Sauber Fan Club

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ram-Rod
  • 44 comments
  • 3,254 views
chinko
i'll be a honourary fan sometime next week :lol: im upto Monaco or wherever in the Formula GT championship. i had to save its ass on high speed ring which was annoying :( but i love my Bright orange Formula. does anyone know how many races i have to win until i can safely bunk the rest of the races and still win the championship? im currently on 60 :)

It will depend on the performances of your opposition. But the formula works like this for any championship: Multiply the number of races left by 10, then subtract the number of races left from the result. If there are 5 races left in the championship, then the result would be 50 - 5 = 45. If your lead in the championship is more than 45 points, you cannot be beaten. This assumes you get a point for placing 6th in each of the last races. If you forfeit that 1 point by skipping races, then the gap needs to be simply the number of races left multiplied by 10. This of course gives you the maximum number of points your opposition can earn.
Since the Formula GT championship is 15 races, and assuming the same guy always comes second, your lead will increase by 4 points every race. In this case, after 11 races you will have at least a 44 point lead, with 4 races remaining. Since 4 x 10 is 40, and 40 is less than 44, you cannot be beaten. Therefore you need to win a maximum of 11 races to guarantee a championship victory. This does not have to be 11 races in a row, so if the 13th race is your 11th race win, you can start bunking after that. If the same car does not keep always come second, you can bunk earlier using my first formula. Effectively this means you are aiming for 110 points. The best your opponent can then do is 11 x 6 + 4 x 10, which is 106 points. If you swap one of your 11 wins for a second place and your opponent wins, then he gets 110 points and you get 106, so realistically 110 is your target.
 
Alfaholic
I would have thought a Chaparral 2J Fan Club would have been more appropriate. My garage has 2 potential members already :sly:

I'm still not sure he got this one yet...
 
Ezz777
I'm still not sure he got this one yet...

Not sure either, but I am sure the faeces will strike the oscillator if I mention the fans of the 2J again :)
 
Alfaholic
Not sure either, but I am sure the faeces will strike the oscillator if I mention the fans of the 2J again :)

C'mon dude. The 2J kix ass. :)
 
woo the sauber is amazing. i lost this thread :lol: but count me in aswell. it kicks supreme booty
 
Ram-Rod
i have used the Search Feature and could not find a Sauber Mercedes-Benz C9 Fan Club. So i decided why not start one. I currently have no members. Just ask if you want to join. If you do you just have to put :sly: Member of Sauber Fan Club :sly: in your sig.

Um. You have some members. Aren't you going to post the names or something?
 
Michael Schumacher has driven the C9...dunno if he's a fan or not though
 
Somehow, the car always makes me think of Alexander Vinokourov, the cyclist. :confused: (And no, I am not drunk or high or something.)
 
The Sauber is definetly my favourite car in Gt4 i have all the good cars and in my eyes the Sauber is NUMBER 1 👍 LET Me join your club 👍
 
amp88
Michael Schumacher has driven the C9...dunno if he's a fan or not though

Yes, that's true. Though Schumacher really made his name driving the C11, the first Group C car he drove was the C9.

Good enough for me. I'm in.
 
I'd join the club if I only had the car...
 
its a fan club, u dont need the car. btw, member list coming soon.
 
Back