Sebring?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FlareKR
  • 44 comments
  • 6,998 views
Messages
292
Messages
FlareKR
If anybody has checked out the front page right now, there's a new trailer including Madrid, Rome (hooray! it's back!) and a... private jet?
My explanation. Sebring is gonna be in GT5. Not only is it a well known American Le-Mans track (Audi R10 and 787), it also serves as an airport. The city of Serbing hosts many aeronautical events, many of the planes taking off from the track, which also serves as an airport.
 
Got an image of the runway at Sebring to compare with?

Could just be the Top Gear test track runway.
 
Got an image of the runway at Sebring to compare with?

Could just be the Top Gear test track runway.

As a matter of fact, I do
SEBRING3-794226.jpg

May wanna check this out too.
sebring-52.gif

It's clearly a run-way.

Doesn't look like the Top Gear track. I've seen the program thousands of times (hey, today's Monday, Top Gear at 8 :D) to know that's not the track.
 
Actually, that little clip of track does look like the TopGear track, if you look at the hut in the distance, that same hut is there on the TopGear track.
 
Looks like the Top Gear track to me. I would really, really like to see Sebring in GT5 though.
 
Not bad track but am for Long beach and some track in Los Angeles my favorite city after Belgrade!!!!!!
 
Except for the plane it was the exact same scene we had in the E3 trailer and many people who analyzed it are sure its the Top Gear Test Track (some trackside buildings revealed it). I thought Sebring first too back then, but the TGTT is more likely.
 
I wouldn't mind Sebring being in GT5, the more real tracks the better in my opinion!!
 
Last edited:
I wouldn't mind Sebring be in GT5, the more real tracks the better in my opinion!!
Of course, same here, but the airfield in the trailer is not Sebring. Pretty damn sure.
 
I can't tell the difference between one airstrip from another, but the backdrop buildings strongly suggest it's the TG Test Track at Dunsfold Park.

However, this.

...Not only is it a well known American Le-Mans track (Audi R10 and 787)...

I find the 787B and the R10 TDI more at home and at their natural setting (at least the Audi, I'm not sure if the Gruoup C LMP's ever raced at Sebring) in Sebring instead of TGTT. You associate LM tracks (In this case, Sebring) with LMP's, and TGTT with sports cars. Also, remember the rule of the Power Board, only road legal cars go there.

Only time will tell, but in my view, it can be any of those two.
 
I hate Sebring so much :nervous:

It's ok and reasonably entertaining watching people race around at night in motorsports, but having to race on it in Forza just depressed me loads. I just really really hate it, it's so flat and dull and annoying eurgh. The only thing I like about it is the long straight leading up to that really bumpy and tricky corner before the start line. The rest of the track is ass though 👎
 
Just saw todays Top Gear episode. Apart from them showing repeats of season 8 and not showing us season 12 already (off to YouTube I go ::grumpy:) I just saw the buildings too. It is the Top Gear track.
But what's an Audi R10 doing on the track? It's for regular cars, delivery vans, and cheaply made cop cars under 5,000 pounds (:D best Top Gear Challange ever).
I guess Sebring to, has to be there.
 
In the game it will be for any car. They've put race cars round it on TopGear plenty of times anyway, they just don't put the times on the power board.
 
The runway is used as a drag strip aswell on the show, though it is strange to see LMP cars there. Because of it's figure of 8 layout, it can't be used as a circuit for obvious reasons.

But nevertheless, i want Sebring in GT5. Afterall, the 12 hours of Sebring is one of the most prestigous endurance events in the sport, and i wouldn't be surprised if it was included.
 
is it just me being really dumb, or is that plane moving?(plane racing would be sooo cool)

sebring isnt a bad track but as people say, dunsfold would NOT work as a proper race track-just time trials i guess :(
 
There have been many races before, with more than one car on the TG track.Remember the limited fuelled supercar race, where the red Audi R8 won.
 
There have been many races before, with more than one car on the TG track.Remember the limited fuelled supercar race, where the red Audi R8 won.

Aye because they knew each car would barely do a lap, and the cars pulled over onto the grass when they ran out of fuel. They've also held a couple of Top Gear new motorsport events. I think the bus race was at the Test track, and the airport vehicles race. EDIT: Scratch that, i was wrong on both of those lol)

But over several laps, where the grid of cars become more spread out it would not be possible, there would be a high risk of accidents. Although it would be very cool to do races on this circuit online... I think GT/career mode races wouldn't take place on this track.
 
Last edited:
^The bus and airport vehicles races were not at the test track. The bus race was at a dirt track and the airport vehicles were at Heathrow or Gatwick.

I would like to see Sebring in GT5. As many have said; The more, the merrier.
 
^The bus and airport vehicles races were not at the test track. The bus race was at a dirt track and the airport vehicles were at Heathrow or Gatwick.

I would like to see Sebring in GT5. As many have said; The more, the merrier.

Ah well, i was wrong then :)
 
the airport vehicles were at Heathrow or Gatwick.
:rolleyes:

Hammond announced that it was held at Heathrow but that they'd "moved all the jumbos and terminals way over there out of the way...."

Do you seriously think they'd close Heathrow or Gatwick for a stunt like that? It'd be held at Dunsfold or some other small airport.
 
If it's not the Top Gear test track, I think that the chances that it can be Sebring are very high.

2rqdifd.jpg


2ajsto4.jpg
 
The runway is used as a drag strip aswell on the show, though it is strange to see LMP cars there. Because of it's figure of 8 layout, it can't be used as a circuit for obvious reasons.

[QUOTE="Big Book of Top Gear 2009", Pages 98-99 "Dear Top Gear, Why oh Why oh Why... - FAQ's about the show":]

Wht don't you do races on the track?

The Top Gear test track is a figure of eight, which makes it impossible to do any sort of meaningful race in which the cars might become separated, otherwise there'd be an almighty accident. If we want to have a proper race we can use the lesser spotted "short circuit" which employs only the top part of the track but it's not as good as the full layout so we rarely bother.[/QUOTE]

In other words, Top Gear test track will only be usable for time trials. Only a very stupid game would have a race on a figure of 8 track that doesn't have an overpass like Suzuka or Midfield...oh wait...NFS: SHIfT has one!!! It's called "Hazyview Eight", it's an "endurance" event (a 30 minutes endurance...:lol:) but it turns out it's more like a demolition derby, specially with NFS: SHIfT friendly AI.
 
Sorry for double post, I'm stupid today.
 
Last edited:
In other words, Top Gear test track will only be usable for time trials. Only a very stupid game would have a race on a figure of 8 track that doesn't have an overpass like Suzuka or Midfield...oh wait...NFS: SHIfT has one!!! It's called "Hazyview Eight", it's an "endurance" event (a 30 minutes endurance...:lol:) but it turns out it's more like a demolition derby, specially with NFS: SHIfT friendly AI.

Aye thats where i read that. I actually never knew it was a figure of 8 before i read that book :D

And lol at shift :lol:. Firstly a thirty minute endurance? Pffft, you don't need endurance for that. Secondly, a figure of 8 race with damage and more than 2 cars on the track is a car crash waiting to happen. Literally.
 
Aye thats where i read that. I actually never knew it was a figure of 8 before i read that book :D

And lol at shift :lol:. Firstly a thirty minute endurance? Pffft, you don't need endurance for that. Secondly, a figure of 8 race with damage and more than 2 cars on the track is a car crash waiting to happen. Literally.

The book is utterly hilarous, I love it :dopey:. I'm still waiting the 2010 book to arrive. And about SHIfT, there are around 12 or 16 cars in that race so you can imagine how it is. You have to cross the critical point of the track with the eyes closed and, sometimes, you do, given SHIft exaggerated blur animations. If it was a real race my car would be done in the first crash, and I would be done between a sandwich of steel and carbon fiber.

Anyway, back on topic, Snake's pictures shows us it may be Sebring but I still think it still looks like a very generic airstrip, could be Dunsfold Park? Could it be Heathrow? JFK? No idea, if people say that the buildings suggest it's TG Test Track, it might be true but not certain. All i know is that most airstrips look alike and GT5 will be released in March 2010 ;).
 
Anybody can think of any other circuit that IS on an airstrip other than this two?
 
Private jet in the video is driving on the Top Gear track, it's the same treeline.
 
:rolleyes:

Hammond announced that it was held at Heathrow but that they'd "moved all the jumbos and terminals way over there out of the way...."

Do you seriously think they'd close Heathrow or Gatwick for a stunt like that? It'd be held at Dunsfold or some other small airport.

Yeah I know, I was supposed to type; "supposedly at Heathrow or Gatwick." Stupid me.
 
It is the Top Gear Test Track. Not only have some seen the same scenery, but there's the fact that it had a bit of news when it was revealed, so it's not surprising a glimpse of it was shown in the trailer.
 
Back