Sale Price

Messages
148
These really need to be fixed, I have a Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe, fully tuned and I pressed sell just to see if I wanted to sell it how much would I get. Guess how much it said I would get if I sold it.

EDIT: It also has 1012 bhp
 
Tree Fitty? ($3.50)

(From South Park for those who don't know).
 
Ouch, did you put a lot of miles on it?
 
I guess that Viper has the resale value of a newish 5 series. That sucks.

This is the main reason I keep my cars, the atrocious resale values.
 
Dude, I had a Viper ACR upgraded with about everything on it. Over 1000 HP. Racing Softs. The works. It had less than 200 miles on it. I looked at how much I'd get for it when I was selling off cars to buy the FGT. It offered me $5,600... Seriously.
 
Upgrades don't increase the sale value of a car. If you had a car that cost you 15,000 CR from the dealership and sells for 5,000 CR (I forget what percentage it actually gives but figured it was like a third), but you spend 50,000 CR in upgrades and then went to sell it, it would still give you just 5,000 CR. It completely ignores upgrades.

At least, this is what it's done with me so far.
 
The resale value is a fixed amount. Mileage, upgrade,... does nothing to the resale value.
I want GT4's resale cr back.
 
GT4 was the same, upgrades did not increase the value, and cars sell for 1/4 of the original price. If you upgrade a car with performance parts in real life you lose money, a lot of money. There are guys that make skylines with over £100,000 in them, the car will still only sell for maybe 20,000, sometimes less.
 
If you upgrade a car with performance parts in real life you lose money, a lot of money.

this is exactly the truth...regular people are wary of buying cars with aftermarket mods on them. most likely the cars have been pushed hard in some way.
 
I was very disappointed when I found that some cars that I know that I'll never use could not be sold, only removed from the garage.
Yeah sure if I don't want a car I could delete it but whats the point in doing so when there's no profit whatsoever?
And also the sale price is just terrible.. its not even worth considering when you're a few credits short from buying some rare car.
 
Don't sell it then. Go race the seasonal events. You get more than enough money from those. It's so easy to get piles and piles of cars, and same for money. I have never felt the need to sell a car in GT yet.
 
I have never felt the need to sell a car in GT yet.

Well no neither have I but I was just interesting in finding out how much I could sell my Dodge Viper for and was shocked so I posted it here
 
There's never been a good resale value on cars you've bought in GT series, especially those on which you've spent thousand's making them fully modded, it's always been that way, why such a big surprise.

The biggest difference is that in previous GT's you could sell and make so much money from repeatedly winning and selling prize cars it didn't matter so much about the resale value of cars you bought.

In this GT it's different, you just need to adjust to it. Don't fully modify a car straight away in case you don't like it, otherwise you've wasted all that money.
 
since GT2, sales are 3rd part of price, in GT1 was at half, if you buy a car at $ 500 and you sold it, you could get $250, i miss that a bit, but i prefer the new mode, more realistic!!
 
Back