Scared to spend my money - help!

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I only race online (Gt Sport) and have amassed about 6mil credits through the driving school (which I know is offline but I only did it to get money to improve my online experience :P)

I want to spend my money making my online life better. Cars wise I guess I can only buy Gr 3 or Gr 4 cars because vert rarely are other classes raced in Sport mode?

But if I spend all my money on these cars and PD decide to include other classes in Sport mode in future, I'll be gutted.

Is there anyonle else who races purely online? If so what do you spend your cash on? Need some direction here cheers :)

Hi Guys

I only race online (Gt Sport) and have amassed about 6mil credits through the driving school (which I know is offline but I only did it to get money to improve my online experience :P)

I want to spend my money making my online life better. Cars wise I guess I can only buy Gr 3 or Gr 4 cars because vert rarely are other classes raced in Sport mode?

But if I spend all my money on these cars and PD decide to include other classes in Sport mode in future, I'll be gutted.

Is there anyonle else who races purely online? If so what do you spend your cash on? Need some direction here cheers :)
I have a pretty large collection of GR3/4 cars, and 3 million credits.
I find I generate credits faster than I want to spend them.

If you're looking for a good does everything GR3 car - buy the Porsche GR.3 - it's very good, very stable and very fast.
It's gone through 2 BOP adjustments now and is still very good - it might not be the BEST at every track, but there is always at least 1 of them in the top 10 times, and it's competitive on every track I can think of.

GR.4 is a little trickier as the cars can be very different from track to track.

The Mazda Atenza is a great GR.4 to start with and being 4WD is very forgiving to drive, but at the same time, being 4WD - you have to nail your corners perfectly to maximize exit speed to really be competitive with the faster RWD cars.
The BMW M6 seems to be popular right now, and personally I like driving it.
The Toyota 86 is my current favorite car to drive right now, but it's not a great car to learn with.

GR.3 is fairly well balanced, so the difference between cars is not as drastic as GR.4

If you want a good collection of GR.4 cars so that you always have one that is above average on every track I would choose the following:
Megane (or the Audi TT), BMW M6(Ford Mustang is an alternative) and Mazda Atenza(Lambo is also 4WD). That gives you 3 cars with 3 different drive trains that are all relatively forgiving to drive.

If you don't care what car you drive, then those salesman cars, the M4 and M6 are generally good performers.

Just buy what you fancy, money comes quick if you don't quit races. I've only bought cars to try in VR.

You can sign up with manufacturer and get a gr3 gr4 loan car, so you can try before you buy.

Hi Guys

I know you said you're an online racer but just spend some time doing the Circuit Experience section and you'll end up with loads of cash and heaps of free cars. Check this article: https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sports-circuit-experience-quick-way-early-easy-money/

Yeah, I'm racing also online at most, but i have bought only 4 cars so far.

And i was forced to do so, as i did not have the appropriate car (class) on some GT sport circuits to participate with.

Anyway, you could just take your chances and hope for the best on the everyday random gift cars!

So, if we exclude the 8 redeemed cars and the 4 that i bought myself, any other car in my possession is a daily gift
car.

I own ~70 cars so far. ;)

I know you said you're an online racer but just spend some time doing the Circuit Experience section and you'll end up with loads of cash and heaps of free cars. Check this article: https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sports-circuit-experience-quick-way-early-easy-money/

Yes thanks buddy, I should have said I did the circuit experience too...it's where I got most of my money....but now don't know how to spend it :)

I have a pretty large collection of GR3/4 cars, and 3 million credits.
I find I generate credits faster than I want to spend them.

If you're looking for a good does everything GR3 car - buy the Porsche GR.3 - it's very good, very stable and very fast.
It's gone through 2 BOP adjustments now and is still very good - it might not be the BEST at every track, but there is always at least 1 of them in the top 10 times, and it's competitive on every track I can think of.

GR.4 is a little trickier as the cars can be very different from track to track.

The Mazda Atenza is a great GR.4 to start with and being 4WD is very forgiving to drive, but at the same time, being 4WD - you have to nail your corners perfectly to maximize exit speed to really be competitive with the faster RWD cars.
The BMW M6 seems to be popular right now, and personally I like driving it.
The Toyota 86 is my current favorite car to drive right now, but it's not a great car to learn with.

GR.3 is fairly well balanced, so the difference between cars is not as drastic as GR.4

If you want a good collection of GR.4 cars so that you always have one that is above average on every track I would choose the following:
Megane (or the Audi TT), BMW M6(Ford Mustang is an alternative) and Mazda Atenza(Lambo is also 4WD). That gives you 3 cars with 3 different drive trains that are all relatively forgiving to drive.

Thanks man, that's really handy. Appreciate all the info. I'll be sure to try some of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rubber band northern isle while youre at work and asleep, easy way to get a couple million credits.

Imo, just buy any Gr.3 car you like the look of (not the Lambo, it's crap) and stick with it, use nothing else, time trial, host lobbies, get better at pack racing, then do some sport mode in it when you're feeling comfortable.

gt3 and gt4 first then N500.600 & 800 later.
(Was more worried about spending the mileage than money :lol:)

My approach - I only buy a car if I really want it - like the Cobra, and 3 Corvettes (red, white, and blue), and the Sambabus. While I am not scared to spend money (got about 14 million now), what I do hate is just buying a car and then getting the same car as a gift! If I get a gift car that is the same as a car I bought, I usually just sell the car I bought. What I really hate is getting duplicate gift cars - like 4 Peugeot GR.whatever as gifts! I have ~140 cars, I bought about 40 of them, and sold about 15 of those as duplicates were gifted. I'd really like an option to sell gifted cars.

I'm forever paranoid that I'm going to win all the cars I buy on the daily awards.

I've only bought 5 of the 81 cars I own. It's only in the past two days that I've spent any decent amount of money after buying the pair of the Audi LMP 1 cars to do the Group 1 Endurance race. I've still got 8 millions credits now so I shouldn't really be put off from buying anything now I guess.

I'm forever paranoid that I'm going to win all the cars I buy on the daily awards.
Well, personally I've never won anything that I really want, except for 2 LaFerraris :D
In all seriousness, the daily workout is not always the best way to get all the cars either, i have too much copies of the same cars :P

I think the game has an RNG (Random Number Generator or more like random car generator :lol:) for those daily car awards. No matter how much you play there are certain cars you're never going to be gifted. I've figured out a little bit of the RNG so far.
For example, lets say you go straight to Sport mode into a GR3 race. When you exit sport mode your daily reward will likely be a GR3 or GR4 car. If exit Sport mode after a GR4 race your daily reward will be GR4 or less. You will never win a GR3 car daily from doing a GR4 race. That's about all I've figured out so far

Last edited:
I think the game has an RNG (Random Number Generator or more like random car generator :lol:) for those daily car awards. No matter how much you play there are certain cars you're never going to be gifted. I've figured out a little bit of the RNG so far.
For example, lets say you go straight to Sport mode into a GR3 race. When you exit sport mode your daily reward will likely be a GR3 or GR4 car. If exit Sport mode after a GR4 race your daily reward will be GR4 or less. You will never win a GR3 car daily from doing a GR4 race. That's about all I've figured out so far

Well thanks for that. I'm going to try it out in the morning. I have too many duplicates of the everyday cars.

Back