Seeking advice about a Buttkicker alternative on consoles

I honestly dont see the point in Adding any More or Larger shakers to my Setup. Im on Motion there for I have a central U-joint/CV joint that my seat sits on. Not Allowing any "Chassis" setup to work effectively. Does that stop other's from mounting mini LFE's on each corner of their SimX rig, Lol No. Is it pointless ? IMO Yes.

I would be tempted to rig up a independent shaker for my Shifter and pedals, but somewhat fear what tactile till do to all the little screws on my Pedals sensors so have since mounted my original BK gamer to the seat frame itself.

Yes I would love to try a Full size LFE but the $$ has me thinking twice.

Impressed with your setup Nick....

Haa, you got me laughing with the time/changes/money you've spent think a LFE is within your grasp at some point.
Easily sold if your not impressed but cant see that happening dude.

Understand you have motion and get directional immersion from that,

I personally really want "Chassis" or "Audio Surround / Quadraphonic" working on a seat, for that direction immersion. Sure have had mixed results in past and different ideas/configs. I want to determine each individual channel/wheel. So far its working really well even with just game audio. The T429 Clark do not lack low end, offer good detail but the LFE just changes the whole sensation, completely. I'm telling you until you add one you are missing out a lot, yet fully understand the expense involved for one and amplification.

I seen "Sick games entertainment" on YT alluded to the issues he had particularly with using similar motion at the time to yourself, a central mount and not being able to get effective rear tactile in the seat. Understandable though...

If you do consider, maybe modifying your seat base, you could run stereo tactile on your seat for directional effects/kerbs and get a LFE attached under your seat to handle "proper manly engine and bump effects". :)

Worry about pedals and extensions later...
Of course testing determines what is best for you...

Curious what do you think i have wrapped up in Motion ? It most likely Far less than you would think, IF the motion is what your using as a bench mark for my $$ status, :lol:

I agree with the "quradraphonic" seat setup. I feel that would be Ideal for my situation. Ive been nagging a buddy whom im building a rig for to pick up the Full size LFE but haven't gotten an answer yet (he was hoping for Dual LFE/Gamer2 cages like mine)

Yes i Seen SGE mentioning that back a while before his "new" venture, Kinda glad he did pick up on that as he's all about the "immersion" because if someone Honestly tried to say that you can feel "Front and Rear" shaker's independently on a Standard Seat mover ie SimX or similar, they would need to have their Head Examined. :boggled:

Where can i find pics and more info on your rig again ?

I see a pretty impressive sig, but have seen your d.i.y motion before...
My rig, now thats a story....

Forgive me I spent almost 3 years constantly buying stuff, continually moving the goals of the rig but never getting round to implement it all. Think the project became more about upgrading and buying stuff.

Had to close a business, platform was too big for home and was scrapped, sold the PC to a friend with other parts but all the tactile/amps was kept. The bug recently been coming back is all.

Only back at the forums after 18 months and looking to get into it again.

I see a pretty impressive sig, but have seen your d.i.y motion before...
My rig, now thats a story....

Forgive me I spent almost 3 years constantly buying stuff, continually moving the goals of the rig but never getting round to implement it all. Think the project became more about upgrading and buying stuff.

Had to close a business, platform was too big for home and was scrapped, sold the PC to a friend with other parts but all the tactile/amps was kept. The bug recently been coming back is all.

Only back at the forums after 18 months and looking to get into it again.
Welcome back the legendary expert on the subject matter and started following your Beginners Buyer Guide - For Tactile Immersion. It's so much harder for us Aussies when this niche components are barely stocked by suppliers down under as I mentioned before and when they do, charge a premium because of the few stocks they order. Sucks to be living in beautiful island sometimes lol.

And after months of researching still haven't made any purchase yet but while a friend is over the US for work, I'll need to decide which of these bass shakers around USD$50/each to buy to start with this weekend to send to his hotel. Looking at buying two or go with a single Buttkicker MiniConcert. Primarily will be using this to try on a sim rig (using SimX) but will be keen for the couch in the future for other gaming/movie purposes with dedicated Dayton sub amp or similar ones as I mentioned previously in this thread.

Please assist @Mr Latte

Last edited:
I've never trier a buttkicker hooked up using just the sound output of the game, I went straight to the Simvibe software, which is necessary if you want real, physics based feedback rather than just bass-driven feedback.

I only have a single buttkicker mini-LFE that I bolted to the bottom of my seat, and the seat is then attached to the frame using rubber mounts - this enables the seat to shake without as much energy being absorbed or distributed through the frame. I mounted the rack mount amp beneath it.
4E180E13-EC3C-4415-B752-719B2F0A2590_zpstwft6fwi.jpg

02358B8B-FD4E-4BDD-89BA-97CBD3704DDB_zpsqzaq9luq.jpg

In my opinion if you want good feedback you really need a decent shaker, one with some weight behind it or else it won't really move the seat, just sit there vibrating. And you need a powerful amp to drive it. A home theatre amp isn't powerful enough.

The benefit of doing it properly though? Well even though I only have a single shaker with simvibe, the immersion I get from it is incredible, the feeling of the curbs really makes it feel like you are driving over them in real life, the kick through the seat as you bang through the gears. It still puts a smile on my face.

I was worried when spending the money that I wouldn't like it enough to warrant the cost. Needless worrying. Love it. Would love to experience 4 corners based feedback but I'm not ready to redesign my rig just yet and as it is I'm very happy with the setup.

In summary - it is more expensive using good gear but it's also worth it.
hey mate i got the amp next level up.for the life of me i cannot get a signal from my reciver how the hell did you rig it up ?

First I'd make sure that you are getting the correct signal through the RCA lead you have running to the amp (perhaps plug the sub in to it and ensure its working). Where do you have it plugged in? There should be 3 sets at the back, one labelled PC, one labelled TV and one labelled CD. If you put it in to channal A of PC for instance, make sure that the Buttkicker is installed on channel A output. Also check the little dial on the front in switched around to PC and the volume is not turned down.

First I'd make sure that you are getting the correct signal through the RCA lead you have running to the amp (perhaps plug the sub in to it and ensure its working). Where do you have it plugged in? There should be 3 sets at the back, one labelled PC, one labelled TV and one labelled CD. If you put it in to channal A of PC for instance, make sure that the Buttkicker is installed on channel A output. Also check the little dial on the front in switched around to PC and the volume is not turned down.
ive tried every way .im stumped if i put a usb in the amp and play a song i get vibration through the kickers .brand new 2 to 1 cable with a brand new y splitter into my sub out and i get nothing. im running duel 10 inch subs .its got me stumped but mind you im borderline retarded when it comes to this stuff.
oh and thanks for your reply any help is appreciated and im grateful for it

Have you tried running the sub from the lead you are trying to run the shakers from to ensure it works?
subs are on a subwoofer cable not speaker .
ive gone through just about every option i can think of and cant understand what the problem is the reciver only 2 years old onkyo 7.2

subs are on a subwoofer cable not speaker .
ive gone through just about every option i can think of and cant understand what the problem is the reciver only 2 years old onkyo 7.2
Makes sure simvibe is using the correct soundcard and that the card is set to quadraphonic.

The OP is on console. For console just go to Ebay and find one of the old Aura shaker seat cushions. Works great for console. It's cheap. But I would try find good BK.

Hopefully project Scorpio will start branching the gap between consoles and PCs.

Last edited:
im not going through sim vibe or pc .it should not be this bloody difficult lol. i bet you its something so simple that its staring me right in the face

Hi Deadhorse

Are you using a PS4? I haven't connected tactile to my PS4 yet, but on PS3 I set the console to multi-output - this sends a signal to all the outputs - via HDMI to the TV which is muted, via optical to the home cinema sound system and via RCA outputs to a subwoofer amp. If you can try this approach and see if you get any shaking.

Hi Deadhorse

Are you using a PS4? I haven't connected tactile to my PS4 yet, but on PS3 I set the console to multi-output - this sends a signal to all the outputs - via HDMI to the TV which is muted, via optical to the home cinema sound system and via RCA outputs to a subwoofer amp. If you can try this approach and see if you get any shaking.
im on pspro and Xbox1s, ill give this a shot and have a tweak around. I did not even realize that i would have to go into settings.
Thanking you kindly for the help

Back