San Andreas: Cars And Their Real Life Counterparts

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 50 comments
Who was laughing?

Rancher - Jeep Cheroke.

The Rancher is actually a Ford Bronco.

(Not sure if these have been posted, not going to bother checking them out.)

Sultan-90's Subaru Impreza
Elegy-R33-34 Nissan Skyline
Infernus-Honda NSX
Banshee-Dodge Viper (or look-alike)
Stafford-Bentley
Premier-Crown Victoria (seems like it, but I'm not sure.)

It's a Caprice, because the Elegant is a Lincoln Town Car. Also, it looks quite similar to the Taxi and cop car from GTAIII.

im thinking all variants of the rancher are based more on the old c30 blazer and suburban (i think thats what they were called) the huntley (awesome by the way) is a range rover, the landstalker looks to be either an s10 blazer or jimmy and the bobcat is a chevy s10.. ive never decided what i thought the elegant looked like but the greenwood (i think, whatever sweet drives) is definately an older lincoln town car and the virgo is a continental coupe, my uncle had owned many lincolns like these and they are serious lead sled material. just like in the game:) the esperanto is some sort of old caddy and the stallion reminds me of a low level chevy malibu (not fast enough to be a chevelle) and the sabre has 442 written all over it. as for the buffalo, i see a little bit of dodge datona in it but it looks and drives more like a camaro to me where as the manana ( very rare in this game?) is definately some sort of lowly k car like a shadow or somthing. anyone have any thoughts on some of the motorcycles?

EDIT: ive noticed a lot of people seem to think the sadler is an old dodge or somthing, looks just like an old jeep comanche

driver parallel lines, that was a pretty good game, espeacially since it had some ideas i would like to see inthe next gta since it pretty much just elaborated on ideas from san andreas. my favorite was by far my red miura look alike... you forgot to mention the pantera lookalike in your thread that was a cool car too

The Buffalo is the Bastard child of a Mitsubishi Starion and an 80s Camaro.
The Rancher is most definitely a C/K series Blazer.
The Phoenix has a few 300zx cues mixed in with its Firebirdness.
I see early 70s Ford Ranger in the Sadler.

The Phoenix has a few 300zx cues mixed in with its Firebirdness.
Seems almost like a carbon copy to me:
Phoenix_g.jpg

Pontiac%20Trans%20Am%201977.jpg

High-Test
I see early 70s Ford Ranger in the Sadler.
There was no 70's Ford Ranger. It debuted in 1983.

speaking of the pheonix... besides one of the sf races i havent ever seen a pheonix in the game. it was a cool car in vc and i was wondering where it went, also whats the deal with the fbi tank and fbi truck, can you even get those outside missions?

The SWAT can only be gotten in the last mission of the game. The FBI Truck can only be gotten with a Gameshark.
On occasion it is possible to see Pheonixes in vigilante missions. Otherwise no, you won't see it.

thats a shame on all three counts :( i liked the pheonix and the fbi truck was even shown in that stupid ass brady guide i forked over $$$ for:grumpy:

thats a shame on all three counts :( i liked the pheonix and the fbi truck was even shown in that stupid ass brady guide i forked over $$$ for:grumpy:

You can get hte phoenix without cheats, if you have street races unlocked, go to wang autos in Doherty (San Fierro) go to the red marker behind the shop and select the race titled 'San Fierro Hills' you'll be in the phoenix and alll you have to do is drive it to a garage, get out and wait for you disqualification from the race. And no, it doesn't spawn on it's own so don't go looking for it.

only in one of the san fiero races, i remember driving it in that race and remembering that it actually existed, i now miss it enough maybe to purposfully lose the race and keep the car, apparently it also occaisonally appears during vigalante mode but i havent seen it yet... i loved that car in VC its a shame they didnt make it more available in this game

These are the ones that I know so far...

Blista Compact - Honda CRX
Turismo - Ferrari F40 LM
Bullet - Ford GT
Emperor - Infinti Q45
Elegy - Nissan Skyline (R32 Front, R34 Rear)
Jester - Toyota Supra
Sultan - Subaru Impreza
Voodoo - '60 Bel Air Sport Coupe (Thanks High-Test)
Club - '86 VW Golf

Any more?
Only problem with Jester. Front wheel drive. Id say a mix of Supra But with a Fiat Coupe Turbo Kick. Its front wheel drive and has a 213hp kick. Maybe sort of looks like a Mitsubishi FTO

I've found what wheels are driven in the game are not necessarily those driven in real life, such as in the Euros (which is apparently a 4WD 300ZX) and the Hermes (which is apparently a FWD '49 Mercury).

and the previously noted 123 admiral which is fwd
the turismo and infernus are both 4wd unlike their counter parts
many things about the cars other than what it looks like are wrong...
drive wheels
engine location
performance
most of that is probably on purpose to avoid any issues with manufacturers since some of the vehicles are very very close look a likes

As an owner of the PC version of both Vice City and 3, I can say that restoring the drive train of some cars to their real life counterparts (such as restoring the Admiral to RWD or making the Moonbeam AWD) can lead to fun results (as can an AWD Stallion).

really? how much of a pain is that? that would make me consider getting SA for the ps now that i have a decent computer, also how about reskinning the cars

Back