Sebastian Leob Help Please!

  • Thread starter Thread starter fireant
  • 56 comments
  • 5,651 views
I was in the same boat as you :)

Watch the example and study it for a few times. It will really make a difference. I can't promise but I'm sure it will.:)

I only watched half of it once. I'll have to study it more closely. I tried driving slower to get more grip but it was too slow. I guess it's all about practice too.
 
I´ve got gold...had just to try a couple times. I´ve had a hard time trying to gold charmonix.... got just silver.

Here´s my lap at eiger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQQDlYH4OHE


Im not sure how to embed this.
ps: I´m working in getting a new and decent cam.
 
Last edited:
Turn ASM off. I really kills the car going round corners
 
Thanks for all the tips guys, just golded all 3. The snow rally is a joke (i was 8 seconds off gold time).
 
I thought the hardest part of Sebastian Loeb's challenge's wasn't getting the time but getting around cleanly! Once I got a clear run in I got gold first time on all 3 pretty easily.
My tip, use a wheel, all aids off (bar abs=1). TCS actually slows you down and stops you from powering through a slide, which hurts your time badly! Also try entering the corners after turning in sharply, counter steering lightly with plenty of throttle control.

Also you'll get to pick up the Co-Drivers cues, so say "3 right long"= long right hander approach in 3rd gear etc. Don't follow the suggest gear, most of the time its way too conserative on rally tracks.

Edit:
Never mind, you've already done it! Well done!
 
Last edited:
Turn ASM off. I really kills the car going round corners

It took over one page for someone to mention this? ASM is potentially the biggest killer on rally stages and the TC said he had it on.
 
Also you'll get to pick up the Co-Drivers cues, so say "3 right long"= long right hander approach in 3rd gear etc.

Are there pace notes in Loeb challenges? So far I've only done the gravel one and its note-free....there is not even a co-driver next to you...

The GT Rally has co-driver and notes...
 
Are there pace notes in Loeb challenges? So far I've only done the gravel one and its note-free....there is not even a co-driver next to you...

The GT Rally has co-driver and notes...

My bad, looks like there is no co-driver! I must have been hearing voices again!:idea:Lol. I did both of them back to back so thats why i got mixed up.
 
thank you all for tips, u helped me get gold.

traction control off
skid recovery ON
abs =1
brake early
stay 1 gear above what the game tells u(if driving manual trans.)
 
I think people should try and gold this challenge without using Skid Recovery. It makes the challenge into anything but. Seriously, turn Skid Recovery off and then try and do the challenge and get gold. Everything is suddenly harder, much harder.
 
Turn off all driving aids, I'm serious lol. Turning off the Skid Recovery had the most dramatic effect for me. When I had it on I just couldn't get the car to slide.
 
For Toscana I had ABS 1 everything else 0 but for the other events I put more aids on and easily got gold.
 
Its possible to get gold with the driving aids and everything on default, just brake into a corner and mash X, right stick, pedal anything that makes the car move straight away and never lift :)
 
I just got 4:04.168 on eiger on my third try couldn't get anywhere near 4.08 then got this all aids off abs on 1 and 50/50

thats with a g25 ffb on 10 and no power assisted steering

Edit: i just got 4:12.374 on chamonix

Edit 2: i just got 1:55.062 on toscana :)
 
Last edited:
I used TCS OFF
Skid Recovery Force ON
ABS 1
 
I have all aids off but still fail quite badly...
 
Turn on skid recovery if you need to.
 
I have all aids off but still fail quite badly...

Skid Recovery Force ON
ABS 1
Worked a charm, I even beat the ghost.
Before, I was over 10 seconds behind Bronze, with aids on Default.
 
That sucks keep at it. I golded them with it turned off and then I went back and tried with the option on and I killed my previous laptimes with less effort.
 
Toscana, about 2.5 seconds from bronze.
 
Have you tried watching Youtube videos to help?
Or maybe try watching the example replay?


I'm gonna try that soon actually, good idea.
 
Back