Seattle Circuit 2014 (version 2.0)

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by ploopsy, Jan 20, 2014.

1. ploopsy

ploopsy

One of the main reasons why the original Seattle Circuit was pulled from the series is because of changes to the real world location which would make it really difficult to recreate with the new visuals.

As you can see in this picture the first half of the track remains unchanged but the latter half is now up to date.

[​IMG]

2. j8mie

j8mie

I never knew that about the Seattle track. Would love to see this return to the GT franchise.

3. LeMansIndy500

LeMansIndy500

Would like to see Seattle Short back again.

Harsk100, Neddo, BJahalt88 and 2 others like this.
  4. The Vanishing Boy

The Vanishing Boy Premium

-> I'm glad you used the map I outlined as your reference! :tup:

5. ploopsy

ploopsy

Your post in the Seattle Circuit thread gave me the idea...
    I really hope PD is lurking in the forums (PD people lurk GTP a lot)...

6. ploopsy

ploopsy

That was actually an excellent track for drifting...

GT2/4/6 have the best tracks (the even numbered games always do) which means that GT7 tracks will probably suck!!! :-P

7. Amac500

Amac500

I want it back, but I would like if they could smooth out the jumps, I'm okay if it isn't 100% real world. Also, I don't think real world changes were the reason the track isn't in the game anymore. PD has never had a problem with recycling the tracks.

f40 likes this.
  8. ryandtw

ryandtw Premium

Just wait until that Alaskan Way Viaduct replacement tunnel is complete and the viaduct is completely destroyed...

wissota95, Neddo and L8 Apex like this.
  9. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

We could have the new AND the old, no?

10. ploopsy

ploopsy

unfortunately that is not possible because a newly constructed stadium has taken the place of the streets that used to make up the original route....

11. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

Then they can partially smooth out and re-texture GT4's Seattle, including it as a fictional classic track rather than an accurate representation of Seattle today.

12. ploopsy

ploopsy

Can you give us some details? I tried to google map the layout but it doesnt seem to work anymore and the sat images seem to have a lot of construction crap along Alaskan Way...

Good thing we can just DLC tracks now so I hope PDs team is awaiting its completion...

wissota95 likes this.
  13. ploopsy

ploopsy

Im not a game dev but Im willing to bet PD tried that and it wasnt to their high standards...

14. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

Well Trial Mountain made it through with hardly any changes. Low-res 2D Trees and Cliffs and Monkeys and everything :). I'm glad they didn't cut that.

15. The Vanishing Boy

-> ...
    ^ If anyone remembers GT4. There were 4 Fuji Speedway variations:

- '80s
    - '90s
    - '05 F
    - '05 GT

-> PD can implement the same tactic as above with Seattle.

^ Surprisingly, only Trial Mountain kept the consistency in the whole history of GT.

Harsk100 likes this.
  16. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

Really? That's the only track that hasn't changed (that has been there since GT1)? What happened to Deep Forest then?

17. The Vanishing Boy

^ Deep Forest has changed over the series, small but significant. I've played DF since GT1, believe me there were some key difference not just on the track bubt also the overall atmosphere:

'90s (GT1 & GT2) - More like a widened touge track, no barriers, trickier consecutive sweepers, & a very hard track to master (IMHO). Has a sick ramp too (GT1 Arcade Mode [USDM]).

'00s/A (GT3) - A bit more forgiving on the tricky bit, with barriers, thicker forestry, & a bit unnoticable to the untrained gamer/driver.

'00s/B (GT4/GT5/GT6) - Track 'feels' wider, theres a lake now (ft/ Lochness & fisherman), now comes with run-off areas, & a lot more forgiving to master (IMHO).

-> So yes. Other than the visual/physical aspects of Trial Mountain; the overall track, feel, dimension, & elevation changes are still unchanged since GT1.

:)

18. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

Oh of course, now I remember, that is why it seemed so much harder in GT2, there were no barriers at all and the undulating corners really killed you if you weren't careful, and the lake, of course.
    edit: ah, but wait! Trial Mountain has changed! Hasn't the big overpass changed colours?

19. The Vanishing Boy

^ That is more of a cosmetic feature than actual layout configuration.

SnakeOfBacon likes this.
  20. ryandtw

ryandtw Premium

...which isn't going so well recently. Over a year long overdue, but Bertha, the tunnel boring machine that was supposed to bore the new tunnel, is stuck, and there has been buckets of hot water in regards to managing the tunnel construction...

21. DaBRZBeast

DaBRZBeast

If this comes back, So much suspension destruction. But I do love this track due to it being the only where i can really get air in my cars

Rautz likes this.
  22. Rage Racer

Rage Racer

I heard there was some stadium that was demolished in the early 2000's or so, but was still present in GT4 of 2004. :D

VettelFan05 and Robin like this.
  23. jubeiiiii246

jubeiiiii246 (Banned)

[​IMG]
    Lets see the difference

Rage Racer and BJahalt88 like this.
  24. matherto

matherto

The Kingdome.

25. jubeiiiii246

jubeiiiii246 (Banned)

26. BarneyA