seasonal event 5

  • Thread starter Thread starter bimmer3002
  • 20 comments
  • 2,064 views
Messages
161
so..... should i expect that to be updated tonight? i've only recently plugged the ps3 into my router so i don't really kow what to expect
 
That's been the trend so far. 2 available at a time updated weekly (so far).
 
while the xp are a HUGE benenfit trying to level up in between endurance races, i kind of feel it cheapens all the work that goes into leveling up in the earlier stages. i mean, you can do a couple of those and be to level 20 in no time. just seems odd they would do that
 
I guess they figured a lot of people have played enough since November to be around level 20 or something when they first introduced this.
 
i suppose. it would be nice if it could correspond to your current level in the game at the time you attempt it. /pipedream
 
That's been the trend so far. 2 available at a time updated weekly (so far).

Weekly, are you sure. Seems longer.
 
defiantly weekly, will the online dealership change too?
bonus race 2 - ends 13/01/11
bonus race 3 - ends 20/01/11
bonus race 4 - ends 27/01/11
 
I think when the calender turns to 1/20 (unsure of what time zone) we will get a couple of new events and an Online dealer refresh.
 
The dealership usually changes with it too if I'm not mistaken. I think they redo the dealership so it would contain some or one of the cars that could be used in a seasonal or one time use races like trucks and FGTs
 
waiting for a red/silver black/white blue formula GT -_-

looking forward to the seasonals though :D
 
while the xp are a HUGE benenfit trying to level up in between endurance races, i kind of feel it cheapens all the work that goes into leveling up in the earlier stages. i mean, you can do a couple of those and be to level 20 in no time. just seems odd they would do that

I do see what you mean, however I love them at the moment because my fat ps3 broke New Year's Day, when I was at level 24 with loads of cars and over £2million, so they have really helped me to get back to where I was quickly which was very helpful
 
don't frighten me about my fat ps3. i've been good at giving it plenty of rest so far, but i'm about to unlock level 30 in b-spec and can see a lot of overnight racing for bob in his future. and that scares me for the safety of my rotund system
 
don't frighten me about my fat ps3. i've been good at giving it plenty of rest so far, but i'm about to unlock level 30 in b-spec and can see a lot of overnight racing for bob in his future. and that scares me for the safety of my rotund system

What does that have to do with the seasonal events? :lol:

Anyway, i hope the seasonals come with restrictions again.. :)
 
Don't be scared and don't worry, leaving it on for hours on end shouldn't make it any hotter than 40 mins, as long as it's well ventilated. I didn't help mine as it was off and on all the time and I moved it between house at least twice a week. Anyway roll on Seasonal Event 5 - almost got enough for the Formula GT!!!
 
Anything that helps me accumulate credits and exp; thanks!
 
Last edited:
Anyway, i hope the seasonals come with restrictions again.. :)

I don't, I'm only really interested in getting as many credits as I can, as quickly as I can, so that I can get as many cars as possible to enjoy the online experience.

After all the Offline side of the gameplay is pretty poor and unchallenging and only a matter of (a very long) time to get to the top levels, so to me the more of these opportunities to gain quick easy, yet quite fun credits that come along, the better for me because online I'm loving it!

If you want the challenge of the restrictions you have the choice to discipline yourself and restrict your own cars, but with restrictions set by the game it becomes another part of the labourious grind for those who want to play their game their way.

Don't get me wrong I don't go at it with a masively over tuned car to take the easy wins, I tend to just improve the tyres slightly and slap in a Racing air filter, then race with all assists turned off.

But as my 9 year old son likes to play, it's nice for him to have the opportunity to tune up a car which will enable him to win these events in a car that's tuned to fit his ability and earn himself the creds to get more out of A-Spec
 
Last edited:
hmmmm, define "well ventilated". what would "not well ventilated" look like?
 
The seasonal events are a great way to earn money...i got my first farrari by doing the prius event, very easy race for 300,000
 
I hated the restricted bonus events (#2? Focus/Rx-7) because of the "ladder" approach to the challenge. If all cars started from a standstill with evenly matched cars it would have been real racing- but alas real racing is only easy to find online (unless you handicap yourself in A-Spec.) IMO- PD is destined to keep these events simple and easy to counter the required grinding for credits and XP. Sure the hardcore folks don't need it, but hardcore is always a very small minority. PD needs to keep the masses on the hook if they plan to sell more content for GT5 down the road.
 
I love seasonal events, now I learn not to "over-mod" my car in order to have more challenge for the bonus races.
 
IMO- PD is destined to keep these events simple and easy to counter the required grinding for credits and XP. Sure the hardcore folks don't need it, but hardcore is always a very small minority. PD needs to keep the masses on the hook if they plan to sell more content for GT5 down the road.

I agree with you there. I was doubtful of my skill in these when I did my first one, but you can leave a car stock and still win and with the complaints on leveling from 28ish-40, that's gotta be the reason why.
 
Back