Scathing Gran Turismo Review

• Thread starter Earth
  • 28 comments
That guy makes terrible reviews. IIRC he gave Twisted Metal 3 (one of the worst games of all time) a fairly decent score. GT1's a great game. He just sucks at it (as evidenced by him constantly going into the dirt and grass traps)

WTF is that guys problem? Gran Turismo started a world obsession with the best driving simulator and has sold over 50 million copies (beat that Forza) and practically connected the worlds auto industries by the fact that Americans and Europeans now know what Skylines and GTO's and Japan knew about Camaros TVR's and Vipers. This guy has no clue what hes saying.

My grades
Control:B
Difficulty:A
Design:C+
Thats how I feel

Last edited:
Is it really necessary to create a new thread for each negative review someone finds? Let sleeping dogs lie, I say.

I dont think hes being serius somehow, at least i hope hes not. Dont think anyone can call GT a 'flop' :sly:

He's serious, and a whack job. Look at how he 'drives', maybe try turning only as much as you need to for a turn instead of 100 turn for EVERY corner? He is just used to other racing games that are of the same era; ardace-style. His 'review' is pointless.

Jerome

Now come on, yes he bites at steering though he DOES have a point about the race length.:indiff: After all, the longest race in this game is the Grand Valley 300KM and even then, it's only 60 laps. That's why I liked Gran Turismos 2 and 3 better; they had longer races AND it's shown that with every newer Gran Turismo that comes out the game somehow gets more technical. (Both in a good and a bad way) Bright side though, at least his review was entertaining. After all, you ever hear of a youtube user called "darksydephil"? People called him a scrub for the way he CONSTANTLY complains. And yet, he is so freaking funny in a weird kind of way!👍 Plus don't forget; everyone won't have the same opinion on GT1 as you guys. Me, I like it for the fast paced racing that sometimes keeps me on my toes.

Longer races are good, but wait until you get to the 24h enduros in GT4/5 :crazy: No mid-race save + power cut = :banghead: x100

Longer races are good, but wait until you get to the 24h enduros in GT4/5 :crazy: No mid-race save + power cut = :banghead: x100

O_O'

did, you say..... TWENTY FOUR HOURS?! How is an enduro even THAT long? And for that matter, what are the laps you have to crank out?

Yup, they're mirroring the real Le Mans and Nurburgring 24 hours, except without the driver changes. Great idea, stupid execution. Like most of the rest of the game.

The laps vary depending on the track. There's a 9 hour enduro on a short track (Tsukuba), and if you use the fastest car you can get close to 1000 laps. On the 24 hour races, because the tracks are longer, you typically get up to ~200 laps.

Well hey now, he may have did a bad review for Gran Turismo but his Super Star Wars series reviews were GREAT.

Nah, that's what I consider it as BS. :yuck:

Well, to each his own. You think one thing about this reviewer, and I feel another way. We all have our opinions, and that's what makes us human. Besides, he was doing a REVIEW; not a LP or playthrough video. If that was the case, then we might would see a much better performance.

If I wanted to watch someone talk BS, I'd watch Sarah Palin. This guy is a total troll.

Well, to each his own. You think one thing about this reviewer, and I feel another way. We all have our opinions, and that's what makes us human. Besides, he was doing a REVIEW; not a LP or playthrough video. If that was the case, then we might would see a much better performance.

Funny thing, I just happened to read this today and I actually disagree with what I just said here. Apparently sometimes even good LP'ers can have a terrible flop. Case in point: chuggaaconroy when he did super mario sunshine. He even clearly states that sometimes he would suffer the dreaded "Let's Play" curse.:crazy:Namely, when recording he could screw up badly on stuff he probably practices a few times beforehand.:scared:

Calling the best selling PSX game (11million+) a flop.

Picks out one percieved bad aspect of the game and concludes it sucks. Has to be troll.

Just gave him a piece of my mind. Sorry, but I can't stand such rampant idiocy. Honestly, someone that isn't able to lap HSR can't be taken seriously.

What's worse is that, apparently, it's not a troll. It's a channel about gaming with 8k subscribers...and a writer that knows N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

"If you're going 60 MpH you should not skid into the next lane on a slight turn. How on earth is that realistic? No one can argue that point!" Ohh...my faith in humanity :grumpy:.

Uhm ... really? I mean, I can't understand any of his points, and in my opinion he has done one of the worst reviews ever. I mean, it looked to me like a parody! But well, you can never agree with everybody.
But I mean, you can't review a game like GT1 in 1.30min! Well, you can't even review any game in that short time! And judging by the video, he drives worse than me when I was 3. And this isn't an overstatement. ;)
I mean, if you review a game, you should at least know how to play it. And you also should play it for quite a long time - at least a few days. And I think he has played the game for 30 minutes, and not longer. I just can't take that serious, it's just too ridiculous.

he has done one of the worst reviews ever.
But I mean, you can't review a game like GT1 in 1.30min!
I mean, if you review a game, you should at least know how to play it. And you also should play it for quite a long time - at least a few days. And I think he has played the game for 30 minutes, and not longer.

Maybe this guy had not enough time and patience to study the second CD with reference guide and instruction booklet :D

navgtr video on youtube: all views 7006; likes 7; unlikes 107

Hmmm... who remembers the troll reviewer Gligar13Vids? Most of games that he reviews is as scatching as this one. I once challenged him to review this game. 💡

Back