Scaff needs a new windscreen

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scaff
  • 46 comments
  • 1,888 views

Scaff

Moderator
Messages
30,046
United Kingdom
He/Him
Messages
ScaffUK
Had a wonderful New Years eve at my Sister's. Most of my family were there and a good time was had by all, until we got in the car to drive home (at around 1 in the morning), when I found some 'person' had attacked my front windscreen.

Had to drive home (around 4 miles) with it and upon inspecting the damage this morning I was not a happy bunny at all.

dsc03286ta1.jpg


dsc03285ab4.jpg


dsc03293wc1.jpg


Now waiting on a call from the windscreen company to let me know if they have a glass in stock to fit this afternoon, if not then it will be tomorrow. Fortunately as its a company car, getting it sorted is quite straight-forward and doesn't cost me a thing.

I just hope the person who did it used there fist, and is now suffered for it.


Scaff
 
You ought to get that seen to before it turns into a crack.

Some folk are just arseholes, aren't they?
 
One hell of a 'stone-chip' isn't it.

I just don't get the mentality of people who do this kind of thing, drunk or not, its just not needed.

Scaff
 
My first thought was "someone tried to run up and over the car", but it's not very central and there isn't any body damage, so that's a very random guess.

That does suck though, but be happier in the fact it's laminated glass and there's no clean up job.
 
That looks exactly the same as a 'bullseye' - the windscreen damage that the ambulance crew look for when dealing with someone from a car post RTA.
I wonder if some muppets have been fighting near your car and one of them ended up with his/her head bounced off your windscreen?
 
As much as this is something you really don't need even if you don't need to pay it- how do you know it was someone rather than something (like fireworks, a burnt out rocket falling down)?
 
Precisely why I decided to keep the car at home last night as I was worried about drunks. Suppose its lucky enough that its a company car. I leave my company van anywhere because if something happens to it I wont really care lol :D
 
That looks exactly the same as a 'bullseye' - the windscreen damage that the ambulance crew look for when dealing with someone from a car post RTA.
I wonder if some muppets have been fighting near your car and one of them ended up with his/her head bounced off your windscreen?
But wouldn't there be blood? Perhaps I've watched too many hospital dramas but a head wound bleeds out pretty quick after that sort of impact, no?
 
Not siding with the idiot, but if they were to vandalise your car, the least they could've done was to do a better job of it.. Who cracks a glass and leaves? Maybe someone saw this person, I have no clue.

Did you get into a conflict with someone or something?

But you are lucky they didn't finish off your windshied, as cleaning up the broken glass would've been a pain-staking work.

what car?
 
bmw 3 series.
 
That looks exactly the same as a 'bullseye' - the windscreen damage that the ambulance crew look for when dealing with someone from a car post RTA.
I wonder if some muppets have been fighting near your car and one of them ended up with his/her head bounced off your windscreen?
My thoughts exactley, it doesn't look like a stone or a brick, or anything with sharp edges or points anyway. Ofcourse a cut to the head can blled out fast, that's provided there's a cut to the head. However it's been done it's mindless. Like thoes kids that smash the glass at bus shelters just for the hell of it, what's the point.
 
But wouldn't there be blood? Perhaps I've watched too many hospital dramas but a head wound bleeds out pretty quick after that sort of impact, no?
Not necessarily - a blunt impact to the head doesn't always cause outward trauma, it's usually all inside. Once the glass actually breaks, that's what causes the messy stuff.
 
Milford - I did think exactly the same thing when I first saw the damage, but the rest of the car doesn't have a mark on it.

I ruled out a falling rocket or firework as none were around the car, it bloody annoying as we have just spent the weekend in London and the car was fine, park for a few hours in a small country village and this is what happens.

Scaff
 
AUTOGLASS REPAIR

AUTOGLASS REPLACE!

Sorry i've just got those stupid autoglass radio ads stuck in my head sorry sorry

I'm awaiting autoglasses new radio add about wankers who vandalise cars
 
Scaff, what's those marks on the sidemirror in the first picture? Scratches or just some dirt?

Luckely that it doesn't cost you anything, I've heard windscreens are pretty expensive :scared:
 
Milford - I did think exactly the same thing when I first saw the damage, but the rest of the car doesn't have a mark on it.
Well, if the thing which ended the fight was someone having their head bounced off your windscreen, then there wouldn't necessarily be any other marks on the car.
A lack of any other explanation leads me to stick with that one, probably because I like the idea that the 🤬 who caused it now has concussion ;)
 
At first I was like "Oh well atleast it isn't on the drivers side, then It would be a really big issue."


Then I realized where you lived. :lol:
 
Aint that a B!
 
At first I was like "Oh well atleast it isn't on the drivers side, then It would be a really big issue."


Then I realized where you lived. :lol:

Me too, the interior picture was loading slowly.
 
One hell of a 'stone-chip' isn't it.

I just don't get the mentality of people who do this kind of thing, drunk or not, its just not needed.

Scaff
When I rule the world, vandalism will be punishable by death. I can forgive a man for stealing; I can understand being angry/unbalanced enough to beat somebody up... but to destroy something nice just because you can shows a mean, crappy character that you will never overcome.

I must say that I'd rather have my windshield broken than have to get paintwork done... but I'm sorry that anything had to happen.
 
I thought at first... Well, at least it isn't on the drivers side so you can drive it home. :dunce:

Seriously though... it really could've been worse it could've been something OTHER than glass and a lot more expensive. Not that any vandalization is justified...
 
Looks more like someone has bounced a football off of it.
 
They don't have same-day glass service in the UK?

There are places around here that you can call that will have your window replaced, in your driveway, by the end of the afternoon...

===

Either way, mondo suxorz... Sorry to hear about it!
 
Now waiting on a call from the windscreen company to let me know if they have a glass in stock to fit this afternoon, if not then it will be tomorrow

Tough luck Scaff. Looks like there was 2 points of impact, the big one, then there's a smaller one by the frame.

Take it you heard nothing whilst you were in the house?
 
They don't have same-day glass service in the UK?

There are places around here that you can call that will have your window replaced, in your driveway, by the end of the afternoon...

===

Either way, mondo suxorz... Sorry to hear about it!
We do have same-day service in the UK, unfortunatly the company I have to use (as its a leased company car) don't have the glass in stock, so right now I have the joy of a Kia Picanto courtesy car until its done on Friday.

n1.jpg

Damn I can hardly contain the excitement.



Tough luck Scaff. Looks like there was 2 points of impact, the big one, then there's a smaller one by the frame.

Take it you heard nothing whilst you were in the house?
With a dozen kids on the Singstar all night they could have blown the car up and I doubt I would have heard it.

:)


Scaff
 
n1.jpg

Damn I can hardly contain the excitement.

Waaa-waaa...

Is that with, or without, the new bumper?

(Thats the right Kia, right?)
 
n1.jpg

Damn I can hardly contain the excitement.
Oh noes! What is Noddy going to drive while you've got his car?
 
Okay, what's the big deal with this Kia? cute little bugger.
 
Back