Sambabus transmission?

Philippines
Laguna
Alpha_Cipher1
Tried out the sambabus today, and I noticed that there's no neutral in the Samba. Even after putting the stick in neutral the Samba would run at the last gear it was placed, like a sequential shifter would. Is the Sambabus not using a traditional transmission? The bus is provided by a one-make daily race if that helps.

People actually drive those things?! Mine has about 1 mile on it which was just for a circuit photo. The rest of the time I've used it was to make a couple of liveries, then went back to the proper cars!

Tried out the sambabus today, and I noticed that there's no neutral in the Samba. Even after putting the stick in neutral the Samba would run at the last gear it was placed, like a sequential shifter would. Is the Sambabus not using a traditional transmission? The bus is provided by a one-make daily race if that helps.
Samba transmission gave me a headache .

Don't know. I only use a pad so I have to shift sequentially anyway. The Bus comes standard with a 4 speed but is using the full custom transmission (which is a 5 speed) but fixed to default ratios in the daily but I don't know if that makes a difference.

People actually drive those things?! Mine has about 1 mile on it which was just for a circuit photo. The rest of the time I've used it was to make a couple of liveries, then went back to the proper cars!
Well it was in the daily race so... :lol:
Don't know. I only use a pad so I have to shift sequentially anyway. The Bus comes standard with a 4 speed but is using the full custom transmission (which is a 5 speed) but fixed to default ratios in the daily but I don't know if that makes a difference.
Ah, it all makes sense now :) The customizable transmission always acts like a sequential, no matter the car. That's why even thiugh slower, I use the stock tranny on some cars. Thanks for pointing it out! :cheers:

Well it was in the daily race so... :lol:
Ah, it all makes sense now :) The customizable transmission always acts like a sequential, no matter the car. That's why even thiugh slower, I use the stock tranny on some cars. Thanks for pointing it out! :cheers:
Okay, good to know. Since I use a pad I'm always shifting sequentially anyway. And with the Samba Bus I never bother with the stock 4 speed or anything less than full power anyway.

Why yes I actually get 105Mph out of it. And 0-60 in like 5 secs or less. Ramp up the power to 98Bhp, lower the weight to min. It's a beast. It even corners well and will lean with the right settings but it's possible to lessen the overseer and stop it from rolling over by adjusting the ride height and the anti roll bars. I think I have a good tune but it's not perfect. Also make the spring rates harder but not hardest.

Last edited:

I havent yet, but i do remember it being amazing at one of the matterhorn tracks on gt6... the one with the ridiculous corkscrew at the beginning.
and um... ive never found neutral in gran turismo... ever.

I havent yet, but i do remember it being amazing at one of the matterhorn tracks on gt6... the one with the ridiculous corkscrew at the beginning.
and um... ive never found neutral in gran turismo... ever.
You're gonna want a stick shift to get to that highly sought after neutral gear :lol:

Back