• Thread starter et_
  • 44 comments

et_

(Banned)
Sweden
erazer13
elias_johansson
Hello everyone!:)

As you all know I've taken on doing the event threads for the seasonal events lately.
But due to a lacking motivation, insufficient free time, and most importantly, a set of actions against me from a certain moderator here on GTP, I have decided to discontinue them. I will set up the TT's and DT's next week, and the seasonal races the week after that (october 2'nd). But after that I'm out.

I'm therefore looking for someone who fancy taking my place and are willing to take upon themselves to set these threads up, link to applicable tunes etc.

If you are interested, post here or send a PM. If for some reason you'll encounter an issue, I'll ofcourse be around to help out, so dont worry about it being too difficult or anything (they dont need to be too advanced anyway).:)

et_
and most importantly, a set of actions against me from a certain moderator here on GTP,
Don't break the rules. We don't bother you. It really is quite simple.

Don't break the rules. We don't bother you. It really is quite simple.
First incident was not even a rule infringement, 2'nd one was questionable, I think its obvious I'm not here to troll or to stir anything up. and an honest mistake can easily be solved by just informing me, not giving me warning points without expiration time.

At this point it doesn't matter, the damage is done, and I'll not be contributing to this site anymore. It's not really my loss anyway, even if I'd prefer to keep doing it.

et_
First incident was not even a rule infringement, 2'nd one was questionable,
If you have any issues with what has happened, you take it up with an admin. Bringing it up in threads and/or flouncing away in a huff isn't getting anyone anywhere.

If you have any issues with what has happened, you take it up with an admin. Bringing it up in threads and/or flouncing away in a huff isn't getting anyone anywhere.
I asked you to stop deleting posts, I didn't treat you, or cursed at you or anything. I didn't want to stir anything up, neither did I want you to bring the posts back, I just asked you to stop doing it in the future.
Coincidentally that is pretty much what I would have liked you to do when I posted an image I didn't know was against the AUP. A simple exhortation not to do it anymore would be sufficient.

Also, you deleted a bunch of posts because people where getting off-topic, which is exactly what you are doing right now by bringing it up here, so to be consistent in your moderating, you should delete your own posts in this thread. Just saying.

et_
I asked you to stop deleting posts, I didn't treat you, or cursed at you or anything. I didn't want to stir anything up, neither did I want you to bring the posts back, I just asked you to stop doing it in the future.
Coincidentally that is pretty much what I would have liked you to do when I posted an image I didn't know was against the AUP. A simple exhortation not to do it anymore would be sufficient.

Also, you deleted a bunch of posts because people where getting off-topic, which is exactly what you are doing right now by bringing it up here, so to be consistent in your moderating, you should delete your own posts in this thread. Just saying.
Off-topic posts were deleted from a thread. This happens all the time. You have somehow become offended by this even though they weren't your posts.

You then posted that I should stop "ruining your fun" even though I was only doing what I am tasked to do in keeping the forums running the way forums have been run since for ever. Threads have a topic and they should stay on that topic. (This one is going off topic because you decided to moan about moderator actions. Again.)

You then broke the AUP, so you got an infraction. That's what happens. You become even more offended by this, invoke Godwin's Law, and think we have it in for you. Note: If we had it in for you, you would not be here.

Now, you either admit you posted a creatively spelled profanity in a picture, take your infraction, and move on. Loads of folk have them, you're not special. For the most part, they take note of what happened, don't do it again and get happily on with their lives. Those that don't, usually end up not being here.

Or you go away in the huff.

Or you take it to an admin. Constantly moaning in the forums is not to get you anywhere.

FAQ
You are welcome to contact me privately if you believe a moderator has made a decision that I would not agree with. Depending on the situation, I may or may not consider it appropriate to reply. However, I will review all complaints and will take action, privately, if deemed necessary.

https://www.gtplanet.net/faq/#contest_moderation

Off-topic posts were deleted from a thread. This happens all the time. You have somehow become offended by this even though they weren't your posts.

You then posted that I should stop "ruining your fun" even though I was only doing what I am tasked to do in keeping the forums running the way forums have been run since for ever. Threads have a topic and they should stay on that topic. (This one is going off topic because you decided to moan about moderator actions. Again.)

You then broke the AUP, so you got an infraction. That's what happens. You become even more offended by this, invoke Godwin's Law, and think we have it in for you. Note: If we had it in for you, you would not be here.

Now, you either admit you posted a creatively spelled profanity in a picture, take your infraction, and move on. Loads of folk have them, you're not special. For the most part, they take note of what happened, don't do it again and get happily on with their lives. Those that don't, usually end up not being here.

Or you go away in the huff.

Or you take it to an admin. Constantly moaning in the forums is not to get you anywhere.

https://www.gtplanet.net/faq/#contest_moderation
1: I said "stop ruining the fun" not "my fun".
2: I did not mention you in this OP, nor did I tag you. I simply stated why I have decided to stop setting the seasonal event threads up. And in the long run I have decided to pull out of GTP entirely.
3: I contacted Jordan about it, but got no response. That tells me either he doesn't give a **** or that he agrees with you. Either way that tells me I dont want to be part of this community anymore.
4: Regardless of the circumstances, you are a big part of the reason why I have decided to leave. I'm not complaining, I'm simply moving on by saying goodbye.

I want to point out that this is not a "crying out" complaining thread, I'm genuinly looking for someone to take over, as it benefits everyone doing these events, not to mention @GRANKUSTOM with his seasonal event database, or @XS and his GT6 tune database. You guys do an awesome job and you deserve some support with these things.:)
@JogoAsobi : you dont fancy maknig a comeback?:)

et_
Hey Mitch, you're a GTP veteran, why dont you do the threads? I'm sure you'ld do an awesome job:cheers:

Thanks Elias for the compliment, much appreciated. And yea, I've been apart of these Seasonals from their beginnings in GT5 so yea, I guess you could say I'm a veteran. :P I did give it some thought, but I'm really not up to speed with how to do all the linking, pictures, and everything else that you do in the OP to make it look nice. Even though I've been around for awhile, I know there is probably someone else who is more qualified as far as the technical part goes. Thanks for thinking of me though, I'm honored to get your vote of confidence. :cheers: Again Elias, sorry to see you go, your work here will be missed.

Aw man!..First Jogo and now you too! Sorry to see you go as you filled Jogo's shoes completely..:bowdown: I'm sure we'll still see your name high on the leader boards though..Best of luck in the future @et. :cheers:

@et_ Thanks for all the effort you have put in in compiling these seasonal threads.

I wish you well for the future and admire your stance. This, for me is an admirable decision.

I don't know the full "in's & out's" of the situation. But, as @GTP_CargoRatt said "You gotta do what you gotta do"

Ok, starting to get bit worried reading this... GTP to me has been almost mainly about these TT threads.

Thanks @et_ for keeping them up!!

My suggestion would be that some of those mods could set up those threads.. I know theyr job is mainly moderate, but "how hard could it be"?

And @GTP_CargoRatt I would love to see you make these threads. I'm really quite sorry to see your motivation towards TT's take as severe dive as it has taken. I mean I fully understand that we all have our limits and doing same thing over and over again takes it's toe. But you were one of the reasons for me gettin into TT's. I mean you managed to inspire me trough your positivity and the way you were pushing everyone go further and smash theyr records. I mean et could help you get started makin these threads and maybe you could find there something that would inspire you, or maybe not, but yeah, I kinda miss that good ol' TT warrior that I used to follow at GTP :)

Here I have to mention that I have to start doing threads for TT's if nobody else does it. I really hope someone does, I'm really lazy when it comes to this sort of stuff. And I'm not even that good with computing :lol: threads gonna be late or missing entirely. And I don't care about a-spec so I wouln'd do any of those anyway...

EDIT: Seems like @et_ is no more... If you read this, it was nice to have you here, you're one hell of a fast guy!! Sorry to loose yet another member :indiff:

Last edited:
Hello everyone here at GTP!:)

I'm a friend of Elias (et_) and I can confirm that he has been banned. I spoke to him today, and he asked me to post a explanation. Apparently he had an argument with a moderator, wich got him banned.
He said to post this link, as he thinks that is the post that got him banned:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rcuito-de-madrid.316743/page-10#post-10101905
I dont know the exact procedure, but he said that he got no warnings beforehand (there was something about points?) I'm new here and dont know the exact procedure.

this was written in the banned user log:
et_ - 25 September 2014 - Threw toys out of pram and decided to prove Godwin's Law.

The reason I'm writing this is because he told me you are not allowed more than 1 account, and that they track your IP, so I said I could do it. But he does have the account details.

Hello everyone here at GTP!:)

I'm a friend of Elias (et_) and I can confirm that he has been banned. I spoke to him today, and he asked me to post a explanation. Apparently he had an argument with a moderator, wich got him banned.
He said to post this link, as he thinks that is the post that got him banned:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rcuito-de-madrid.316743/page-10#post-10101905
I dont know the exact procedure, but he said that he got no warnings beforehand (there was something about points?) I'm new here and dont know the exact procedure.

this was written in the banned user log:

The reason I'm writing this is because he told me you are not allowed more than 1 account, and that they track your IP, so I said I could do it. But he does have the account details.

He got banned??? :(

He doesn't deserve that at all. Clearly the mod is overreacting. Poor. 👎

He got banned??? :(
Yes - but not just for that post.
He doesn't deserve that at all.
Actually he does.
Clearly the mod is overreacting. Poor. 👎
Indeed it was an overreaction that lead to the ban, but not on behalf of the member of staff in question who was really left with no alternative after the member chose to self-destruct.

Yes - but not just for that post. Actually he does.Indeed it was an overreaction that lead to the ban, but not on behalf of the member of staff in question who was really left with no alternative after the member chose to self-destruct.
image.jpg

I think it went something like this :lol:

Naah sorry too see such huzzle going on :/

Latest Posts

Back