios for one of the 30 lap Missions absolutely impossible, as I discovered earlier.
Another swing and a miss but at this point is anyone surprised. I’m not mad at them,just very disappointed. 😆. You could set up a lobby race with the same race settings and run some tests. 🍻

I CANNOT DO IT. COMING UP SHORT BY 10 SECONDS. IT SUCKS!
Have you increased controller sensitivity? I found it almost impossible to turn in properly with the default setting of 0. Try at least 3 or 4.

Edit: That's assuming you're using controller rather than wheel.

Last edited:
This one was frustrating for me as well. Learn to brake a lot less than you think you need to. That car hugs the corners, and if you brake just a little and then cut the corners you’ll make up some time. The last series of turns after the big elevation change (is that the Corkscrew?) is virtually brake free until the last turn to finish. And I discovered that you could brake early and wide and roll through that last turn before you accelerate to the finish. Keep at it and you’ll get it eventually. (I’m pretty sure my neighbors heard me scream when I finally made it)

Last edited:
Favourite of mine. I still play this over and over.

Just trust the car. It has so much grip. There is probably 4 or 5 braking points in the whole lap otherwise it is flat-out at every corner.

I don't want to be "that guy" but it's not as hard as thr YT vids/Reddit complaints make out plus it's actually really fun because the car is enjoyable to use and Laguna Seca is a superb flowing course.

I struggled with S-4 mind you and nailing the last corner on S-1.

Last edited:
I did this yesterday, and whilst my first couple of attempts were way off and I couldn't see how I could make up such a large gap, the more laps I did and learned to trust in the car's grip - it's got stupid amounts - the times tumbled fairly quickly.

One point I would say is this one required a very fine touch on the controller (I'm not a wheel user on the PS - thanks Sony for nerfing my G27)

Now the 917 at Spa.... this is driving me nuts! I can get close to the gold time if I actually complete a lap, problem is I'm completing about 1 out of 50 lol.

*0.6 seconds of Gold aaaargh

Last edited:
This one was frustrating for me as well. Learn to brake a lot less than you think you need to. That car hugs the corners, and if you brake just a little and then cut the corners you’ll make up some time. The last series of turns after the big elevation change (is that the Corkscrew?) is virtually brake free until the last turn to finish. And I discovered that you could brake early and wide and roll through that last turn before you accelerate to the finish. Keep at it and you’ll get it eventually. (I’m pretty sure my neighbors heard me scream when I finally made it)
Thanks, I'll try that. Don't know if my neighbors hear me, but my son, who wives on the other side of town, hears me complain! Lol

Favourite of mine. I still play this over and over.

Just trust the car. It has so much grip. There is probably 4 or 5 braking points in the whole lap otherwise it is flat-out at every corner.

I don't want to be "that guy" but it's not as hard as thr YT vids/Reddit complaints make out plus it's actually really fun because the car is enjoyable to use and Laguna Seca is a superb flowing course.

I struggled with S-4 mind you and nailing the last corner on S-1.
My car has NO grip. It slides all over the place. What settings are you using?

By no grip, are you over or under steering?
In terms of settings, I did it using controller, no assists, manual gears.
If you have a chance you could upload an attempt to youtube so we can see where you're losing grip, might help you get some guidance.

I did this pre 1.13, but if I get chance later I'll redo it and post the video with inputs visible.

I think I was on sensitivity 2, no assists apart from abs default.

As said before, trust the crazy grip. I was way off for my first 5-10 tries but then it comes to you. Be brave but smooth as you can and try to carry corner speed without being heavy on the brakes. Turn 1, the corkscrew and final corner are the only real heavy braking points if memory serves me correctly.

If you have a chance you could upload an attempt to youtube so we can see where you're losing grip, might help you get some guidance.

I have been unable to figure out how to upload the saved attempt. I ave it in my gallery, but there seems to be no way to share it.

I have been unable to figure out how to upload the saved attempt. I ave it in my gallery, but there seems to be no way to share it.

There's probably a better way but I would; link your YouTube account to your PlayStation, watch your video in game, click the share button on your controller, edit length & upload to YouTube.

You can probably share it in game but I don't know how to do that!

Without intending to offend them or even be insulting, I think they are "driving the wrong way".

Disable assistants if you use any.. This car is best to drive "pure".. at most you can use TCS1, but everything else makes you too slow.
Next, check your braking power.. very rarely do you need hard stops. At the same time, the car becomes stiff and understeers when trying to corner with heavy braking.
Approach the possible speed of this car, brake before a turn, but when you steer, reduce the brake force and let the car roll...

Never realized the SF19 has Nitro/DRS....was it in GTS as well?

In any case, you don't really need it. Once I figured out how to drive the car and the track, this test actually became probably the easiest Super License to gold. The SF19 has insane amounts of grip with the downforce and the RS tires, especially the front end, so make sure to focus on your steering and just get back on the gas as soon as you have the car pointing in the right direction. The car pretty much drives like it's on rail (until, of course, you go over the limit :)). It is a very fast car, so you do need faster reaction times to your inputs like steering and shifting (if you do it manually). I imagine the car is even easier to push now with the v1.13 update. (I did this test in v1.13 btw, so I've no idea what the car was like before v1.13).

The only places you need to brake are turns 2, 3, 5, 8 (The Corkscrew), and 11. You can take every other corner flat except turn 10, where you just need to lift off a bit.

Here is my lap....not perfect by any means....ran a bit wide at turn 3, could've pushed a bit harder at turn 10 and maybe coming out of the Corkscrew, brushed the sausage curbs too many times. etc. :dopey:

I give up, it can not be done. I have tried over 500 times. Y'all say it has amazing grip...not on my game...slip sliding away. Thanks anyway

Never realized the SF19 has Nitro/DRS....was it in GTS as well?

In any case, you don't really need it. Once I figured out how to drive the car and the track, this test actually became probably the easiest Super License to gold. The SF19 has insane amounts of grip with the downforce and the RS tires, especially the front end, so make sure to focus on your steering and just get back on the gas as soon as you have the car pointing in the right direction. The car pretty much drives like it's on rail (until, of course, you go over the limit :)). It is a very fast car, so you do need faster reaction times to your inputs like steering and shifting (if you do it manually). I imagine the car is even easier to push now with the v1.13 update. (I did this test in v1.13 btw, so I've no idea what the car was like before v1.13).

The only places you need to brake are turns 2, 3, 5, 8 (The Corkscrew), and 11. You can take every other corner flat except turn 10, where you just need to lift off a bit.

Here is my lap....not perfect by any means....ran a bit wide at turn 3, could've pushed a bit harder at turn 10 and maybe coming out of the Corkscrew, brushed the sausage curbs too many times. etc. :dopey:

J. You accelerate in places I have to brake and I still fly off the track. Arg! Oh well, screw it!

Without intending to offend them or even be insulting, I think they are "driving the wrong way".

Disable assistants if you use any.. This car is best to drive "pure".. at most you can use TCS1, but everything else makes you too slow.
Next, check your braking power.. very rarely do you need hard stops. At the same time, the car becomes stiff and understeers when trying to corner with heavy braking.
Approach the possible speed of this car, brake before a turn, but when you steer, reduce the brake force and let the car roll...

Disabling assist just makes it even worse...spins out, slides. I give, can't be done on my game. Got all of the others on it, but not that one.

Then I only see the possibility that you could share a video of your attempts there, so we can see what your problems are... it's definitely possible and even got a lot easier after the patch.

Then I only see the possibility that you could share a video of your attempts there, so we can see what your problems are... it's definitely possible and even got a lot easier after the patch.
Don't know how to share, or where to share to.

Don't know how to share, or where to share to.

Cannot upload to youtube. Keeps wanting me to agree to terms, but no terms agreement page comes up. Guess I'll just trash the game. You guys have been great snd I appreciate everyone's help. I am saddened.

Cannot upload to youtube. Keeps wanting me to agree to terms, but no terms agreement page comes up. Guess I'll just trash the game. You guys have been great snd I appreciate everyone's help. I am saddened.
Did you take a good look at the videos of the other drivers here? Have you ever tried to get better times with their techniques / speeds / braking points?

If some single license makes you don't want to play this game anymore.. OK then that's it.

I also have a few points that frustrate me and keep making me think about letting things be.. but there are also a lot of great things.. AND I've found some great people / friends here with whom I can relate every day tag via PSN chat or Discord.. that alone is worth staying connected to the game for me.

Look at @Autobahn GTO https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/s7-licence-bug.406842/post-13721222
really very good lap... and learn from him.. drove really nice and clean.. pay attention to his braking points.. where he turns in, how much gas he gives and what speeds he drives where... try it bit by bit copy and you will see.. you will be faster!

Back