Scaff needs a new windscreen

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scaff
  • 46 comments
  • 1,888 views
God damn, too bad you weren't there to beat that drunk's face into the ground.
 
Gads, that sucks... and it's a pre-facelift Picanto, too...

Sounds like Christmas we had five years ago... came out of the bar at 3 am, my car was the only one left on the lot, and it had a huge dent in the driver's side door... damn drunks!

Okay, what's the big deal with this Kia? cute little bugger.

They're cute, good on gas and really cheap to maintain... it's a car you could buy your kids for College, but no way in hell would you ever buy one for yourself...

Think of the Toyota Yaris... minus the extra pep from the VVTi, the seating space, the refinement, non-discount bin plastics, and the resale value... :lol:

-----

@Duke: Personally, I favor the Singaporean treatment... maybe the death penalty after the second violation will do.
 
When I rule the world, vandalism will be punishable by death. I can forgive a man for stealing; I can understand being angry/unbalanced enough to beat somebody up... but to destroy something nice just because you can shows a mean, crappy character that you will never overcome.

Reminds me of a scene in Pulp Fiction. :lol:
 
My car is getting repaired by my insurance after a lady rear ended me and if my courtesy car is a kia or KA I shant be driving it.
 
Oh noes! What is Noddy going to drive while you've got his car?


Where does this name sound familiar from? A little kid with a yellow car?
 
Where does this name sound familiar from? A little kid with a yellow car?
FronPage_NODDYCar.gif

Pimpin!


But yeah, that Kia is a kick in the teeth.
 
My car is getting repaired by my insurance after a lady rear ended me and if my courtesy car is a kia or KA I shant be driving it.

Why?

All joking aside as a form of A to B transport the Picanto is actual a perfectly fine car, it drive well enough and it certainly a better option than walking or the bus.

As far as the Ford Ka goes, well that you dismiss at your own risk. Its one of the finest small cars ever made, a car everyone should drive at least once and a fine drivers car at that (particularly those with the 1.3 Kent engine derivative).


Scaff
 
My car is getting repaired by my insurance after a lady rear ended me and if my courtesy car is a kia or KA I shant be driving it.
Its quite a come down to go to one of them when you're used to a Seat, isn't it? :rolleyes:

My last courtesy car was a Skoda Felicia diesel. It was great fun.
 
Why?

All joking aside as a form of A to B transport the Picanto is actual a perfectly fine car, it drive well enough and it certainly a better option than walking or the bus.

As far as the Ford Ka goes, well that you dismiss at your own risk. Its one of the finest small cars ever made, a car everyone should drive at least once and a fine drivers car at that (particularly those with the 1.3 Kent engine derivative).


Scaff

Actually I would drive the KA purely for the reasons you have given.

Anyway this is what I got stuck with.

kalos_beschreib.jpg


Its a right crappy car. Soggy spongy clutch and soggy brakes. So so handling with numb weighted steering. Mirrors are of the magnifying type making everything seem closer than they really are which is annoying. The engine is gutless and sounds crap and for some reason rear visibility is not all that good for a car that must surely have been designed for grannies. Overall a crap car, and it was the upgrade option from the KA. :indiff:

For the good points its stereo is not too shabby for such a cheap car.

I wonder if scaffs kia is better or worse.

Its quite a come down to go to one of them when you're used to a Seat, isn't it?

The problem is that people might think its my car :crazy:
 
Gaaah. Sorry to see this, man. That's effin terrible. x100 what Duke said. :shakes head:


M
 
Actually I would drive the KA purely for the reasons you have given.

Anyway this is what I got stuck with.

kalos_beschreib.jpg


Its a right crappy car. Soggy spongy clutch and soggy brakes. So so handling with numb weighted steering. Mirrors are of the magnifying type making everything seem closer than they really are which is annoying. The engine is gutless and sounds crap and for some reason rear visibility is not all that good for a car that must surely have been designed for grannies. Overall a crap car, and it was the upgrade option from the KA. :indiff:

For the good points its stereo is not too shabby for such a cheap car.

I wonder if scaffs kia is better or worse.



The problem is that people might think its my car :crazy:

Having driven both, I'd say the Kia is a much better car... less power, but it's a lot less inert around a corner.

And it actually looks and feels like a new car (okay, cheap, but new)... the Aveo is straight out of the 80's Korean discount bin... you should have gotten the KA... :lol:
 
Update on the kalos. Go over those black and yellow speed bumps and it will knock the car out of gear. Oh and under hard acceleration or hitting a harsh pothole the rear view mirror will fall off.
 
Pleased to say that I now have the 320 back with a nice new screen.


Scaff
 
Pleased to say that I now have the 320 back with a nice new screen.


Scaff

Lucky guy. My car isnt going in to the accident center till monday.

I have noticed the kalos is really petrol thirsty for some reason even though Im really babying the car.
 
Update on the kalos. Go over those black and yellow speed bumps and it will knock the car out of gear. Oh and under hard acceleration or hitting a harsh pothole the rear view mirror will fall off.

Nice!

With regard to your previous post, my own attitude is that I'll drive anything. Seriously. I love seeing what different cars are like, and I like being able to speak authoritatively about them. See, now you can say "The Kalos is s*** because (yada yada)", rather than "The Kalos is s*** because it's made in Korea and Jeremy Clarkson says they eat dogs therefore all their cars are s***".
 
It's thirsty because it's a terrible engine, mated to a terrible ECU. Lots of owners complaining of broken (yes, broken.. to the point of needing overhauls) engines due to poor ECU programming, both on the Kalos/Aveo and the Optra.

Yeah... it blows... :lol: ... literally.

----

Oh, On-Topic... wow, that was quick!
 
Back