Screenshots?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ImprezaWRX3
  • 49 comments
  • 1,533 views
Messages
5
hey i've been wondering for a while if its possible to take screenshots off of my PS2, if theres any way to hook it to the computer an such? i've been seeing screenshots all over this message board, and i've been wanting to take some of my own, what would i need to do this? thanks for reading
 
Web cam, digital camera, stuff like that. Or if you have the right program you can connect you TV to your Comp and take a screenshot from there...
 
hmm, i like the sound of the "hooking the tv up to my computer with a program", what do you think i would need for that? a diff. kindof output our something?
 
I think the best is to get a graphic card with video in. So you can get nice quality screenshots like the one I have attached. But more important you can get videos of your driving.
 

Attachments

  • pace6.jpg
    pace6.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 235
i only have vid out =(....stupid Geforce 2 MX
 
You can also purchase a video capture card . They usually give the best quality I think . Those Snazzi ones are real good .
 
Originally posted by vrmx
I think the best is to get a graphic card with video in. So you can get nice quality screenshots like the one I have attached. But more important you can get videos of your driving.

Oi mate did you capture that?

If so what did you use to capture it?

Well I have a Hauppage TV card (with capture facility) so I can record my GT videos. But you can also get graphics cards that have TV inputs.

These are the best ways to capture stuff from the PS2 without using professional TV equipment.
 
hey, thanks for all your help guys. where would be the place to get a TV-input video card? and what types are there.. i had no clue about them before now.. also whats the cheapest cost, i have a 32megger in my comp, so all i'd really need the card for would be for taking screenshots and etc..
 
Originally posted by Race Idiot
Oi mate did you capture that?

If so what did you use to capture it?
Yea I did capture it.

I used Ati Radeon 64 DDR VIVO to capture that pic.
I'm thinking of getting a 100€ tv-card now just for my PS2 use to capture pictures and videos. :D

Here's one video captured with that Radeon. Link...
 
hey can someone tell more on that Police Skyline cuz i dot get the point :confused:
 
Originally posted by Sparxxx
hey can someone tell more on that Police Skyline cuz i dot get the point :confused:
In GT Concept licenses you can have that car driving in front of you as a pace car. If you pass it it will pass you very quickly so that it stays in front of you.

If someone has extra info please do say it. :)

Couple more pictures
 
Originally posted by vrmx
Yea I did capture it.

I used Ati Radeon 64 DDR VIVO to capture that pic.
I'm thinking of getting a 100€ tv-card now just for my PS2 use to capture pictures and videos. :D

Here's one video captured with that Radeon. Link...

That's quite a nice capture you got there, I have a crappy graphics card. Anyway if your graphics card has a TV in you don't really need a TV card. The quality is more than likely going to be the same or even worse.
 
Originally posted by Race Idiot
That's quite a nice capture you got there, I have a crappy graphics card. Anyway if your graphics card has a TV in you don't really need a TV card. The quality is more than likely going to be the same or even worse.

Well the thing is that I had to get a faster card to play PC games so I sold that Radeon to my friend and was using now his card to capture things.
So that's why I'm going to get a tv-card or maybe new AIW Radeon to keep the quality high.
 
If anyone would like an avatar of a specific car in GT3, PM me with the details and I'll get it done as quick as I can.
 
hey that pic is small but i find it nice !!!
 
It's from GT3, shows how good the graphics are!
 
Originally posted by Sludge Slide
An example:

Thats great!

Fancy helping me make an alternate GT3/GTC avatar set, the GTP ones look kinda dated and don't really fit in with the new version of GTP.
 
I would do them from my GTC screenshots in my link, but I deleted all the pictures from my computer.

Ahh I might do some today.
 
Originally posted by Race Idiot
Thats great!

Fancy helping me make an alternate GT3/GTC avatar set, the GTP ones look kinda dated and don't really fit in with the new version of GTP.

Yeah, sure. Only takes a few seconds to make an avatar. Bit busy at the moment but I should be able to sit down and do a few this weekend.
 
Here is a simple one of the Zonda in GTC.
 
GT-40 Concept lighting up the tyres.
 
Hey look I made an artistic GTConcept!
 
Back