Save game lost, meh

  • Thread starter Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 30 comments
  • 4,104 views

NLxAROSA

King of Rockay
Premium
Messages
8,567
Netherlands
Rockay City
So I booted up the PS3 today, and it came up with the message 'XJ13 Chrome Line received'. Then I entered GT Mode, only to be welcomed with the choice of a new racing suit and everything reset to zero. Apparently, my save game was reset or lost somehow. Needless to say, I was not amused (L20 A-Spec and L21 B-Spec). ;) So, I guess it's starting all over for me. Good thing a few of my friends were kind enough to set me up with a few nice cars to start with. :)

Anyway, I'd like that savegame-backup feature now. ;)
 
So sorry for you mate! :(

It's a JOKE!
 
sorry to hear that mate. I did a backup of my hdd to upgrade to a 500gb hdd. If that happend to me, I'd have to restore that whole hdd backup.
 
That's an absolute bummer, Lars.

Not being able to share saves is silly IMO... trophies aren't THAT important FFS!
 
Sorry Lars, that totally sucks mate. :(

Same happened with me a couple of days after release, went to try the online mode and the screen hung, so I switched the PS3 off and next time I powered on there was a message saying I had just received the stealth and chrome cars again... incredibly irritating after just a couple of days, I can only imagine how annoying it must be after a few weeks of play.


So, yeah.... Give us a backup utility now, or make the game stable! Straighten up Damnit Kaz!!!
 
That's dreadful news Lars, I'm incredibly sorry you've lost all your progress :(

It's taken a monumental amount of time to get as far as we have with the game so far, and much of it has been interesting and exciting because it's been something of a voyage of discovery. I hope you can still find a decent amount of enjoyment going through much of those more tedious events a second time.

I take it this means you've lost your Barbie car as well?

All the best
Maz
 
And to think that probably today or soon the backup function is comming.
 
So I booted up the PS3 today, and it came up with the message 'XJ13 Chrome Line received'. Then I entered GT Mode, only to be welcomed with the choice of a new racing suit and everything reset to zero. Apparently, my save game was reset or lost somehow. Needless to say, I was not amused (L20 A-Spec and L21 B-Spec). ;) So, I guess it's starting all over for me. Good thing a few of my friends were kind enough to set me up with a few nice cars to start with. :)

Anyway, I'd like that savegame-backup feature now. ;)

You seem quite upbeat considering what you lost. Good attitude to have as I could imagine a few people abandoning the game or just throwing insults at the game instead.

Finally, have you checked if you have logged into the correct user on your PS3 (You probably already have but good to check again.).
 
Every cloud has a silver lining ;)

Take it back!

wmb2n8.jpg



There there my love...

All the best
Maz
 
Anyway, I'd like that savegame-backup feature now. ;)

You and me both. You have my sympathies because you've lost your data through no fault of your own, which really sucks.

I've just accidentally deleted mine, thinking I was signed in on my 'testing things' account when I was actually on the main one. Sadly I only have myself to blame.

Good luck getting back into the game!
 
That sucks :(

If that happened to me I would just remove the disk and never play it again.
 
Yep, bring on the back up save data feature already! I'm getting worried :p
 
Sorry Lars, that totally sucks mate. :(

Same happened with me a couple of days after release, went to try the online mode and the screen hung, so I switched the PS3 off and next time I powered on there was a message saying I had just received the stealth and chrome cars again... incredibly irritating after just a couple of days, I can only imagine how annoying it must be after a few weeks of play.


So, yeah.... Give us a backup utility now, or make the game stable! Straighten up Damnit Kaz!!!

:nervous: This happened to me this morning but thank god, mine didn't corrupted :nervous:
 
Last edited:
Just a heads up, if the game "hangs" disconnect the ethernet cable. Might help to get back into the game. If you are on Wifi I really don't know what to do.
 
What a bummer Lars, terrible thing to happen.
 
Isn't there a recover facility in the options somewhere?
 
I think it happened to me, too. A week after release my save data was gone and I had no idea why. I was lvl 22 already. Started a new try and now I am lvl25....if it happens again my GT5 disc flies out of the window.
 
I take it this means you've lost your Barbie car as well?
Well, for some magical reason, it didn't delete my pictures, so I can still watch her every day. :lol:

You seem quite upbeat considering what you lost. Good attitude to have as I could imagine a few people abandoning the game or just throwing insults at the game instead.
I don't see the point in getting angry. I was planning to start A/B-Spec over again on my different account anyway. Of course that plan did not include losing all my cars. ;)

What a bummer Lars, terrible thing to happen.
I'll be back. ;)

Isn't there a recover facility in the options somewhere?
Not that I'm aware off.

Anyway, thanks for the nice responses. I just hope it doesn't happen to other people too often.
 
Bad timing :/ Just as the patch introduced the option to backup the saves.
 
It's really sad to hear, Lars.

If only a day later, then all would be fine.
The new save feature should have been there from the start, but at least it is available now.

I had to save in-game first to be able to save the file on the XMB.
I don't know if that's normal, but that's the way I was able to save the file to USB.
The file would not copy until I saved in-game first.
 
my 20gig decided friday would be a great time to go YLOD, so i'm restarting now on a new ps3.

this time the license tests are easier since i'm less rusty, at least...
 
I lost my game save today..PS3 is fine..I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong..and whats worse is I have trades booked with cars I no longer have...
 
I've seen this more and more lately. Welcome to the club. I know double back up every week.
 
I didn't lose my game save, but i'm sure it's corrupted. It constantly freezes now. I'll try to load a race and all of a sudden My PS3 beeps 3 times, I get a GT logo at the bottom right screen, then my PS3 restarts itself. I tried loading my backup save and that didn't even work. The cars dont show up in the garage or UCD. The new cars in the dealership dont have rims or tires, and the exhausts are all messed up looking. I thought there was something wrong with my PS3, so I put in Mortal Kombat. That played just fine, I was A-Spec 37 and B-Spec 36. There's no way im starting over.
 
have you tried to delete and re-install the game data?
 
I lost my game save today..PS3 is fine..I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong..and whats worse is I have trades booked with cars I no longer have...

Actually, if you think about it you did. You failed to make a backup, that was the mistake. Luckily for you, it is so much easier to level up now than it was back in the beginning. 👍
 
Back