Saturday Night Drift Series.

• Thread starter Alexd1345
  • 190 comments
Japan
Madrid
MCR-Hako / Alexd1345

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...&fg2=000&msg=Saturday+Night+Series+Qualifying

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...390c2&fg2=000&msg=Saturday+Night+Series+Top+8

No racecar chassis.
No front aero.
1000HP limit.
Comfort Hards.
Room setup'd with Grip on real, Slipstream on weak and Tyre wear in Normal.
Added steering lock allowed, in a reasonable amount.

Any C6 Corvette.
Mazda RX7 Spirit R (P).
M3 GTR.

No car changes allowed. One main car and backup car. Maximum 3 people by each team (there isn't a minimum)
Judges will be chosen the day the competition starts. Will need 2 more people that need to know how to judge.

PSN ID:
Car (main):
Horsepower:
Hybrid:
Engine:
Chassis:
Backup Car:

Three judges, FD style. The criteria for judging are as follows:

A. SPEED
Speed is a non-subjective criterion. Speed is used by monitoring a driver’s speed at a specific part of the course. Each course may have multiple speed capturing areas, but only one area will ultimately be used in scoring.

B. ANGLE
The maximum drift angle at which a driver can maintain and control his/her vehicle throughout the marked course.

C. LINE
The drift line is defined as the ideal path a vehicle must take on course and is marked by inner clipping points and outer clipping zones. The exact line of each track will be dictated by the judges at each track.

D. STYLE/IMPACT
Style is probably the most subjective part of the drivers’ runs. Style is just what it sounds like: The drivers’ overall ability to take the specific judging criteria and display it is the most personal and individual way. That is the essence of style. Aggressive flicks, closeness to walls, extreme angle and extreme proximity to the lead vehicle (in case of head-to-head competitions) are examples of how personal driving style can be showcased.

TANDEM ELIMINATION ROUNDS

Tandem rounds are based on two (2) runs, in head-to-head format, with competitors paired up based on qualifying position. The higher qualifier will lead the first run and the second led by the lower qualifier.

A. LEAD CAR
The lead car is to drift the course using the speed, line, angle and style as defined by the judges for qualifying. Typically, the lead car should driver 90 percent of his/her qualifying run(s) and focus specifically on hitting all clipping point and zones with the maximum line, angle, speed and style as possible.

B. CHASE CAR
In general, the chase car needs to treat the lead car as a moving clipping point and showcase more angle and style while in chase. With regards to speed, a chase driver may get as close to the lead car as possible as long as the chase car’s front wheels DO NOT reach in front of the lead car’s front wheels. In essence, if done properly, a chase driver can be door-to-door with the lead car without being in violation of being on a lower line. For a chase car to show true dominance to the lead car, the driver must follow the line the lead driver chooses, maintain consistent and larger angle than the lead car and use speed to maintain consistent and close proximity to the lead car.

C. PASSING
Passing is allowed in Formula DRIFT. Passing is allowed anywhere on course as long as the lead car is clearly off the line the judges have specified. Any passing that occurs outside the scope of the aforementioned criteria will be deemed illegal and constitute an equivalence to a zero (0) run.

COLLISIONS

Vehicle contact in drifting is something that SATURDAY NIGHT DRIFT SERIES recognizes as part of the sport, however contact of vehicles while in head-to-head battle requires specific rulings and guidelines as follows:

A. LEAD CAR
The lead car is required at all times to run the line given by the judges and also maintain adequate speed throughout the course. If the lead car measures untypical speed, this may result in a score against that driver. Typical speed for a lead car is defined as speeds of equivalent measurement from qualifying speeds. Some slight variance (+5, -5) is in most cases acceptable.

If the lead car loses drift, goes off line or reduces speed too drastically in comparison to that particular driver’s qualifying speeds and the chase car hits the lead car, the lead car will in most cases be deemed at fault for the contact. It is each individual judge’s job to ascertain fault. There may be circumstances where the lead car is not at fault for the contact, but this will be left to each individual judge to ascertain.

B. CHASE CAR
The chase car is required at all times to follow and chase the lead car. The driver of the chase car is encouraged to know the approximate speed of the lead car through the entire course. If the chase car makes contact, in most cases that driver will be deemed at fault for the contact unless otherwise noted. Contact known as “rubbing” is acceptable, however the chase car cannot affect the lead car where loss of drift or loss of line occurs.

E. Two or more of the following items constitute and automatic zero in tandem:

Straightening
Double entry
Abrupt stop
Stalling

TANDEM ELIMINATIONS

Three Judges will observe both runs during a head-to-head battle. There will be no declaration of scores between the two runs. At the conclusion of the head to head battle each judge will individually declare a winner. Judges are allowed to converse but are not permitted to show their written winner to any other judge. Judge separation devices may be used. Judges will select from three options:

Driver “A” wins
Driver “B” wins
“One More Time”
The majority will rule and a winner will be decided. In the event there is no clear majority, a “One More Time” will be granted, and the competitors will begin another 2-run head-to-head battle. Multiple “One-More-Times” may be necessary to determine a winner.

Based in 99 points (only will be able to get 100 if you do a perfect run with the most angle possible)
-8 Points if you miss a CP.
-4 Points if you half miss a CP (like half of a meter).
-6 Points if you correct.
-4 points if any of your wheels go off track.

Your run will be 0'd if:
You fully straighten.
Your both front wheels go off track.
You crash.
You lose the drift (half spin) or fully spin.
You experience major understeer.

TRACK

10082049253_27e684016b_o.jpg

PSN ID: SiD_LWR13
Car (main): Nissan Silvia S15
Horsepower: 554
Hybrid: yes
Engine: RB26DETT
Chassis: Z34
Backup Car: BMW 135i Coupe (non-hybrid, 534 HP)

PSN ID: RSM-Spank
Car (main): Ford Mustang SVT
Horsepower: 690
Engine: NASCAR V8
Chassis: stock
Backup Car: Toyota Altezza / Rx8 chassis / 26b 4 Rotor / 587 hp

PSN ID: MCR-Ishox
Car (main): Supra RZ
Horsepower: 560
Hybrid: No.
Engine:
Chassis:
Backup Car: Lexus SC430

PSN ID:MCR-Hako
Car (main):Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo A '88
Horsepower:Varies. 480-560 HP
Hybrid:Yes
Engine:2JZ-GTE
Chassis:Z34
Backup Car:Toyota Supra RZ '97

PSN ID: Aidan_S13
Car (main): Nismo 270R
Horsepower: 525 HP
Hybrid: Yes
Engine:2JZ-GTE
Chassis:Nissan Fairlady 370Z (Z34)
Backup Car: Volvo 240

PSN ID: lspredator
Car (main): Nissan 200SX S13
Horsepower: 433 HP
Engine: 1JZ-GTE VVTI
Chassis: 300ZX (Z32)
Backup Car: Toyota Supra MK4

PSN ID: NiTRO_RiDiK
Car (main): Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 '09 (You better change it, it's banned)
Horsepower: 898
Hybrid: No
Chassis: Stock
Engine: Stock
Backup Car:-

PSN ID: MCR-Smokey
Car (Main): 300ZX Z32
Horsepower: 600HP
Engine: 2JZ-GTE
Backup car: -

PSN ID: MCR-Streets
Car (main): N/A (Still working on it)
Horsepower: N/A
Chassis:-
Backup car:-

PSN ID: MCR-Fr3DDy
Car (main): Toyota GT86
Horsepower: 500 HP
Chassis: stock
Backup Car: might consider using my s15 as backup car, but not 100% sure yet. Have to think about it.

PSN ID: MCR-Toretto
Car (main): Nissan 240SX (S14)
Horsepower: 500 HP
Chassis: Nissan 370Z (Z34)
Backup Car: Ford Mustang GT '07

PSN ID: DWorks-
Car (main): Toyota Supra MK3
Horsepower: 510 HP
Chassis: Lexus LFA
Backup Car: RX-7 FC/1JZ

PSN ID: MCR-Gio
Car (main): Toyota chaser
Horsepower: 630
Chassis:
Backup Car: Toyota 86 GT

PSN ID: RSM-ShiroJP
Car (main): JZX100 Chaser
Horsepower: 420HP
Hybrid: No
Engine: Stock
Backup Car: CLK 55 AMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfHRsQaAobc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUw19E3S4zK86xOsfVCWkgmA

If you do top 8 but you don't advance to Top 4, you will receive your qualifying score divided by 10. Example: x qualifies to Top 8 with a 97, but he doesn't advances to Top 4. He would receive 9.7 points, being 10 the maximum you can get. 1st gets 50 points, 2nd 40, 3rd 30 and 4th 20 points.

1).MCR-Hako- 50 points
2).MCR-Freddy- 40 points
3).Aidan-S13- 30 points
4.)NiTRO_RiDiK- 20 points
5.)MCR-Gio- 9.75 points
6.)lspredator- 9.65 points
7.)JSD-DUDDY- 9.15 points
8.)somerandomNinja- 9.05 points
9.)Manihacker123- 0 points
10.)DjHashBrown- 0 points
11.)bambyes- 0 points

1st ROUND:

All judging info has been taken from FD website.

Last edited:
That's a weird section lol.

I can't access my streeto account by the way, forgot my password and d.o.b (set it as somethin random), so I'm having to contact the Japanese PSN inquiries, no luck yet.

:(

Psn: RSM-Spank
Car: Infiniti G35
Engine: LS7
Chassis: Camaro '10

Signed you all. Thank you! If something isn't clear, just say it. Clipping Point 3.3 is yet to come in a few minutes.

Psn: MCR-Fr3DDy
Car: Nissan 350z '07
Chassis: Chevrolet corvette C6

MCR-Toretto
Car: Nissan 240sx
Engine: 2JZ
Chassis: Don't know ask Isho and *insert here* when you find out

RSM-Eric1512
Car: FC RX7
Engine: LS1
Chassis: Nissan Fairlady Z32 (300zx)

Oh damn! We are 9 people already! And more people are planning to come! Thank you guys!

Added Clipping Point 3.3 to the OP.

The more the better, lets see if we can get 16 people ahaha.

Last edited:
yeah il judge aswell if needed, and the z4 is on nsx chassis and m3 race car engine, 640 bhp N/A

"Lars"
PSN: Lspredator
Team: DriftMonkey
Car: NISSAN 200sx S13 1991
Engine: 1JZ-GTE VVTI Hp: 452Whp
Weight: 1226Kg
Tyres: Comfort Medium

"Lars"
Engine: 1JZ-GTE VVTI Hp: 452Whp
Tyres: Comfort Hard

Lars matey, fixed it for you.

I'll judge too if you want Alex

"Lars"
Engine: 1JZ-GTE VVTI
Hp: 452Whp
Tyres: Comfort Medium
Lars matey, fixed it for you.

I'll judge too if you want Alex

Added you to the Drivers list. I remember you guys, if something isn't clear with the section, just let me know.
By the way, the SR22 is DEAD under 2300 rpm. That engine dies. I might be using a 3SGTE, way more familiar with that engine.

Last edited:
Added you to the Drivers list. I remember you guys, if something isn't clear with the section, just let me know.
By the way, the SR22 is DEAD under 2300 rpm. That engine dies. I might be using a 3SGTE, way more familiar with that engine.

loool, never had a engine cut out on me before apart from the vr38 in a Kart

The section has like 3 big corners before it. Just go ahead and find it. Thanks for signing up to you all!
Also, a video showing the line of the section might come today.

Back