I'd rather see old rally cars than the newer types with skin changes,although i'm not against that.
Slightly of topic but about the licence.
I think a lot of WRC stuff will be aimed around GTTV,possibly the option for a years subscription to get access to highlights,behind the scenes access,stuff like that.
Until we get details on how GT will handle WRC within the game,it's difficult to predict anything,be it the cars,liveries,likeness.
I would like a separate section were you buy a car,kit it out,and progress through the junior championships before getting into the WRC proper.but again it's how many rally tracks/stages are in.
If the 20 locations thing does mean countries with 70 tracks,then the rally portion could be huge,but if it means 20 tracks with 70 layouts,I cant see it being anything meaningful,unless all tracks have multiple rally cross stages.
I have mentioned this before,but it would be interesting if Evo studios have helped with this,as they had assets and media from the days of WRC on PS2.And whilst it's likely they are on motorstorm 3,I think Sony have enough spare from all their studios to possibly chip in.
*My ideal scenario*
Sony take small groups from a few different studios,(plenty have been quiet so far) and dedicate them to creating 4 stages each,and over the last few years update the WRC games assets using GT's engine.
It's the only way I can see the licence being used meaningfully within GT5,personally anything less then 12 - 15 dedicated stages wouldn't be worth getting WRC involved,especially if separate licences are needed for each team as mentioned in other posts.
It's times like this I get a little annoyed at PD,I just hope whatever they do with the licence,it's not just a marketing thing.