Sems presents and owns the most Boring car in GTPlanet (New car advice needed )

sems4arsenal

Nissan Sunny FTW
Premium
Egypt
Cairo, Egypt
GTP_SEMS
A month or so a go I started a thread so that my mother would get a new car, with your help and input we got an awesome little blue Fiesta.

Which means I now own her old car a 2006(probably) Nissan Sunny/Versa/whatever . We call it the DUCK

Specs

it had a 118 BHP (Powaaaaaaaaaaaaar) now it doesn't
MPGs you say, yep got some.
Brakes? Naaahhhhhhhh
It is or was comfortable but the suspension has been beaten to death, still a pretty decent ride.
It handles like a dream....... Ok I lied.
It has a cheap-ish looking interior and a bland exterior but it's not ugly.

What's wrong with it?

Well I need new brake pads that's for a start
Bumpers need respray
Right Mirror used to be electrical
Needs a decent set of speakers to compliment my XPLODE (got a deal on it don't judge)

anyway Pics time (they are a tad old, it's in worse condition now)

IMG_20120102_131800.jpg
IMG_20120417_151052.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20120102_131800.jpg
    IMG_20120102_131800.jpg
    653.2 KB · Views: 9
Tails remind me if first gen Lexus RX, looks better than the sentra/versa we get here IMO. By the way you don't even need horsepower to do handbrake turns :sly:
EDIT: don't even think of removing that cool "super saloon" badge

Tails remind me if first gen Lexus RX, looks better than the sentra/versa we get here IMO. By the way you don't even need horsepower to do handbrake turns :sly:
EDIT: don't even think of removing that cool "super saloon" badge
I call it the "SS" because it's as big as a ship :P . As for handbrake turns, it doesn't do a full 180 unless there is a bit of dirt on the ground :lol: also I think I've ruined the cable adjustment or something, the handbrake on the slightest hill is useless and I do mean useless :lol:

Re New Versa, that one actually made the resale value of my car higher and the demand of it is increasing as the new one is weaker and not nicer.

Needs stickers! Get a bunch of performance strickers and put them on the back window lol.,

:lol: Well Slash it actually now has a Monster Energy decal I got from a drift event(I was a spectator don't worry :lol: ) and the shop where I installed the XPLODE put their sticker on my car by themselves (it was free installation so I guess it evens itself out).

I really wanted a Save the ring badge but won't be of much use now :( . Maybe I'll put a GTPlanet one.

No, no... I agree with him. You don't know the horror that is the N16 Sunny... it makes the B16 Sentra feel like a GT-R in comparison. It really is the most boring car ever on the road... :D

Multiple Sentra owner/driver here...

@sems4arsenal
Your car isn't the most boring, you should have seen the 1996 Saturn I had several years ago. About the same color as yours. I think you even have at least 2 more hp than that car had. :lol:
No, no... I agree with him. You don't know the horror that is the N16 Sunny... it makes the B16 Sentra feel like a GT-R in comparison. It really is the most boring car ever on the road... :D

Multiple Sentra owner/driver here...

I have no doubt my family bought it because it is the most boring car ever and the one with the worst Auto you'll ever experience.

:lol: Well Slash it actually now has a Monster Energy decal I got from a drift event(I was a spectator don't worry :lol: ) and the shop where I installed the XPLODE put their sticker on my car by themselves (it was free installation so I guess it evens itself out).

Automatic free horsepower!

A question guys, how do I remove stubborn car decals easily? (heard olive oil or a hair dryer works)

Well it worked, armed with olive oil and a Spatula It took me 45 minutes to remove a Decal, want to remove two more.

Any one have any ideas about cheap mods (Visual or performance)? Thinking about maybe LED/HID front headlamps since the stock ones suck, but need to make sure I can have them installed don't want to blind other drivers, I need to repaint the back bumper aswell. If you have any ideas to spice up the duck feel free to share.

I don't know what's worse, your first car being a boring saloon or "my" first car (which will be shared by my mom, my dad and by me :lol:) which is a 2001 Renault Scénic...

I don't know what's worse, your first car being a boring saloon or "my" first car (which will be shared by my mom, my dad and by me :lol:) which is a 2001 Renault Scénic...

It's not a boring saloon, it's the most boring one, I'd trade you anyday :lol:

It's not a boring saloon, it's the most boring one, I'd trade you anyday :lol:

This is the car I'm talking about.

It has 115HP, 2.0L engine.

(Random pic on the internet by the way, not exactly the one my parents own).
renault_scenic_1_6_cinza_20012001_gasolina_em_porto_alegre_97666905647517755.jpg

This is the car I'm talking about.

It has 115HP, 2.0L engine.

(Random pic on the internet by the way, not exactly the one my parents own).
renault_scenic_1_6_cinza_20012001_gasolina_em_porto_alegre_97666905647517755.jpg

Yeah I know the Scenic, I bet it drives alot better than mine.

Yeah I know the Scenic, I bet it drives alot better than mine.

I can say for sure because I still haven't got driven it (two weeks away from 18), but I can't be so sure.. My dad says it's a wonderful car though.

I can say for sure because I still haven't got driven it (two weeks away from 18), but I can't be so sure.. My dad says it's a wonderful car though.

It's got crap steering, a terrible auto box, it only understeers, it has no grip, it's very slow. You can't beat that :P

For a reason i liked these small nissans , they kinda look nice and there reliable and there cheap to maintain and parts are in every autoshop , so i hope you will enjoy a good time with your nissan

For a reason i liked these small nissans , they kinda look nice and there reliable and there cheap to maintain and parts are in every autoshop , so i hope you will enjoy a good time with your nissan

You nailed it, this thing is insanely reliable, it's been driven hard on harsh conditions and nothing has gone wrong by itself. It isn't small though(unless you mean the price) it's wide too so not that easy to park in a busy city.

Right I'm almost done with my finals and I'm starting to plan my summer project for the duck

A Plastidip shop is opening here in Egypt and I've been contacting them to get some to spray my rims, question is which color(matte black is looking favorable)also thinking about dipping the mirrors and adding a black front lip.

Some inspiration
loaded_all_power_2005_nissan_sentra_gx_on_sale_96635406676169312.jpg

also :eek:

cfa84f54.jpg

Personally I wouldn't do mirrors, makes it look like a cheaper spec car. The other things seem nice though. Whatever you do post up 👍

Personally I wouldn't do mirrors, makes it look like a cheaper spec car. The other things seem nice though. Whatever you do post up 👍

Thanks mate, so would you recommend dipping the wheel matte black?

here's a side view of my car with the stock rims

2014-05-23 15.48.55.jpg

Thanks mate, so would you recommend dipping the wheel matte black?

here's a side view of my car with the stock rims
In that case it's more of a mater of personal taste, I generally don't like black wheels but like I said it's what you like, your car. However, you should also consider other offerings like gunmetal and what can be done with the metallizer

Plastidip in matte from it's structure will be very hard to clean on rims (brake dust will incrust in the rough structure of the dip). Apply a gloss or metallizer to even the coats further. It should be easier to clean.

And you need lots of coats on the rims, because heat and rotation forces pulling contantly on the dip.

In that case it's more of a mater of personal taste, I generally don't like black wheels but like I said it's what you like, your car. However, you should also consider other offerings like gunmetal and what can be done with the metallizer
Interesting, yeah I haven't decided yet just weighing my options. Thanks for your advice.

Plastidip in matte from it's structure will be very hard to clean on rims (brake dust will incrust in the rough structure of the dip). Apply a gloss or metallizer to even the coats further. It should be easier to clean.

And you need lots of coats on the rims, because heat and rotation forces pulling contantly on the dip.

Hmmm I see where you're going, I'll probably won't do it untill late June from my knowledge however it will take atleast 5 coats right?

:lol: Hammond described it perfectly.

Plasti-dipping is incredibly easy, do it yourself if you're going to go that route.

Personally though? I wouldn't bother doing it do the stock rims and especially not the mirrors. You'll just make your car look cheap and nasty.

Save your money and keep an eye out for some nice rims going for cheap, I got mine for 450 bucks with tyres and they're genuine Wedsports so I'm sure you can find a nice alternative for your car :)

Plasti-dipping is incredibly easy, do it yourself if you're going to go that route.

Personally though? I wouldn't bother doing it do the stock rims and especially not the mirrors. You'll just make your car look cheap and nasty.

Save your money and keep an eye out for some nice rims going for cheap, I got mine for 450 bucks with tyres and they're genuine Wedsports so I'm sure you can find a nice alternative for your car :)

The only reason I would prefer to stick with the stock rims is so that the car's value won't decrease, those stock rims are worth a pretty penny here.

The only reason I would prefer to stick with the stock rims is so that the car's value won't decrease, those stock rims are worth a pretty penny here.

So keep them for re-sale? *Shrugs*

Back