(NOT)Sandbagging it's something else. SOLVED!!

• Thread starter sdi_03
  • 183 comments
I don't know the specifics other than this was an issue back in GT6. There was a group on GTPlanet that would run time trials, and the time difference offline vs. online were remarkable. Offline could be as much as 2 seconds a lap faster. I've noticed this in GTSport. Tracks and cars that I am intimately familiar with feel a lot different in sport races. And yes, I make sure the parameters are the same in offline practice as for the online races.

The caveat to this is that I haven't done sport mode since August or September.
My experience with this suggest to me that there is simply no fuel weight in the car in offline time trial. When I'm on lower fuel runs in the league races I do I notice that my times are closer to the times I ran offline.

I'd imagine if you disabled fuel and tire wear in the online lobby then the times would be closer, unless online mode keeps the fuel weight in the car and simply doesn't deplete it.

Ok, still working for me, now the grip stays decent and it's possible to drive the car. 1:57.287 is my best time for the race B qualify.
Could maybe do little better. Here is litle slower lap, if somebody can tell where I lose time?

Soooo, you guys gona love this. The grip is back, like I said the 4th race last night was good. I really dont know what was causing it. This was the reason I thought it would be built in to the game. At least thats case on the hotlap.

Ok, still working for me, now the grip stays decent and it's possible to drive the car. 1:57.287 is my best time for the race B qualify.
Could maybe do little better. Here is litle slower lap, if somebody can tell where I lose time?

Both of these times are posted in a mode which has no tyre wear or fuel use, and thus has more grip. As soon as tyre wear and fuel use is enabled, grip diminishes whether you have worn your tyres or not.

Both of these times are posted in a mode which has no tyre wear or fuel use, and thus has more grip. As soon as tyre wear and fuel use is enabled, grip diminishes whether you have worn your tyres or not.

Yes I know. When I was having issues with the grip, I was driving on the same race B qualify. My best time for the R8 with the ice grip was 2:01.
All these tests that I've made ar on this same qualify runs at this weeks race B.
Both tube videos are recorded on the online qualify session.
I have no idea what caused the issue, but it seems to be gone now.

oh, it's back. best qualy time today barely under 1:59. No grip on race either. sliding thru corners...
No online for me then...

Thanks for all, and keep gettin guuud. I'll do that in PC2.

oh, it's back. best qualy time today barely under 1:59. No grip on race either. sliding thru corners...
No online for me then...

Thanks for all, and keep gettin guuud. I'll do that in PC2.

Is it possible you were having a bad day? It happens. Like Famine said it would be really helpful to see a video of the mystery loss of grip.

Otherwise all the best in PC2.

I’ll post video. Did take capture, but had no time to upload.
No vid from the race tho.
I wathed the replays, and lines are pretty much the same. Missed some apex becouse the car was pushing so badly.

Here is the video from two laps. You can clearly hear tyres strugling and see that more steering input is needed. I drove two laps befere these, 2:01 and 2:00.
Had to adjust turning and cornerspeed to keep on raceline.

I have raced 120 or so races and been in top5 for 41. I have reced against top rated players and keep my position in the grid.
Now suddenly, my race laps are 5sec lower than best qualy.

You're going to lose a second a lap just switching from offline to online. It's something I've noticed - the grip levels seem to be lower across the board online. That's why I do any practice in an online lobby with tire wear and fuel on, it's a better method for reinforcing good driving habits and pacing compared to practicing offline where there's no fuel weight or tire wear.

Try duplicating the settings for the Daily C race in a friends only lobby and you'll likely see similar laptimes to race conditions.

So why does the grip change between qualifications? When its ok, I can do 1:57xx laps quite constant. Then no grip and high 1:58 is a struggle?

So why does the grip change between qualifications? When its ok, I can do 1:57xx laps quite constant. Then no grip and high 1:58 is a struggle?

How much time between sessions? Were they done back to back or hours apart?

Yes. this weeks daily race B qualification and race has been no grip events for me.
Faster laps last night, the grip was good then, like I mentioned before in the thread. I thought it was just a clitc.
These slow laps were today.

Yes. this weeks daily race B qualification and race has been no grip events for me.
Faster laps last night, the grip was good then, like I mentioned before in the thread. I thought it was just a clitc.
These slow laps were today.
You're not going to be perfectly consistent on a day to day basis. You'll have slow days and you'll have fast days. Things can and will feel different on the daily despite being identical otherwise.

Using wheel. G29

I know that consistency is not same everyday. I used to drive katrting once aweek, my laptimes were with in .3sec Best laps even closer together.
If you wathc the videos I posted, there is huge difference in turn in grip for the same car. R8 used in all videos.

I ran the Audi and switched my units to metric and tried to hit 57.8. Couldn’t do it, but comparing my lap to yours by stopping and checking speeds showed you can hit the esses into the uphill straight better.
It can be entered faster and flat out if done perfect.
There’s a couple spots you could use more track imo, that said, I can only do at best a 58.1 in that car so I’m definitely slow.

On today’s posted lap just from a quick look you are in diff places on track, lugging 3rd in a couple places where you were not before, and off throttle where before you were on. They are just different laps is all imo.
Your lines were better in the other vid, but I’d still say on the tight side.
The best way to get good times is run the car stock. .55 is easy then lol.

I noticed the bit of maintenance throttle mid corner you use was better in the other laps. The u turn there the second time you hit it well. In the other vid, you were very good with maintenance throttle.
Subtle changes on that track make big differences.

Jmo but it’s not the grip changing, it’s your line and inputs...

Ymmv

Line and inputs, you are correct. But the change in grip made me change the driving style.
Did a video of the consistency. Offline race fist time this race and this car.

Woud the FFB be inconsistent in off line? Or is this only online problem? If this problem is that FFB, it could affect on driving and in mind.
I mean that if I thinkt that the grip is bad, it will affect my lines and throttleuse etc. Still it seems odd, that I cant keep the car in same line thru corners.
It just lacks front end grip and plows out off line

Line and inputs, you are correct. But the change in grip made me change the driving style.
Did a video of the consistency. Offline race fist time this race and this car.

Woud the FFB be inconsistent in off line? Or is this only online problem? If this problem is that FFB, it could affect on driving and in mind.
I mean that if I thinkt that the grip is bad, it will affect my lines and throttleuse etc. Still it seems odd, that I cant keep the car in same line thru corners.
It just lacks front end grip and plows out off line

That’s a very tough track and car combo.
Usually I drive better with morning coffee, but this morning I still couldn’t go sub 58 in that Audi deathtrap.
That car hauls on that track but only if you have Senna like skills.
The tricked up changes in camber are everything, it’s PD torturing you.

There’s no grip bug, that’s how tough the mr gr3 cars are, at least on wheel. They have awesome balance and setup, just look at the top ten replays, they can be pushed really hard by good drivers...For myself, it’s fr all day on wheel for gr3. Those cars are sketchy.

Oh, missed the wheel settings. torque is 3 and sens is 10. The controller setting is-2 not sure if it affects the wheel. Settings are same on all videos.

I allso noticed on these daily b races, that game slows down quite abit when there is lots of cars i screen. Need to check speedo for not qoing too fast in corners

Do you calibrate your pedals the same way each time you play GT Sport (Depress brake and accelerator pedals as much as you can when you first go on track after loading the game)? That might affect your consistency.

I would recommend using Torque: 4 or 5, Sens: 10.

It’s important to analyse the top drivers laps and try to match them to the smallest detail.

Here are some great channels:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNy3EHsIophb90fuz7N814A

https://www.youtube.com/user/tidgney

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcoitqGit0-hcm4EKcTa7QQ

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCdciX2Ng82GiLij-R-5Oeg

I would avoid watching gameplay from anyone other than elite drivers as you will naturally replicate it. It’s easier when you don’t know any worse.

All the game play videos in this thread is driven by me.
When grip is ok Im consistent and fast. When grip is poor, Im consistent but slow.

In the 10 lap race, laps are with in 0.3 sec. Fastest lap I had good slipstream on long straight.
At start there was slow ai cars that slowed me down.

Ill test those settings, but its hard to believe that settings would be the cause. Like I said, when the grip is good, Im fast with the settings I have.

Back