Scathing review of RSeat products and service

Just hope it has some positive effect. Having some insight on new companies, they may be experiencing growing pains--which we, as customers, have to suffer though. Obviously, their weakest link is shipping and customer support. I've heard so many conflicting things about their product quality from different forums. But the professional reviewers seem wowed by the engineering of their chassis...

Just hope it has some positive effect. Having some insight on new companies, they may be experiencing growing pains--which we, as customers, have to suffer though. Obviously, their weakest link is shipping and customer support. I've heard so many conflicting things about their product quality from different forums. But the professional reviewers seem wowed by the engineering of their chassis...
The professional reviewers have their products QA tested again by the manufacturer before receiving it. Especially the well-known ones with a lot of followers.

I ordered an rseat rs1 a few months back. It came packaged fairly well. Though it did have a few chips in the powdercoat. As well as a cracked plastic cap. Tge damage was minor. But they offered no compensation for the chipped finish. They promised a new cap would be sent out. After numerous emails and chat sessions on the USA website i gave up.

Overall I am happy with the purchase though I believe that the product is a little overpriced, but i was willing to pay as Ipreferred the look of the rig.

This rig should be in the $650-850 price point shipped and should include all of the add ons

Status: Checking my UPS tracking info, the chassis IS being shipped from Bulgaria (gulp). Mahail has offered to hold up my T3L stand until he can provide me with more dimensions and photos showing that their chassis and stand integrate well. Such that, the front monitor can be pushed close to the back of the wheel base. Which is an important part in getting the monitors in the correct position to provide visual emergence, which is critical in the implementation of a true simulator.

Regardless, if the chassis is delivered damaged (I'm going to inspect it carefully before the delivering UPS driver leaves), I'll refuse delivery. It's hard for me to imagine that rSeat hasn't done the math and realize that the cost in time and materials needed to prevent such damage in-transit, is much less than the support costs that come after the fact. Not to mention the amount of goodwill and trust lost by current and potential customers. It seems--from all the negative stories about of damage and poor packaging I've seen, as well as unanswered emails--that rSeat has chosen not to spend their money on developing distribution channels (third-parties that warehouse and ship their product within each country), and/or proper packing.

** Received a photo from Mihail, showing the Formula RS V2 combined with the T3L V2 stand.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Cheers guys. Paypal can't help because I didn't lodge a claim until after the 3 month period was up.

I contacted ACCC but they can't help because they aren't an Australian registered company. Their website is quite deceptive in that regard.

The purchase was about $2300 which resulted in a tax bill of about $600

Webbo, I had the same issues whilst ordering my rs formula from rseat. They quoted the cost (aud$1599 incl. shipping) as €1599 excl shipping on the invoice, which is 1.5 times the cost. The shipping company was charged 600 aud to release the item, so I pointed out to them that the website says 1599 inc shipping and my customs fee went down to 230 or so. Much more palatable!!

Ps. My rseat came severely damaged and Mikhail Gardevski was completely useless regarding repairs. The blamed the damage on the shipping company - I now believe they do it on purpose to claim money off insurance, since the items are insured for sale price and not at cost.

I eventually repaired the rs formula using a fibreglass kit from bunnings and repaired the affected areas. Note that the holes in the metal arms and the fibreglass boards were also incorrectly spaced. I would avoid this company in the future - get yourself a human racing seat or something with proper quality control.

Finally, last complaint: the two halves of the rs formula are held together by a very flimsy metal mount. I had to reinforce mine to stop it from snapping when the seat was moved.

Update,

After informing Mihail of my bad reviews and strong support in the sim-racing community, also aided by tonosity's generous support, Mihail has finally come to the party. I have been given a $300 compensation instead of the Buttkicker, and I have a tracking number for the missing front feet. Too little too late as far as I'm concerned, but at least he put it right. Thanks guys.

Hi Parnassus,

My $600 charge was for import tax due to being over $1000. There was no issue with shipping cost. Is this different to what you encountered?

That's great! My order for the chassis and the stand are due this week. Hope I have reassuring news for people considering rSeat after delivery.

And many thanks to Mihail for following up on your case!

I wish he had sent me my replacement cap and gotten some compensation for the damaged powdercoat.

Its amazing what a little customer service will do.

Now is the time mate. He seems to be in the mood to improve their customer service reputation. Yourself and anyone else reading this, pm me your real name and issue and I will forward your case. He's paying attention to this negative attention.

Now is the time mate. He seems to be in the mood to improve their customer service reputation. Yourself and anyone else reading this, pm me your real name and issue and I will forward your case. He's paying attention to this negative attention.

Hi Webbo, the AUD$600 charge was the customs charge for my item being over AUD$1000. However, the invoice shipped along with the wheel was incorrect and stated that the item was €1599 (euros) and an additional shipping charge on top. You should double check your receipt carefully - you should have paid a lot less. I got mine amended through the courier service (UPS) by showing them my PayPal invoice, and eventually got it down to $230.

I have been fighting with them for 11 months to get a new red body shell for my rSeat F1, they are pathetic. They say they are shipping the replacement and nothing.

I have sent around 30 emails. If you post on there Facebook page they immediately delete the post.

They are worthless.

Do you want to get in on this too man?

I'd like to suggest that we be careful not to jump on Mahail all at the same time. That could turn things sour quickly.

Form my correspondence with Mahail, and ancillary info., he's recently replaced the original U.S. distributor, sometime in the last year or two. He seems sincere in maintaining product quality and improving customer service. Webbo is currently our best example of the fact that he's actually taking action.

So, we now have reason to hope that everyone's customer-support issues may be addressed. But in order not to disrupt this positive development, we should make every effort not to kill (or cause pain to) the goose that laid the golden egg.

From the sound of it, Webbo is taking names and contact info from disgruntled customers via private messages, and then gently queueing them up for Mahail. That, to me, sounds like a great way of going about it. Thanks Webbo!

Well, me too. But I'm just talking about rSeat issues here. :cheers:

So...I received my F1 V2 chassis today. You can go to: http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tonosity/library/ to view the photos I took of the delivery, unboxing, and most of the assembly.

First, I'm happy. There were only a few edges on the painted frame that had been chipped. One tang on the seat base was bent. A rubber hammer easily put it straight. All the parts, so far, seem to have been included. Not a scratch on the fiberglass fuselage.

The monitor stand comes tomorrow... I hope it comes through as well as the chassis!

Last edited:
The packaging there looks far better than what I received. They've obviously improved in that regard. Not perfect as you still had a couple of chips, but a big improvement.

As an aside: I'm not an expert on this, but where there are chips in the paint on those edges, I can flake off more along the edge with my finger nail. My guess is that it's not a powder-coat finish. Or it was applied without sufficent prep. To the edges, at least.

However, a powder-coated finish is only stated in their brochures, where it lists the specs. of the accessories:
  • "Comes in black matte or white matte powder coat paint."
So, while a powder coat (heat activated and cured) or a catalyzed finish (like DuraCoat) would be expected, I'm not sure that's what they're using--given Webbo's chipping and what I've seen on mine.

Another note, and thanks to rSeat: Most of the bolts of the assembly are chromed, hex socket type. Very nice!

I've scanned and attached the all the assembly instructions that come with the chassis.

Attachments

• rSeat_F1_V2_assembly.pdf
    742.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Well, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT!

--McConaughey

The monitor stand arrived in great shape. If anyone's interested, photos: http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tonosity/library/Photobucket Desktop - Darryls MacBook Pro/rSeat Monitor Stand

My thanks to Mahail and Webbo for helping me through these purchase and delivery processes. And to rSeat for their design and engineering prowess.

If anyone one from shipping and receiving at rSeat is reading this, I have a suggestion. (Well, I've got a few. But I'll keep it to one.) Please ship the chassis in two (2) heavy-duty boxes. I believe that will cut your customer-service issues with delivery damage in half--at least.

Attachments

• rSeat_T3L_V2_assembly.pdf
    485.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Anybody currently in contact with Mihail, would you be kind enough to inquire as to purchasing a pedal plate assembly for me? I want to be able to hot swap different pedals.

Thanks.

Back