Second expansion

• Thread starter jamman39
  • 34 comments
United States
United States
jamman39
Now that the first expansion is dated and priced, it's time to start speculating about the second one.

I've seen a lot of people guessing it will be a Porsche expansion, but I'm thinking it will be something more than that. I don't have much to base it on apart from the price. The second expansion will be $20 USD if purchase seperately, FH2's Porsche expansion cost $10 USD.

I expect the next expansion will feature Porsche, but will also heavily feature some new element.

What do you guys think?

I was thinking Porsche all the way until you brought up the price point. Interesting - though I would be surprised if it's anything but Porsche.

Mt Panorama and the GP track are #1 and 2 on my wish list for FH3, but I don't think it'll happen. I think the devs are afraid of stepping on Forza Motorsport's shoes

I'm going to say it'll be a 10-12 car Porsche pack and...going waaaay out on a limb with this one...a route creator/editor function (i.e. drive around and drop the checkpoints where you want them).

I'm going to say it'll be a 10-12 car Porsche pack and...going waaaay out on a limb with this one...a route creator/editor function (i.e. drive around and drop the checkpoints where you want them).

I want that! Now I'll be disappointed if it isn't a route creator

Be cool to have something similar to what GTAV has for there track creator.

This isn't happening until at least Horizon 4. IIRC they said it wasn't in mind for FH3

I think it could easily be a Porsche Pack + Map Expansion - FM6's PEP included the Virginia International Raceway, and there is a certain Australian island where a certain Porsche-dominated rally is raced...

Of course, it could also not be a Porsche pack. But I think it's an open secret that Porsche is coming to Horizon 3 at some point.

If they were to go a different route from Porsche, I could see a V8 Supercars expansion being a possibility. Australian NASCAR.

Wonder when we'll hear more about this second expansion? My guess is a tease sometime in January with a reveal in Feb, and release in March

I don't expect Porsche at all. I think it will be a movie pack with Mad Max' Interceptor and other famous cars from movies. Certain scenes from those movies will be recreated and are there for the player to play. Stuntman style settings!

I don't expect Porsche at all. I think it will be a movie pack with Mad Max' Interceptor and other famous cars from movies. Certain scenes from those movies will be recreated and are there for the player to play. Stuntman style settings!
With Broken Hill as the centre of a new map

Wonder when we'll hear more about this second expansion? My guess is a tease sometime in January with a reveal in Feb, and release in March

That seems likely, based on Forza's typical annual DLC scheduling.

By releasing in March, the revenues generated from sales of the expansion will be filed into the current financial year (which typically ends on April 1 for most companies).

We won't get tracks. No Mount Panorama, no Albert Park, no Adelaide... It's just not Horizon. If they start merging Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon, there remains little point in having both series. Part of the problem with adding a track like this is that they take up massive amounts of real estate just for the track grounds itself. That's a lot of terrain that they could instead sculpt a bunch of countryside and a small network of roads that they could make lots of circuits from. Then, if they're going to bother adding actual circuits, they're going to model them correctly, which means all surrounding terrain also has to fit with the location, meaning that adding a single track means an investment if many square miles of map, but they could accomplish a lot more if those square miles where fictional rather than being dedicated to modeling an actual track. If they don't bother getting all that terrain accurate, there's little point in bothering with real circuits at all. They might as well just create a fictional circuit because at least that could sit wherever they want however with whatever surrounding they like.

We won't get tracks. No Mount Panorama, no Albert Park, no Adelaide... It's just not Horizon. If they start merging Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon, there remains little point in having both series. Part of the problem with adding a track like this is that they take up massive amounts of real estate just for the track grounds itself. That's a lot of terrain that they could instead sculpt a bunch of countryside and a small network of roads that they could make lots of circuits from. Then, if they're going to bother adding actual circuits, they're going to model them correctly, which means all surrounding terrain also has to fit with the location, meaning that adding a single track means an investment if many square miles of map, but they could accomplish a lot more if those square miles where fictional rather than being dedicated to modeling an actual track. If they don't bother getting all that terrain accurate, there's little point in bothering with real circuits at all. They might as well just create a fictional circuit because at least that could sit wherever they want however with whatever surrounding they like.
The most likely scenario in regards to circuits is the Surfers street circuit. The road layout is already there, it's just a matter of setting up the barricades, the chicanes, and the checkpoints.

It better not be Porsche. I will happily pay for a Porsche car pack, but I payed for an EXPANSION pass that has 4 arrows indicating a map expansion, if it is anything but that, I am going to be very annoyed.

It better not be Porsche. I will happily pay for a Porsche car pack, but I payed for an EXPANSION pass that has 4 arrows indicating a map expansion, if it is anything but that, I am going to be very annoyed.
I've said it once and I'll say it again. In driving roads we trust, it's New Zealand or bust

I've said it once and I'll say it again. In driving roads we trust, it's New Zealand or bust

I just got back from doing the Great Ocean Road over Christmas, and I can honestly say that Turn 10 really dropped the ball on that opportunity. They successfully remodelled the most boring part of the road.

Some of the roads I drove on, I could help but think how awesome they would be in Horizon 3. Nice and skinny, technical, twisty mountain roads.

Instead we get a glorified drag strip called the great ocean road.

I just got back from doing the Great Ocean Road over Christmas, and I can honestly say that Turn 10 really dropped the ball on that opportunity. They successfully remodelled the most boring part of the road.

Some of the roads I drove on, I could help but think how awesome they would be in Horizon 3. Nice and skinny, technical, twisty mountain roads.

Instead we get a glorified drag strip called the great ocean road.
All Horizons have that problem. T10 and PGG have a habit of designing the roads in-game as if they're racing circuits that cars just happen to use to get to work on. All the roads are designed to be driven on at 300 kmh. So they're far wider and straighter than in reality.
It was most egregious in H2 where European roads are depicted as being as wide and meandering as American motorways. Some metre or more wider than they would be in reality. It's a bit less pronounced in H3 because roads in Oz are a bit wider compared to Europe, but it's still noticeable.
It makes the roads easy for 13 year olds to drive fast on in 700 horsepower super cars, at the expense of making them extremely boring in anything lower than B class. You should not be able to fit two Ford Raptors side by side in a single lane on an Australian outback road. But in Horizon you can. Perhaps the Horizon Festival widens and straightens the roads because they know Americans will just be crashing out constantly otherwise.
T10 does it on their own fantasy circuits as well, just look at Bernese Alps. Supposedly 'Mountain roads cordoned off for racing' what roads in the Alps can fit 8-10 cars side by side and have grades exceeding 30%?

They'll probably do it in Horizon 4 as well unless we make a big enough stink about making the roads more realistic. Can you imagine Japanese mountain roads (with Japan being the most logical location) as wide as an American motorway? Because that's what we'll get. Have fun staying in 4-5th gear most of the way down in your Skyline.

The most likely scenario in regards to circuits is the Surfers street circuit. The road layout is already there, it's just a matter of setting up the barricades, the chicanes, and the checkpoints.
It's not scaled correctly.

I would love to see it in Motorsport 7 done correctly, as they've got a lot of the buildings modeled already.

Back