Saving mid-race

I believe it will be possible, but it will come as part of an update after the release, unless things change.

I believe it will be possible, but it will come as part of an update after the release, unless things change.
Is this "update after release" something that is done basically within a week of launch or several months?

It's aimed to be done sometime within the first month. The devs don't want to keep issuing update after update because it will cost them a lot of money.

Please can it not be the ludicrous way Gran Turismo did it where upon starting the game the player is forced to continue the previously saved race (eg a 24 hr race) or championship before they can play other parts of the game e.g. online, seasonals etc.

I believe the career mode is seperate (mechanically speaking) from the rest of the modes, so if you wanted to take part in the seasonals, or a single race, or time trials, etc., that should be fine. However, while the coding behind the mid-race save has been started, it's a long way off finished yet, and we'll have to wait and see unfortunately.

back in 1992 Geof Crammonds F1 Grand Prix allowed you to save anywhere. And you could just do something inbetween, start another race or championship. Funny that after 22 years other dev teams have difficulties implementing this. Shouldn't be that difficult really.

It shouldn't be that difficult to do anything really, if you wanted, and had the resources, to do what you wanted to. For the majority of console games, where the intention is to have relatively short pick-up-and-play sessions, the neccessity for mid-race saves just isn't there. I remember mid-race saves on consoles in 2002 in Le Mans 24 Hours (old Infogrames/Eutechnyx game). It's nothing new, just very rare.

That just is not true. If you throw in long distance races, give us the opportunity to save during the race. Otherwise it will be just another game to do short races.

Don't get me wrong, I will get the game.

I remember Studio Liverpool did pull it off with their F1 games on ps2. Studio Liverpool did not have that much resources either.

GTR and GTR2 from simbin had it also. I hope Pcars will have it also. It makes long distance races soo much better.

I wouldn't mind, I never used this even on 24 Hours Le Mans or GTR, or even RACE 07

Well , the game is there, the first patch also, but it is still not possible...
Tried to pause after 3,5 hrs, put the PS4 in rest mode.
When I wanted to continue I had to start all over again. Not funny ... :banghead:

I was looking to revive this thread yesterday , I'm hoping this is something they are looking into and I'm aware it's an Endurance race but I simply cannot sit in front of a game for 6 hrs plus let alone 24hrs , so it would be nice to be able to resume .
Leaving it in rest mode also doesn't work for me as I disconnect my wheel .
Does anyone know if this is a feature that's being added ???

Back