Sebastian Loeb Challenge. C4

  • Thread starter Thread starter Popeye
  • 13 comments
  • 2,744 views

Popeye

Premium
Messages
600
Messages
Kalle666ca
Can someone tell me their settings for this car please. I got bronze on the first challenge, but can't get any better. I'm in fact getting worse. What were your settings?
 
Can someone tell me their settings for this car please. I got bronze on the first challenge, but can't get any better. I'm in fact getting worse. What were your settings?

Put tcs on 1 and skid recovery on.
 
I actually turned SRF off and I got gold on all 3 by at least 3 seconds.
 
Can someone tell me their settings for this car please. I got bronze on the first challenge, but can't get any better. I'm in fact getting worse. What were your settings?

I ran it without any modifications and got golds.

It's most likely not the car, it's merely the approach being taken. You need to be smooth, there is no way you can get his times with sliding round every corner, you have to be very smooth.

My advice, break straight, and then gently feather the throttle, if you're hitting the rev limiter in a corner, you're going too hard on the acceleration, you need to back off to get traction.

Have you tried watching Youtube video's on this event?
 
I was truggling with tcs and skid recovery off, switched them on and it was easy to get all golds. I am using the Logitech driving force GT wheel.
 
Put tcs on 1 and skid recovery on.

TCS at 3 with recovery off is much better, do not run with skid recovery, it will slow you down, there are times when the back end will move out, and the skid recovery will slow you down.

TCS on the snow is a good plan, but not really needed, better if you can do without.

Minimum of TCS 2/3 and no skid recovery.
 
Never trail-brake while turning a rally car on dirt. You will 9 times out of 10 spin and crash (in this case, fail).
 
I have been trying to watch the you tube video's, but we are having power problems. Was in the middle of an endurance event and the damn power kicked out. Not fun. I'm not a fast driver, not hitting the rev limiter at all. I'm pushing the car a bit, but i don't know, never been one for playing with settings, prefer to leave standard, but what about active steering or whatever? Does that help?
 
For gravel and snow try setting the torque split to 50:50... it will stop the car oversteering so much on the gas.

TC is useless on loose surfaces and will just slow you down. If you're really struggling you can use SRF which makes the tests simple... though IMO, SRF is just the equivalent of standard physics in Prologue and as such shouldn't really be part of the game.

Never trail-brake while turning a rally car on dirt. You will 9 times out of 10 spin and crash (in this case, fail).

Actually, that's wrong... you need to use the brakes to get the car to turn in on loose surfaces... if you use a stab of brake whilst turning the car will rotate towards the apex... from there you need to get back on the gas enough to balance the car through the corner... ideally you're trying to go through the corners with neutral steering.
 
if you are using the DFGT, then i can help. everything except abs at 1 off. shift power distribution to 50-50. and mind you corner entry speed, angle, and throttle work. practice the IC-4 and IC-7 license tests to get a better feel of driving on dirt. try to get the gold times while keep the car on the track as best as you can.
 
Actually, that's wrong... you need to use the brakes to get the car to turn in on loose surfaces... if you use a stab of brake whilst turning the car will rotate towards the apex... from there you need to get back on the gas enough to balance the car through the corner... ideally you're trying to go through the corners with neutral steering.
You're right, I made a mistake on that fact but wouldn't it be different if you are not trying to powerslide around the corners? For some reason, these tracks don't require powersliding for me (or I fail miserably at it whenever I try).
 
Thanks for all the replies. I got gold in those tests. But i have to admit, I HATE HATE HATE rallying with a passion. Can't stand it. But i'm trying to do these in order to learn to like it. Got the gold in the snow tests. Well.we do have a metre of snow to practice on right now. But rallying, no,no,no.
 
Thanks for all the replies. I got gold in those tests. But i have to admit, I HATE HATE HATE rallying with a passion. Can't stand it. But i'm trying to do these in order to learn to like it. Got the gold in the snow tests. Well.we do have a metre of snow to practice on right now. But rallying, no,no,no.

The snow requirements on everything but the licenses are shockingly easy to gold. I have no idea why the AI on the rallies struggles nor why just keeping pace with Loeb at Chamonix will be 10 seconds faster than gold.
 
I thought the rally physics on GT5 were amazing... very, very good fun.

PD could make a world class WRC game without any problems at all using the physics model in GT5 and some proper length stages.
 
Back