SCER

• Thread starter SCER
  • 30 comments
Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano HGTE

(Ferrari 599 '06)

613bhp, 1580kgs, 545pp, WD 47:53

I took this car to the Super - Ascari Race Resort 10-Lap Challenge - 650PP Limit - SS >
First attempt with SS failed, on fifth lap the rear was at 1/1 and uncontrollable. Decided to try it again with SH and to drive a tad bit less aggressive :lol:.

Lap 1
2:25.945
Position: 13 -16.441

Getting use to the car, you can feel the grip when turning but it has a lot of body push while turning, you need to find the right in/out of curve line with it, can’t cheat by taking it late or you’ll pay going out, braking is very controllable.

Tire Wear:
Front: 10/10
Rear: 10/10
Might try to go 6 laps with these if they hold and finish with SS for the end, if fuel is not a problem.

Lap 2
2:23.493
Position: 10 -17.936

A little too much body movement over bumps.

Tire Wear:
Front: 9/9
Rear: 9/9

Lap 3
2:24.274
Position: 5 -13.776

The car pulls to the interior when accelerating out of curves, could use more braking power to take over cars in sharp curves.

Tire Wear:
Front: 8/9
Rear: 7/8

Lap 4
2:25.640
Position: 5 -8.583

Bugatti pulled in the pit stop, the car is losing traction rapidly,

Tire Wear:
Front: 8/9
Rear: 6/6

Lap 5
2:29.502
Position: 2 -6.266

Ferrari 599 pulled in the pit stop, now needing good throttle control to keep it on it’s line, will pit at the end of this lap, maybe.

Tire Wear:
Front: 7/7
Rear: 5/5

Lap 6
2:35.037
Position: 5 -???

Extreme throttle control.
Almost out of fuel, maybe a liter left.

Tire Wear:
Rear: 4/4
Refuel:71L, Changed to SS tires.

Lap 7
2:43.185
Position: 3 -1.148

Being careful not to over push the car out of curves to reduce tire wear.

Tire Wear:
Front:10/9
Rear: 9/9

Lap 8
2:19.772
Position:1 +0.943

Tire Wear:
Front: 8/8
Rear: 8/8

Lap 9
2:20.663
Position: 1 +7.091

Tire Wear:
Rear: 6/6

Lap 10
2:22.942
Position: +13.410 (MP4)

Tire Wear:
Front: 6/6
Rear: 4/4

Review:

Since the objective was to make it better than the original while not going to extreme settings, mission accomplished 👍. If you drive this car as you would a IRL car it handles beautifully with just enough added grip to keep you on track but not enough to make you think you’re on a rail.. If your going for a Time Trial you won’t get in the top 100 unless your the one who created the aliens :nervous:.

On a test drive on Trial Mountain I found it had trouble managing the various bumps, you could feel the added front grip but you would lose it easily if you didn’t take each bump properly. I think this cars is more suited for flatter surfaces like Silverstone.

You seem to want to take this in the Replica world, which is great by the way, but it may be helpful if you could supply a little more info about the modifications you made, example: 17% stiffer front, - What did they use to attain this? What brand and model of coilovers/springs/shocks did they use? I think you understand where I’m going here, I find this type of information useful, of course there are times when we just can’t get all the details we want and I understand that. I think you could play a little more with the dampers & ARB, I doubt sincerely that they would be set at 1 on an upgraded version kit. My greatest source for info for replicas apart from googling is @Ridox2JZGTE, don’t be shy to PM him or ask questions on his thread, he’s a flippin’ encyclopedia on this matter and has been an extremely valuable resource for me and hundreds of others.

Excellent car 👍, always fun to drive like if it was a “Driving Simulator”.:cheers:

Last edited:
Back