Seattle Circuit 2014 (version 2.0)

• Thread starter ploopsy
  • 27 comments
Canada
Toronto
One of the main reasons why the original Seattle Circuit was pulled from the series is because of changes to the real world location which would make it really difficult to recreate with the new visuals.

As you can see in this picture the first half of the track remains unchanged but the latter half is now up to date.

Seattle%2520Circuit%2520%252710s.jpg

I want it back, but I would like if they could smooth out the jumps, I'm okay if it isn't 100% real world. Also, I don't think real world changes were the reason the track isn't in the game anymore. PD has never had a problem with recycling the tracks.

unfortunately that is not possible because a newly constructed stadium has taken the place of the streets that used to make up the original route....
Then they can partially smooth out and re-texture GT4's Seattle, including it as a fictional classic track rather than an accurate representation of Seattle today.

Just wait until that Alaskan Way Viaduct replacement tunnel is complete and the viaduct is completely destroyed...
Can you give us some details? I tried to google map the layout but it doesnt seem to work anymore and the sat images seem to have a lot of construction crap along Alaskan Way...

Good thing we can just DLC tracks now so I hope PDs team is awaiting its completion...

Then they can partially smooth out and re-texture GT4's Seattle, including it as a fictional classic track rather than an accurate representation of Seattle today.
Im not a game dev but Im willing to bet PD tried that and it wasnt to their high standards...

Im not a game dev but Im willing to bet PD tried that and it wasnt to their high standards...
Well Trial Mountain made it through with hardly any changes. Low-res 2D Trees and Cliffs and Monkeys and everything :). I'm glad they didn't cut that.

-> ...
unfortunately that is not possible because a newly constructed stadium has taken the place of the streets that used to make up the original route....

Can you give us some details? I tried to google map the layout but it doesnt seem to work anymore and the sat images seem to have a lot of construction crap along Alaskan Way...
Good thing we can just DLC tracks now so I hope PDs team is awaiting its completion...
^ If anyone remembers GT4. There were 4 Fuji Speedway variations:

- '80s
- '90s
- '05 F
- '05 GT

-> PD can implement the same tactic as above with Seattle.

Well Trial Mountain made it through with hardly any changes. Low-res 2D Trees and Cliffs and Monkeys and everything :). I'm glad they didn't cut that.
^ Surprisingly, only Trial Mountain kept the consistency in the whole history of GT.

^ Deep Forest has changed over the series, small but significant. I've played DF since GT1, believe me there were some key difference not just on the track bubt also the overall atmosphere:

'90s (GT1 & GT2) - More like a widened touge track, no barriers, trickier consecutive sweepers, & a very hard track to master (IMHO). Has a sick ramp too (GT1 Arcade Mode [USDM]).

'00s/A (GT3) - A bit more forgiving on the tricky bit, with barriers, thicker forestry, & a bit unnoticable to the untrained gamer/driver.

'00s/B (GT4/GT5/GT6) - Track 'feels' wider, theres a lake now (ft/ Lochness & fisherman), now comes with run-off areas, & a lot more forgiving to master (IMHO).

-> So yes. Other than the visual/physical aspects of Trial Mountain; the overall track, feel, dimension, & elevation changes are still unchanged since GT1.

:)

^ Deep Forest has changed over the series, small but significant. I've played DF since GT1, believe me there were some key difference not just on the track bubt also the overall atmosphere:

'90s (GT1 & GT2) - More like a widened touge track, no barriers, trickier consecutive sweepers, & a very hard track to master (IMHO).

'00s/A (GT3) - A bit more forgiving on the tricky bit, with barriers, thicker forestry, & a bit unnoticable to the untrained gamer/driver.

'00s/B (GT4/GT5/GT6) - Track 'feels' wider, theres a lake now (ft/ Lochness & fisherman), now comes with run-off areas, & a lot more forgiving to master (IMHO).

:)
Oh of course, now I remember, that is why it seemed so much harder in GT2, there were no barriers at all and the undulating corners really killed you if you weren't careful, and the lake, of course.
edit: ah, but wait! Trial Mountain has changed! Hasn't the big overpass changed colours?

Just wait until that Alaskan Way Viaduct replacement tunnel is complete and the viaduct is completely destroyed...

...which isn't going so well recently. Over a year long overdue, but Bertha, the tunnel boring machine that was supposed to bore the new tunnel, is stuck, and there has been buckets of hot water in regards to managing the tunnel construction...

If this comes back, So much suspension destruction. But I do love this track due to it being the only where i can really get air in my cars

One of the main reasons why the original Seattle Circuit was pulled from the series is because of changes to the real world location which would make it really difficult to recreate with the new visuals.

As you can see in this picture the first half of the track remains unchanged but the latter half is now up to date.

Seattle%2520Circuit%2520%252710s.jpg
Seattle_Circuit.gif

Lets see the difference

I just did a quick almost-full lap of this version of the route while I was in the area, it seems to almost work. At first I thought I took a wrong turn into the Alaskan Way tunnel as I didn’t see a straight bit of road, but I’m pretty sure some roads have changed since 2014.

57ACCF1F-AAE2-401B-B95B-8EB2DEE62CC3.jpeg

^ Red route is what I ended up driving, blue route is likely the ideal route, green is an alternative. Updated map looks like this, green again being an alternative:

3D14DFB0-AA2A-485A-917A-84D0D3256A31.jpeg

The scenery around the stadium and Smith tower would make for a cool setting in a GT game. It’s almost sad that the original track didn’t go further north before heading under the viaduct, as there’s a whole bunch of really cool brightly lit waterfront attractions - the aquarium, the crab pot, a park, a number of restaurants, and probably most notably a large Ferris wheel - it’d look especially good if there was a night option.

Back