Save game DL/ NOOB drivers

  • Thread starter Thread starter mustang245
  • 35 comments
  • 2,636 views

mustang245

(Banned)
Messages
480
Messages
mustang245
After much thought and much racing, starting with JPN version, I've reached a conclusion regarding online racing quality. Or lack of it. We all see the blacklist, numerous threads & posts concerning noobs, and I'm afraid we may have ourselves to blame. The 'saved game DL' at top of this forum page. Take a look, almost all new members. As soon as they get Prologue they come here for 'the easy way out'. Shortcutting the offline Events structure, C,B &A which was designed too orient us to online play with penalties and a general sense of progression. With a DL one doesn't have to clear the 'rite of passage' and can go straight to Professional mode online, thus 'polluting the water' for mature racers of skill without learning how to drive. New membership is skyrocketing, but are these the members we want. A DL is the cheaters way, I'm still working thru S class for the right to drive the F2007. These 'noobs' are proudly flying the 'GTP' tag... I'm afraid this could tarnish the image of this otherwise fine site.
 
I had the same thoughts when I saw people openly giving up this info.. I have never been a fan of using cheat codes to unlock a game, it feels like a failing of sorts and derives absolutely zero satisfaction or achievement.
I see this as the same thing.

An average driver should be able to finish all the events in 2 to 3 days of trying, a poor driver will take longer, however the poor driver will be a better driver by the time he has finished all events. Here we are openly encouraging poor drivers to stay that way.

The money earnt through winning online races will see you own an F1 car in a couple weeks and own every car shortly after.

Allowing a fast track to all events and cars is poor form from any site so devoted to a series or game.. not just GTPlanet.

Just my 2 cents.
 
That is quite interesting! I didn't know that you could just bypass the entire game like that. Thats very cheap and useless. Honestly why buy the game if you don't even bother to get good at it? You know all we have to do is just wait until we can create our own online rooms and none of that will matter. I wonder if they will allow us to lock the rooms too, so only those with the password can get it? hmm..

Hey mustang, I will give you my F2007..its useless in this game..Its just a prop. However it is the best vehicle on the game. I have a question though, why do you want the F2007? It does cost a lot of money, and the only place you can use it is C-B-A Class. You can't race it online. Like I said just a prop!
 
I had the same thoughts when I saw people openly giving up this info.. I have never been a fan of using cheat codes to unlock a game, it feels like a failing of sorts and derives absolutely zero satisfaction or achievement.
I see this as the same thing.

An average driver should be able to finish all the events in 2 to 3 days of trying, a poor driver will take longer, however the poor driver will be a better driver by the time he has finished all events. Here we are openly encouraging poor drivers to stay that way.

The money earnt through winning online races will see you own an F1 car in a couple weeks and own every car shortly after.

Allowing a fast track to all events and cars is poor form from any site so devoted to a series or game.. not just GTPlanet.

Just my 2 cents.

Excellent philosophy you have. You're an example to follow for other 'new members'. We're screwing up our own online experience, then bitchin' about it.
 
I'm new here. I've been a member for about a week or so when unimental posted in a forum on ARS about checking out this site, and I really like the forum and the cats that race from here. But I havent been here long enough, nor do I think I will change my name to GTP_panchito401, and it really doesn't matter to me.

However, I dont think you can say that someone who just paid 40 bones for a bloated demo (a great one I might add) doesn't deserve to race in whatever the hell class he wants, with or without completing the CBAS races. This game isn't run by the FIA. Noone is getting paid to drive a playstation.

If you're that worried about new people coming onto the site or "flying the GTP flag" then why not make it invite only? I wasn't invited here, I just heard about it. More members / page views = More ad money. More money for whoever runs this site is better for all of us to have a community to post to, and hopefully a more engaging and entertaining site as time progresses.

I think this is a great site and forum and I hope more people join it whether they're "noobs" or not. Maybe the "noobs" will become a little more educated about proper racing etiquitte once they stumble here, thus improving the GT experience as a whole.

-f
 
This thread is concerned primarily with the online 'experience'. Quality of this site is first rate. Unimental is a fine member and one hell of a driver. And you and other new members are welcome here, I did not appoint myself emperor, I have an issue with saved game DL's and the caliber of drivers it allows into Professional physics mode online. They should stick to 'standard' mode til they learn to drive. More members is good, Bad members is not.
 
I sniff what you're scratching. I didn't realize that people had posted game saves at all.

-f
 
You and I converse regularly, mustang. This is an interesting topic and you are essentially a devil's advocate to myself in this light. As you can see, I've a link to a personal site wth a full GT4 save in my signature, and I was just getting ready to release full saves of the JPN Prologue and US Prologue. Now, you've made me put some thought into whether I should just produce videos of how to clear the events cleanly as do others here, if anything at all.

I will certainly continue to give this some thought, especially with regards to how it affects our online experiences. GT4 never had that (aside from x-link), so I offered the save up for those racing in the Weekly Race Series who perhaps lacked the time to save money for a car that would be raced only for the period of a week. GT online is certainly a completely new bag.
 
Hi,

I am kinda new on the forum as well and have the DL EURO version of GT5:P.
As being a hardcore gamer in the past on Pc ( Unreal , Unreal Tournament, Quake, COD, ...) and being a multinational clanleader running on several tournaments on clanbase, I have always emphasized the importance of fairness and equality and respect.
even to an extent that ( in the other games then ) typekilling, shooting in the back, spawnkilling (I don't mean by accident) is unfair and therefor not tolerated on our servers.
Our motto is Fairplay = gameplay

As for GT5:P I have the possibility to download the savegame.
I have as well. HOWEVER. I only did this out of curiosity on what is waiting for me.
After I have tried some high performance cars, I have put back my original savegame.
And playing event after event and even retrying until I get Gold.
The satisfaction and skill you build up doing it like this is tremendous.
I had some difficult races and especially in the beginning. (No aids/Pro Physics/Manual shifting)
but the satisfaction is indescribable.

I can understand some people wanting the full "unlocked" possibilities to just have fun.
Causing enervation with the hardcore sim driver.
I too get p*ss*d when rammed and get a penalty on top of that. But sometimes it isn't the fault of the Noob driver but more of pushing the edge and loosing control. Happens to the best of us as well.

I agree that private rooms/lobbies would filter a lot of this out. but there will always be tempered racedrivers that will go to every extent to make someone's experience miserable.

a form of communication my help as well. a simple 'sorry' or ' I didn't mean to' can do wonders. and will even sometimes result in a rematch.

it is my first real Sim experience on a console and I am liking every second of it. even in the 'noob-arenas' ;-)

I am sure in the future it will all become better and more bearable.
besides: only the real hardcore GT5 lover will remain online and play and the players for fun will move on to the next 'nice' game when it gets released.

just my 2 cents

Merlina
 
merlina, your two cents are welcome.
Z, your posts are like your driving, always classy.
As GranTurismo is arguably for the hardcore, I find it hypocritical to DL a saved game or offer them freely to people whose last driving experience was Burnout:Paradise or some NFS. Mistakes happen, getting rammed exiting the 'bus stop' @ Daytona RC by someone who didn't even tap their brakes is something else. For persons who can't be bothered with unlocking Professional physics mode, why do we provide them a 'free pass'?
 
1. merlina, your two cents are welcome.

2. Mistakes happen, getting rammed exiting the 'bus stop' @ Daytona RC by someone who didn't even tap their brakes is something else.

3. For persons who can't be bothered with unlocking Professional physics mode, why do we provide them a 'free pass'?

1. Thanks Mustang :)

2. exactly !

3. exactly again. I believe that everyone should work to get what they want instead of relying on others to do it for them. ( this goes for real life as well 👍)
 
I downloaded a gamesave. I didn't have the time to play through it, but I'm certainly not a n00b.

I will play through the full GT5 though.
 
Totally agree with many here. I was in fact, trying to say anything like this on other topic about online here but I didn't due to my english, just because I want to say many detailed things and I can't because those are the kind of post that uses more grammar on a language in which I'm not native.

Anyway: I'm totally agree with you, because the C, B, A & S tests are "filters", and with those filters you improve your drivin', you learn how is supossed to drive on GT. And in fact, for example I passed all the C, B, A & S tests on 4 days, let's say 84% on gold, so now after only 4 days I'm trying to reach to gold those that are on silver, and that's only on 4 days. Some would take longer, and some would taker much less because I know I've still much to learn on GT even after years playing because I'm not as good as many people here, but that's the point on Gran Turismo... that's the different from Need For Speed and other one. Gran Turismo is just as big as it's difficult, and there's the achievement... I can't think about people paying the game just to drive some cars like on GTA4. C'mon, why the hell the people pay a game for then download a save and pass flying all this amazing experience I'd have on 4 days?.

The feeling of saving money for the F430 and other gems. The feeling of being passing cars on Fuji or Suzuka on S-7 or S-10 and then set yourself on the 1st place driving and two laps left so you start to going nervous just to keep yourself 1st until finish the event to get gold. The feeling of being adjusting your brakes and your aero to get the best at every course. And even more important: the feeling that all that work you'd on the test seems totally usefull on the onlines because you feel you know how to do the things and the behaviour of your car when you put it on it's extreme trying to do your best on a online race.

I'm the kind of person who see that still have to much to learn on GT because in this forum I see some people that are really huge, and all of us had have an start so I also try to give a hand to those who are starting because we can't forget that GT is just a videogame and 90% people start it as a videogame not being as professional as some of here "want to" / "see it". But what I say is, if you see that the game is hard (and it's...) why not start from the beginning and use the beginning online races?. I DID it, even after pass all the previous GT and know a bit of how to drive I still pass all the tests and started from the amateur online races because I know I would like to improve my driving.

Some there seems to be just kiddin' with the sixaxis instead of driving.. and it's sad because for me, GRAN TURISMO on the achievements is like when you pass an university test about a subject you know you were enjoying it, and even after pass the test you still feel that a part of the subject will keep all the time on your mind because I'll be like a part of your experience/knowledge for many time, totally usefull.
 
I agree completely with the original post. As far as I am concerned, it's not worth even getting the game if you're going to download a completed save game. You won't have earned anything that's enabling you to race on the tracks or drive the cars you are doing.

I'd not thought of the game downloads like that before but I suppose it does explain why there are some particularly outclassed drivers racing in classes that you wouldn't expect, i.e. the intermediate and professional modes.
 
Hi im guilty of using a game save I can't be bothered to race the same old races offline over and over and over for pitance in cash. BORING.

I only buy PS3 games to play online.

I consider myself to be a clean driver although I am not the quickest driver and usually end up finishing middle of the pack. I can count on both hands the amount of races I have won online. The enjoyment for me is racing against good clean drivers, I also get fed up of drivers who use me as their brakes or barriers. If I do outbrake myself or take somebody out by accident (it happens) I will wait for them to rejoin the race ahead of me where the rightly deserve to be. Also if they have me beaten on a straight or going into a bend I concide the place and never try to ram or block them.

I race on the Suzuka PP600, my favourite track.
 
Hi im guilty of using a game save I can't be bothered to race the same old races offline over and over and over for pitance in cash. BORING.

I only buy PS3 games to play online.

I consider myself to be a clean driver although I am not the quickest driver and usually end up finishing middle of the pack. I can count on both hands the amount of races I have won online. The enjoyment for me is racing against good clean drivers, I also get fed up of drivers who use me as their brakes or barriers. If I do outbrake myself or take somebody out by accident (it happens) I will wait for them to rejoin the race ahead of me where the rightly deserve to be. Also if they have me beaten on a straight or going into a bend I concide the place and never try to ram or block them.

I race on the Suzuka PP600, my favourite track.

At least you have etiquette and are a good sport. Talk the talk, walk the walk.
 
This is why I neither downloaded the game save, nor flew the GTP flag. I prefer to do things on my own.
 
I was wondering about similar things a few weeks back when we had the "Elise problem", about how people give out their tunings for cars, making it easy for the bashers to look at them and then instantly have great setups.

Its a hard thing to decide what to do with, on one hand, its good to share ideas, tunings, saves, whatever, because it may help others or help ourselves get better. However, its not good because, like you say, some use it as a "free pass" and we end up with many drivers in the pro events who perhaps should not be there and with cars they may not be able to control properly but still winning because of their superior setups.

Now, I'm not saying anyone shouldn't give out their setups or game saves, its up to people to decide that, but maybe something could be done to not make the game saves/tunings so freely available? I don't know, I think this problem is a bit beyond me to know what to do. :indiff: Sorry if I sound like I'm just bitching because I don't win a lot, this is not the case, just wondering about how GTP is going to regulate online stuff from now on.
 
I'm afraid we may have ourselves to blame. The 'saved game DL' at top of this forum page.

It's not 'our' fault. Blame Sony for not linking gamesaves to PSN ID's in the same way Microsoft did with Gamertags. Maybe they could/should implement this in the future.
 
I was half tempted to download a save, but I'm old enough and ugly enough to get what I need myself.

Maybe the thread should be removed, and save traded through PM's by and to respected members of this forum only? 👍
 
It's not 'our' fault. Blame Sony for not linking gamesaves to PSN ID's in the same way Microsoft did with Gamertags. Maybe they could/should implement this in the future.
No please... because in fact it's one of the good points of PS3: have the possibility to export your save to your friend's PS3 and then play on their houses with your things.

It's not about the system, it's all about ethic.

I don't think the setups are as compromising as the save data while talking about "filters and drivin' quality", because the save data avoids you to have the experience you should had on the circuit driving your car surrounded by others that you could gave hit and the recieve a fault. Setup just improve your car's handling so allows you to have a better time or control of it (if you suit that setup, of course, because it's all about tastes) but no more. Just my point of view 👍
 
I was half tempted to download a save, but I'm old enough and ugly enough to get what I need myself.

Maybe the thread should be removed, and save traded through PM's by and to respected members of this forum only? 👍

Count how many requests for savegames are in that thread. Each one is a thread not cluttering up the forum.


Unless you're proposing to make asking for a game save (or supplying it) an Infractable offence, I'd rather it was all in one thread and not spaffed all over the forum.
 
The problems with the online races isn't a lack of skill, it's a lack of repercussions for acting like an ass. There should be a point system where collisions/penalities cost your points in races, where clean races give you skill points. That should be the determining factor for advancement in a game like this, not how much time you have to farm credits at boring races to buy expensive cars.

I think you have too much faith in humanity if you think the only reason people drive like that in the pro races are because they aren't actually skilled and capable of driving correctly. Griefers will always want to ruin other peoples experience.
 
I know I'm new here, but I thought I'd offer the other perspective.

I play the GT games to experience driving shiny cars I can't afford on real tracks with relatively decent physics. I don't treat GT as level-up earn-cash games, I look on GT in the same way as Live For Speed- jump in a car, drive it/race it, have fun. Not grind race after race for n amount of credits.

So yes, I got the game save. And yes, I try to be a clean driver thanks to my small amount of PC sim racing experience (on LFS, users are held accountable as their names are ties to their paid licence). And it infuriates me when people don't bloody brake! ;)
 
TiJay, I am with you there.

I, like you, view GT more as a driving/race simulator and less of a driving game. If I want a driving game I'll start earning Kudos on PGR.

I could go through the motions of beating the levels but that isnt really fun to me and if I can avoid doing it, I will. I have already paid my dues on GT 1-4

I am just hoping the longer GT5:P is out, the less n00bs will be playing it and everything will get better.

There could also be the much wanted private room update which would help also.

In conclusion - "game saves don't ram people, people ram people"
 
It's not 'our' fault. Blame Sony for not linking gamesaves to PSN ID's in the same way Microsoft did with Gamertags. Maybe they could/should implement this in the future.

Now that's an excellent idea! But 'we' certainly aren't helping matters by offering DL's to everyone...
Famine, thanks for posting! I do propose we make it an 'infractable offence'. And as Magburner hinted at, remove the thread. My thanks to all who post, regardless of opinion. I respect them all. Stay classy...
 
When GT5 full hits and they forget to remove the garbage of sharing entire game saves, you better believe the replay value for myself will be cut right in half, if not more. What's the point in working hard to try and get somewhere in the game, putting out all your effort for a race to win one special car, grinding away little by little at a 24 hour endurance race for a special ride, if all someone has to do is get one person to beat it, and then everyone has it? Entire purpose has been defeated. No point in the rest of you trying to do it legit, wanting to show off the brand new car you went to Hell and back to get, I just went to GameFAQs and downloaded that, and about 400 others. Took me about 4 minutes, but most of that was just booting up the PS3 and loading the game...
 
I was half tempted to download a save, but I'm old enough and ugly enough to get what I need myself.
Yup, -with you on that one.

It's not 'our' fault. Blame Sony for not linking gamesaves to PSN ID's in the same way Microsoft did with Gamertags. Maybe they could/should implement this in the future.
Concerning savegames tied to your psn id, I'm not for this "feature", at all.
Sure I could "schlepp" my ps3 to my friends house to enjoy big-screen racing fun, but no thanks. If at all possible.

...but I'm certainly not a n00b.
Why is the use of this highly derogatory term allowed, in a forum more strictly moderated according to forum rules than most other fora?

Is this Counterstrike, should fps taunts be allowed? headshot! :crazy:
 
I was tempted to download the save but i'm just gonna earn everything myself.

I only have the Ferrari challenge to do in A Class to unlock tuning but the cars £250,000 and i have £30,000.

Online races for now.
 
Back