Scuderia Toro Rosso Boss Calls For eSports Inclusion in F1 Race Weekends

Well I'd participate....
If I were young lol

Glad to hear F1 may do something that's actually cool under the new management.

I might be in the minority here, but I race in racing simulators because I'm not fortunate enough to do the real deal... Watching races in real life is fun and exciting because it's real life! Watching people race in a simulator on the other hand, it's dull and boring because it's not real life... I really don't understand the appeal, participating would be fun, but not watching it though...

I think the FIA should team up with a racing simulator like iRacing or similar and offer a streaming service which lets you drive in game against the real F1 drivers as they race for real. (I mentioned iRacing because it lets you spectate races and drive a ghost car with them without interruption)

I might be in the minority here, but I race in racing simulators because I'm not fortunate enough to do the real deal... Watching races in real life is fun and exciting because it's real life! Watching people race in a simulator on the other hand, it's dull and boring because it's not real life... I really don't understand the appeal, participating would be fun, but not watching it though...

I don't understand the difference between watching real cars run around a track and watching near real life counter parts running around a near real life track. I mean looking at many of the newer games on a modern tv at 1080 or 4k who would be the wiser? It's not like you're watching a person sitting in a rig play, you'd be watching game-play which is about the same as watching a race.

Back