Seagate Expands Xbox Series Console Storage With New 512GB & 2TB SSDs

Will definitely aim for the 2TB. Six weeks in and I'm down to my last Horizon 5 shaped capacity.

I'm actually planning to initially aim for the 512GB. My One X had enough space so I should be able to ride that out for a bit. Then when the 2tb drops in price, hopefully significantly, I'll pick that one up.

I'm actually planning to initially aim for the 512GB. My One X had enough space so I should be able to ride that out for a bit. Then when the 2tb drops in price, hopefully significantly, I'll pick that one up.
Unfortunately, that's unlikely to happen until third-party offerings hit the floor. Cheaper competitors will drive the prices down on the official stuff, etc, etc.

Unfortunately, that's unlikely to happen until third-party offerings hit the floor. Cheaper competitors will drive the prices down on the official stuff, etc, etc.
Ya that’s what I was figuring, and I think I can ride out ~1tb until that happens.

I highly recommend an external SSD drive to store any Xbox One games you have on your console.

They will still load super quick but won't take up space on your primary SSD needed for Series X/S games.

I will say, these SSDs are pretty awesome and they are really easy to pop-in and out.

I currently have a 1 TB Seagate SSD for Series X, a 2 TB Samsung T7 SSD, and of course the 1 TB of internal SSD space.

Last edited:
Definitely not! I've been making plenty of those decisions over the past month. When I bought the SS end of September, apparently I needed a brand new gaming monitor too for some reason.
I know your pain, I bought a LG CX OLED 55" as a gaming monitor....

Definitely not! I've been making plenty of those decisions over the past month. When I bought the SS end of September, apparently I needed a brand new gaming monitor too for some reason.
Makes perfect sense to me. How else are you supposed to make the most out of that brand new purchase? :lol:

It's like buying a PS5 and not having a 4K TV to go alongside it. Sound oddly specific? That's because it's what I did. It helps that it was last year when there was really nowhere to go and nothing to do in the first place.

Makes perfect sense to me. How else are you supposed to make the most out of that brand new purchase? :lol:

It's like buying a PS5 and not having a 4K TV to go alongside it. Sound oddly specific? That's because it's what I did. It helps that it was last year when there was really nowhere to go and nothing to do in the first place.
I currently have a 4k TV that runs just fine. When ever it is I purchase a PS5 is another story, however. I have a feeling it might just need to be replaced for some unknown reasons. 🤔

In all seriousness, I am going to want to upgrade the TV in my living room in the foreseeable future. I'm currently running 4k/60hz with HDR, and want to at least up to 4k/120hz w/ HDR. Will most likely stay around 55" as that has seem good enough in my living room.

Back