Second expansion

• Thread starter jamman39
  • 34 comments
Well, the presence of a certain number of Porsches in a leaked dev build doesn't mean that a) we will be getting Porsches in FH3; b) they will be all the Porsches we'll be getting.

I doubt T10 will let newcomers to this whole "having Porsches in our games" business make a mockery of them. A Horizon 3 Porsche pack would likely include a generous helping of the latest road-going machinery from Porsche, with a side of iconic vintage 911s and pre-911 cars. And I wouldn't be too surprised to see them abandon the "Porsche Expansion Pack" gimmick in favor of one (or several) "booster pack(s)", a la Kunos.

But I believe Microsoft's guys will be saving the real party trick for Forza 7, where we may see different permutations of the 917 go up in arms against late 60s prototypes and early 70s Can Am monsters, the 935 dominate the IMSA GTX field, and perhaps even the 718 or 804 F1 cars compete in a new F2-ish GP group against the Ferrari 158 and God-knows-what-else.
Of course modern race cars and other, more esoteric retro racers would have to be featured, too. All would be in line with the strategy that T10 employed during the transition between Forza Motorsport 5 (where DLC cars explored some new racing categories, such as early 3-litre F1 cars and Can-Am racers) and Forza Motorsport 6 (where said categories were expanded at day one already with the addition of cars like the AAR Eagle and McLaren M2 in the case of the former, and the Lola-Simonitz and McLaren M8 in the latter).

(a lot of good points about Porsche and races cars in Motorsport)
This is going slightly off topic, but the one thing that will probably get me to buy FM7 is the amazing array of pure race cars they added to FM5 and 6. Not just the early 3-liter GP cars or the late-'60s Can-Am/Endurance racers, but the IMSA GTO cars and even the 1950s/60s sports-racers that filled the FM4 grid. Those cars really fascinated me and kept my interest up. I'm hoping for more awesomeness like that from FM7.

This is going slightly off topic, but the one thing that will probably get me to buy FM7 is the amazing array of pure race cars they added to FM5 and 6. Not just the early 3-liter GP cars or the late-'60s Can-Am/Endurance racers, but the IMSA GTO cars and even the 1950s/60s sports-racers that filled the FM4 grid. Those cars really fascinated me and kept my interest up. I'm hoping for more awesomeness like that from FM7.
I'm of the very, VERY small minority that doesn't really care about street cars in racing titles, so if Motorsport became a game with just pure racecars I'd be totally fine with that, with the Horizon series getting only street cars.

Porsche definitely. If they can add a map that goes further in the Outback with whatever the release, that'd be awesome. Sandstorms included anyone?

Back