Semi-endurance championship March 31 - Street cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jawehawk
  • 179 comments
  • 10,421 views
I think a when the 135i breaks in fully with oil change, its over 315. i have almost 200 miles with no engine mods, 308hp with no oil change

edit. i actually changed the oil when i first got the car, it was at 310 with oil change 0 miles.
 
I think a when the 135i breaks in fully with oil change, its over 315. i have almost 200 miles with no engine mods, 308hp with no oil change

If that is the case, it won't be allowed into the race. Though I won't ban it until someone can confirm that it breaks the limit.
 
If that is the case, it won't be allowed into the race. Though I won't ban it until someone can confirm that it breaks the limit.

I think it's actually 320 or something like that. Is there a BHP limit to this race?
 
i finished breaking in the car, with all black oil, 305bhp. we could just be not allowed to change oil. 10bhp less than others
 
I think it's actually 320 or something like that. Is there a BHP limit to this race?

Read the entire OP please. In regard to this question, reading the "restriction" section is a good idea.
 
i finished breaking in the car, with all black oil, 305bhp. we could just be not allowed to change oil. 10bhp less than others

Participants aren't forced to change oil.
 
i finished breaking in the car, with all black oil, 305bhp. we could just be not allowed to change oil. 10bhp less than others

Myth busted.

mythbusters.jpg
 
ok, i guess the 135i will not change oil then. 305bhp/1300kg
 
I'm definitely interested. Is the VW Golf R '10 still available?
 
I'm definitely interested. Is the VW Golf R '10 still available?

Yes it is. Shall I add you and the Golf to the list of participants?
 
Before I commit, I have a question. What time will the race begin in Central Standard Time? (CST)
 
Before I commit, I have a question. What time will the race begin in Central Standard Time? (CST)

I believe the lobby opens at 12.00 CST, with the race beginning at 13.00 CST.
 
The BMW seems to be quicker compared to the other cars as far i can tell. Yesterday me and Andy did a (unplanned) test session on Spa. I tried the BMW at 1450 kg (by means of adding ballast) and i was surprised to see me lapping the same times as the day before at 1300 kg. Maybe i was driving **** that day :). The effect of the extra 150 kg's was barely noticable (wtf PD).

I also tried the Nissan 200ZX, with a bit of practise this car is pretty quick. The brakes are not that great, at least compared to the RX8. Andy managed to outbrake me on the last chicane before the finish in the last lap and took the win.

The Acura NSX is not recommended when using DS3. It slides a lot so i couldn't keep up with the RX8.

i want to do some more testing and compare laptimes in order to make a good comparison. Will there be any practise session this weekend? I'm going to do some testing anyway :).
 
i want to do some more testing and compare laptimes in order to make a good comparison. Will there be any practise session this weekend? I'm going to do some testing anyway :).

I'm free tommorow, and I will also be availible tonight after M8h3r's Nascar event.
 
I'll join tomorrow. I'm going to drink some pints with me mates downtown tonight, yarrrrr. So i won't join this evening :).
 
Let me know when your finished and I will come in.
 
The BMW seems to be quicker compared to the other cars as far i can tell. Yesterday me and Andy did a (unplanned) test session on Spa. I tried the BMW at 1450 kg (by means of adding ballast) and i was surprised to see me lapping the same times as the day before at 1300 kg. Maybe i was driving **** that day :). The effect of the extra 150 kg's was barely noticable (wtf PD).

I tried it with the extra 150kgs, i felt a huge difference, i was much slower than using the rx8 at 1300kg. since we cant change oil or do engine mods, i tested it again at 1300kg and found rx8 and the bmw to be really close.
 
The Nascar race took longer than expected (2 hours and 37 minutes), so no practice tonight.
 
Jawehawk
The Nascar race took longer than expected (2 hours and 37 minutes), so no practice tonight.

Haha I'm not sure whether it was worth it or not :lol:

Now thats out of the way I'll be attending every practice session I can 👍
 
It look quite good, you were both doing well. Watch a couple of laps, was good.
 
Practice session will be opened at around 13.00 GMT.
 
It look quite good, you were both doing well. Watch a couple of laps, was good.
Had a couple of good battles,👍 unfortunatly it was ruined by some dirty driving.👎
Practice session will be opened at around 13.00 GMT.
I'll be there 👍👍👍
 
Room is up!!! Room number is 1472-4711-0467-9858-5111.
 
Jawehawk
Room is up!!! Room number is 1472-4711-0467-9858-5111.

10 minute and I'll be there 👍
 
That's like 8:00 CST for me lol, too early.. do you guys ever do any sessions during the evening?
 
That's like 8:00 CST for me lol, too early.. do you guys ever do any sessions during the evening?

The times of our practice sessions vary greatly.

This practice has ended. The next session will focus primarily on the Nordsleife. I'd also like to test out a possible new rule, where only FF cars are allowed supension mods. This is in no way a established rule yet, though I'd like to test it, just to see if it will bring the grid closer.

Next session might be tommorow evening at 19.00 GMT. I'll confirm this tommorow.
 
Last edited:
The times of our practice sessions vary greatly.

Corrected. I'll probably come along at 7 tomorrow.
 
Jawehawk
The times of our practice sessions vary greatly.

This practice has ended. The next session will focus primarily on the Nordsleife. I'd also like to test out a possible new rule, where only FF cars are allowed supension mods. This is in no way a established rule yet, though I'd like to test it, just to see if it will bring the grid closer.

Next session might be tommorow evening at 19.00 GMT. I'll confirm this tommorow.

I'll help you test this. I must first write down my suspension tuning as I like it and would forget it :)
 
How about excluding the FF cars :). You have one problem less to be concerned with. I don't know if it will bring the field closer together, what's the gap between the FF and the other cars btw?

The sports suspension kit has very limited adjustment options (and range). Besides camber your basically still driving with stock suspension. Maybe for FF cars you should allow the fully customizable suspension kit and limited slip diff.
 
Back