Safe Driving is FUN!!

• Thread starter alex_gt
  • 53 comments
Safe driving is a giggle :dopey: try this:

1. When changing lanes on motorway/highway and some big head "need to be places kinda guy" is on your ass move across really smoothly (not chucking the car) and see him get all angry and almost clip your bumper as he speeds off in the huff,

2. Same again some dude on your bumper in town, do the speed limit and see him trying to push you faster and faster but go 2mph/kph slower just think to yourself not my problem and laugh. (Not advisable with cops pull over!)

3. When someone is pelting along on the straight behind you and clearly thinks he's Mr Shumacher, at the next corner do a slow in fast out turn show him how to really drive as you power out of the corner while his car runs wide because he doesn't know what brakes are ha :)

Think of anymore? 💡

Thats....weird *shrug* You might wanna consider adding random periods in those statements to make them look a little cleaner.

Getting right next to a cop car on the main street and just keepin pace w/ him. It will drive everyone behind you nuts because the cops go like 5 mph slower than the speed limit. Good fun.
James-

I thought "Do not piss off other road users" was classified as "safe" driving practice these days?

Famine
I thought "Do not piss off other road users" was classified as "safe" driving practice these days?

Yeah, really. That's way more dangerous than weaving or speeding. But more importantly, when did alex_gt get back?!

you are an idiot and should be shot.

that person behind you could be a doctor trying to get to a hospital to save someone. may the afflicted person be your close relative.

Didn't you know it's all changed over the last day or two.

neanderthal
you are an idiot and should be shot.

that person behind you could be a doctor trying to get to a hospital to save someone. may the afflicted person be your close relative.
Unless you're driving near a hospital, it is almost certainly some smacktard who happens to be driving like an idiot. If everyone in Toronto who drove like described above happened to be a surgeon, the half the city would be surgeons (including the city's entire population of Benz owners).

Ev0
Unless you're driving near a hospital, it is almost certainly some smacktard who happens to be driving like an idiot. If everyone in Toronto who drove like described above happened to be a surgeon, the half the city would be surgeons (including the city's entire population of Benz owners).

the point was not that everyone who drives fast is a surgeon on thier way to perform life saving surgery. the point was it could be an emergency and there is his smug ass sitting in the way saying "yeah, i'll show you." peoples lives are being affected by the actions of those who think only of themselves on the road.

its dumb and inconsiderate and bad driving. its all around bad form.

what gives him the right to impede someone and sit there smugly thinking he's done some great deed by increasing the congestion on the road? yes, driving next to someone doing the same speed as them causes congestion.

congestion is the number one causative factor in accidents.

accidents cause even more congestion, like when i had to sit on the freeway while CHP closed it down and helicoptered someone out of thier mangled car.

and even when the accident has been cleared away there are people who slow down to look, adding to the congestion.

all because of some smug ****, imperially doing the speed limit next to someone and thinking he's done the world a favor.
:mad:

fark you and your ilk alex gt.

None of that is safe driving. You doing 2 mph under the speed limit will also get you a ticket if the flow of traffic is more than the speed limit.

neanderthal
congestion is the number one causative factor in accidents.

An accident cannot be caused by congestion. It doesn't matter how many cars there are, how heavy traffic is, there is no reason you should hit another car. It's driver error, it's just that it's easier to get away with making a mistake when there is less traffic.

Winding other road users up (no matter how badly they are driving) is not 'safe' driving - its bloody stupid and dangerous and will only lead to them driving more aggresively.

If someone wants to drive over the speed limit - thats their prerogative, if they want to risk their licence, thats up to them and no one elses business except the Police.

alex gt - i hope your not one of those idiots who clog up british motorways by driving in the middle lane all the time?!?!

I agree with the general sentiment in this thread: It achieves nothing. The person in a hurry will still be in a hurry and in fact you only reinforce his behavior and get his blood pressure up. Now he's in a hurry and he's mad. When he gets past you, he's going to harass the next person he runs across, except now he's likely to be even more aggressive. Just let him by: what does it cost you? Nothing.

But let's keep this conversation civil, m'kay? The abusive language can stop right now.

M

The thing i do commonly (and it is within the law) is sit at the designated speed (say 50km/h) until the nose of the car goes past the 100km/h (or whatever speed) sign - then i floor it (works really well in the Skyline - one minute they are right on your bumper, the next they are about eight car lengths or more behind you :D).

It may annoy people but it is law abiding. Just like i sit at 100km/h when there are people behind me wanting to go faster (um... just pass me...). If i get people following WAY too close then i put my foot (lightly so i don't slow down) on the brake - makes them back off for a while.

It depends on the situation. If there's a guy behind me that's tailing me and no one ahead of me, I'll test the waters and see just how fast this guy wants to go. Usually they'll go faster(gotta win the race!), and I'll let em.
This kid was tailgating me in the parking lot the other day, in a Sebring junker whatever and so I first just tapped the brakes, he backed right off, then I pulled the parking brake and slowed down pretty quick(no, not locking the back tires)...then the idiot thought about passing me, so I hit the gas and he got back behind me.

The best way to piss people off is to, when they do something dumb, either honk(if necessary), or as you pass them or if they look in thier mirror give them the "What idiot taught you how to drive?" look, consisting of throwing your hands up in the "WTF" pose and tilting your head and looking at them like "what the hell". If they see you, they'll get pissed. I do it all the time. I've also had people that drive really slow look in thier mirror and see me and shake thier head "no", I shake mine "yes".
Also for the people that can't stay in thier lane, I pass them quick and then move over into thier lane for a second and then move back.

On the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway, dad sets the cruise control on his Suburban to 64 MPH and gets in the middle lane. If you're a New Jersian, you've heard enough to understand this scenario.

king jame II
Getting right next to a cop car on the main street and just keepin pace w/ him. It will drive everyone behind you nuts because the cops go like 5 mph slower than the speed limit. Good fun.
James-

Where the crap do you live? I often see cops going about 10mph over the speed limit.

i pass cops when they do the limit. i dont have time for that sit at the limit nonsense. im sure it pisses them off coz everyone starts to pass them too.

the trick is to pass them slowly.

I agree it's probably safest to just let people who are 'in a hurry' go by and leave it to the police to deal with them. But these people are not just risking their own lives, but also ours, so I don't think saying 'it's their business' quite covers it either.

I just got my driver's licence yesterday, btw. :D

Arwin
I agree it's probably safest to just let people who are 'in a hurry' go by and leave it to the police to deal with them. But these people are not just risking their own lives, but also ours, so I don't think saying 'it's their business' quite covers it either.

I just got my driver's licence yesterday, btw. :D

But you can't protect public safety by encouraging aggressive behavior, which is all you're going to achieve if you try to "mess" with them or "teach them a lesson". Protecting the public is not up to the average citizen, and this is the perfect example of why.

M

Good feedback i like the disagreement however i will say that if people get wound up by other people driving by the book isn't that a problem?

Eg why should you fling your car about to let people past? Also is it not a danger to speed up and allow people behind you to put on pressure (eg if it is not safe for them to overtake?

oh yea I'm back :)

Mustang-man
Excuse me, but i'm not doing anything wrong.

People just need to stop being so impatient. :dunce:

maybe where you are you're not doing anything wrong, but here in california the law says "slower traffic keep right." there are signs posted frequently on every freeway. in fact id go so far as to say that if you look in your countries vehicle code it says something to the same effect.

the signs don't say traffic driving at the speed limit may drive in left hand lane. it says slower traffic. period.

Goomba
Where the crap do you live? I often see cops going about 10mph over the speed limit.

I saw a Glendale cop run a really late yellow light today - no lights, no siren, and he wasn't even really speeding.

I'm in Denver, incidentally.

Actually I thought of you because I was out really late Friday at the Rockies and I had to get food on the way home. Of course, the only drive-thru that's open at like eleven is Wendy's so I went to the Wendy's at Alameda and Colorado - a guy was sitting there in his black new-style WRX eating. And I thought: "Could it be Goomba?"

M5Power
I saw a Glendale cop run a really late yellow light today - no lights, no siren, and he wasn't even really speeding.

I'm in Denver, incidentally.

Actually I thought of you because I was out really late Friday at the Rockies and I had to get food on the way home. Of course, the only drive-thru that's open at like eleven is Wendy's so I went to the Wendy's at Alameda and Colorado - a guy was sitting there in his black new-style WRX eating. And I thought: "Could it be Goomba?"

I'll normally see them flip on their lights to get through a red-light or if they're cutting it close. Its quite scary if you up the on ramp a ways and you see a set or more of lights go off behind you.

Awww, thats sweet of you :D, but it wasn't me. Friday night..... I was probably out with my girlfriend, or something, I really don't know.

neanderthal
maybe where you are you're not doing anything wrong, but here in california the law says "slower traffic keep right." there are signs posted frequently on every freeway. in fact id go so far as to say that if you look in your countries vehicle code it says something to the same effect.

the signs don't say traffic driving at the speed limit may drive in left hand lane. it says slower traffic. period.
I think it does say somewhere that slower cars have to keep right, but the majority of roads in this country only have two lanes (one going one direction and the other going the opposite way) so you don't get much of a choice.

The fact is that i ALWAYS drive exactly at the speed limit or a couple of km/s slower. I am driving at the legal limit all the time in otherwords.

Latest Posts

Back