Searching through attachments...

• Thread starter Jpec07
  • 6 comments
Forgotten Wing
One time I posted something in the "How Many Posts Can We Get" thread, and later on I wanted to use that very same pic in another thread. I tried to attach it, but the error message that said you can't attach something twice showed up. I got all mad, because it would be impossible to sort through all the pages of that thread just to find one attachment. So, what I was thinking, is that since there's already some kind of list thing going for the attachments, maybe there could be a search to go through 'em all, just so you don't have to go lookin through the whole 5000 page thread.

Yeah, this would be handy. I'll work on it tonight and see what I can do...

In the meantime, try this: Go to search. In the "Search By Keyword" field, enter a word or two that you remember you had in your message with the attachment. In the "Search By User Name" field, enter yourself, and then select "Show results as posts" in the Search Options. Then search, and your post should be in the list. :)

Just click on the little paperclip next to any thread that has attachments, and you'll see all the posts with attachments in the thread. It might not be the best way to do what you're looking for (although it did slim down "How Many Replies..." to only 49 pages), it is a pretty handy feature. :)

You can also attach the same picture more than once by simply changing the picture's filename on your computer's hard-drive.

Originally posted by M5Power
You can also attach the same picture more than once by simply changing the picture's filename on your computer's hard-drive.

Changing the file name won't work, what I have done before though is just adjusting the color of one single picture to a 2% darker shade or whatever -as long as it isn't noticeable-, this seemed to work. :)

Back