Senoir Year Drag: Now Hiring! Chapter 7 on it's way.

• Thread starter oopssorryy
  • 36 comments
oops_sorryy
I thought I'd give this fan fiction deal a good ol' community college try! Maybe all the reading I do will pay off after all. Please tell be what you think, but please be kind!

Chapter 1: The Gift

Kyle rose to his feet, with adrenaline flooding his body. It didn't matter that he had just spilled his large soda, or that he had gotten sunburnt though out the course of the day. All that mattered was the roar of the engines growing closer and closer. Sweat beaded on his brow as he stood up craning his neck to see around the last corner, urging the racers with his thought. At last! He could see the leader, it was just a white spec out in the distance. Was it him?

Cape Ring North by oopssorry, on Flickr

Toyota Supra 2.5GT Twin Turbo R '90
Race Weight 2700 lbs
Race HP 354

Yes, Kyle recognized the white Supra drifting around the last bend, and with no sign of 2nd place either. Kyle ran out of the bleachers, making a b line towards the pits. He had to be there, he had to see his months of hard work pay off. He got there just as the Supra pulled into Victory Lane. It's driver climbed out of the window, just getting out as Kyle got to him.

"DAD! You won!"

"Whow sawh thabt?"

"Take your helmet off, I can't understand you!"

After a moment of fiddling, the helmet let go of Kyle's dad.

"You saw that? I thought you were going to stay with the trailer?"

"Are you kidding, I was on the finish line! I couldn't miss this, me and you put the who summer into this car. I had to see
it's maiden voyage!"

"Yeah and what a start it was, I'm told I was 4 seconds ahead of the R34. I didn't think I'd get past that monster! But it lost it's footing in the loop and powered past him. I've got to go collect my winnings, meet me back at the trailer in about an hour."

"Alright dad, see ya soon"

Kyle watched his dad walk towards the podium get his trophy and massive fake check. Once the reporters started flooding in Kyle started his 1/2 mile walk back to the trailer. He couldn't believe it. Kyle and his dad spent the whole summer making the old Supra race ready. Swapping out the 7M-GTE with a 2JZ-GTE, installing a 6 speed transmission, a custom LSD, a race suspension, and extensive body lighting and strengthening. And for it to win it's first race on the infamous Cape Ring track, that was just the icing on the cake. He opened the door to the trailer and surveyed the wreak he and his father had made of it. Last minute set ups and tuning tend to destroy a work place. Kyle moved some of the bottles of random engine fluids around until he found what he was looking for.

"I should have listened to him and put on sun screen, now I have to use this Aloe Vera crap. I hate it, stuffs so cold!"

After the Aloe was applied, Kyle flopped down on his fold out bed, the heat of the early Georgian autumn wearing away at his endurance. Before he knew it, Kyle had passed out, and it was only 4 PM!

(2 Hours later)

"Kyle Wake Up!"

"Huh? Wha...."

"How long you been asleep Kyle? It's 6."

"I don't know, I got here around 4.30..."

"Well get up I got something to show you."

Kyle dragged himself out of his makeshift bed, found his shoes and followed his dad outside

"What do you want to show me? I don't see anything."

"It's not here, it's out at the track. Hop in the Supra, it'll be faster."

"But the Supra only has one seat! I've sat on the floor once and that was enough for me!"

"Nah I put in a bucket seat in there just for you."

"Like a bucket for water, or bucket car seat?"

"Get in and you'll find out."

It was the 5 gallon bucket he and his dad used to drain the old oil earlier that day. Thankfully for Kyle the trip was a short one, so he didn't suffer much.

"So your birthday is coming up in a month, and I thought I'd get you your birthday present a little early."

"Really what is it? Could you not fit it in the car?"

"You could say that." His father grinning at this statement."

They stopped at the finish line and got out, there were a few wrecked cars on the track, getting loaded into their respective trailers, but Kyle didn't see any boxes on the rumble strips."

"Where is it dad? I don't see anything"

His dad put his arm around Kyle's shoulder and pointed to his right "It's right in front of your face son!"

"Were I still don't..."

Cape Ring by oopssorry, on Flickr

"You got me a wrecked car?"

"Hey now it's not all bad! I thought we could build it up together, like we did the Supra. Plus this way you'll know how to fix her if anything breaks. You can drive her to school and..."

"But school starts in two weeks! Do you really think we'll have it done by then. It looks really beat up!"

"Yeah, she got punted in the first hairpin and spun out. But the bodies true, so it just needs a new engine, transmission, suspension, and some body panels."

Cape Ring_2 by oopssorry, on Flickr

"Just? That's a lot of work dad! I didn't ever think I'd have to drop another tranny in again!"

"Trust me, we'll have it done, and you'll love it! I've already bought all the parts we need, and am having them over nighted we can start tomorrow if you wanted."

"Well we have to if I want to drive it to school!"

Last edited:
Looks promising, but remember to use "should have" rather than "should of". 👍

Thank you both! I'll go in and edit that now, I was never that great at English... But i know my books! Chapter 2 will be up next week.

Just as an update, chapter 2 will no pictures. Because I chose a non premium car, I'm limited on the pictures I can take. Hope you guys like it!

Again, no pictures in this chapter, and it's rather text heavy. I hope you guy's like it!

Chapter 2: What doesn't kill you...

"ARGGG"

"You alright?"

"Yeah, some grit just fell in my eyes, can you finish up connecting the driveshaft? I've got to get this junk out of my eyes."

"I can handle that. It's 14mm right?"

"Yup, the wrench is still hanging on one of the bolts down there."

After a couple minutes of Kyle struggling with the bolts, the last one was in. The MR2 was finally done. After a moment of scooting, Kyle got out from under the car. It'd been just nine days since his dad had given him the MR2. Nine long, hard days of work. The first day was filled with dropping the engine and transmission. The second day Kyle and his dad ripped off the body panels and gutted the interior. On day three the new suspension set up came and got installed. Then they had to wait a couple for the engine, transmission and wiring harness to get there but once it got there on day five and it was all put on day seven. On day eight Kyle and his dad put in the light weight body panels and interior. And today they put in the vacuum lines, wired it all up, and connected the drive shaft up to the transmission.

"Your eye ok?"

"Still burns a bit, but I got all the crud out of it I think. You get that last drive shaft bolt snugged up?"

"Yeah were all ready to fire her up, just need to put the battery in it."

"I've got it right here, lets put it in, and see if she fires. Get in and I'll tell you when to turn the key."

Kyle hopped in to his car and slumped down into the new bucket seats. The seats squeezed against his sides holding them in place.

"It feels like the car is tucking me in." Kyle thought with a laugh.

"Okay, Kyle, try to start her up!"

The nerves were starting to mount, this was the big moment. Would she start, or did he and his dad miss some hidden wire, hose or bolt somewhere. Kyle slide the key in and slammed the clutch to the floor. Kyle turned the key and winced....

*SHIN SHIN SHIN BRUM*

"Yes! I can't believe it fired on the first try! give it a rev!"

"Alright!" Kyle was beside himself, his car lived!

As he push the accelerator the 1.6 four banger screamed with a fury. Kyle could feel the power coursing threw the whole car, trying to move it, trying to get out. Once the tachometer hit five grand the turbo would spoil up and add it's voice to the sweet music pouring out from the engine bay. It was like Bach was directing every sound and vibration coming from his
engine.

"Alright Kyle, ease off and put her into 1st. Lets get her out into the street and get her all washed up."

Kyle's dad slid into the passenger seat "Tight fit, I've got to loose some of this extra weight"

"Yeah I thought they were a bit tight to, maybe after they're used a bit, they'll soften up."

"They'd better, or that one friend of yours won't be able to get it!"

"Dad! Leave Dave alone!"

"I'm just saying! I don't know who he gets in that old Civic of his..."

"Hmm, honestly neither do I, just don't say anything to him. He's a bit self conscious about that."

"His Civic, I would be to."

"No dad, you know what I'm talking about"

"Alright, alright, I won't say anything to him. Park it right here."

Kyle and his dad got out and looked at the car, trying to admire there work. The car looked good other than the fact it was covered in oil and grease.

"So dad, how much did you pay for all of this?"

"About nine to ten grand."

"What! Were did you get all that money!"

"I won forty thousand at that last race, and couldn't think of a better way of spending it."

"But were did all that money go?"

"Well that car itself was 1500, I got engine already turbo'ed from a friend up in New England for 3000 plus shipping. The tranny was another 500, 2000 in tires and the new suspension and the rest went into body panels and the interior."

"But dad that's a lot of money!"

"I talked to your mom about it and she thought it was a good idea. now you don't have to drive her wagon around every were. You'd have your own car that you know how to work on, and be proud of."

"....Thanks dad, I don't know what to say. I mean how am I going to pay for gas and insurance?"

"Me and your ma will pay for it until you can get a job, so your good for a couple months. Just enjoy your new car for a bit, then you can worry about it."

"Thanks dad..."

"Boys the pork chops are done! Stop looking at that car and get in here before they get cold!"

"Do we get mashed potatoes with those pork chops?"

"If you get in here quick enough."

"Come on, lets eat before your mom get's mad!"

(Hours Later)

"Dad, you think we could take the MR2 down to Cape tomorrow?"

"Well I don't see why we couldn't, you want to see how does?"

"Yeah, I want to get to know her."

"We can do that, try and get up early so we don't run into the tourist crowd. And you won't have to hold back either."

"I thought you had to give the engine so time to break in? I didn't think you could push it when our doing that."

"This was a back up engine, John told me it had about 6000 miles on it. So no break in required, it's red line is 9250RPM."

"That high! Most Honda's don't even rev up that far!"

"You have to remember this is a racing engine hooked up to a street legal exhaust. This baby is a lot better than any Honda four cylinder."

"How much power does it have?"

"Well with a racing exhaust system hooked up, it'll run right around 235hp, but with this setup we have now it'll probably hit 220 with no real problem."

"Only 220? That's not really anything to brag about...."

"Well it is if your car only weighs around 2000 pounds."

"It's that light? That's like half of an Explorer!"

"Yeah 220HP per ton is pretty good, even for today's standards. I doubt anything at your school will be able to keep up on those back roads."

"What are you talking about? I don't street race!"

"You don't have to lie to me, I know you've raced your mom's car, I can tell from the tire wear after you drive it."

"Ummm, I'm not in trouble am I?"

"Just as long as you didn't break anything, or wreak your mom's car I was fine with it. One question, did you win?"

"Yeah, a couple times. That old Subaru wagon's got more power than people would think. And it's not all that bad in the corners."

"Yeah I'm not allowed to drive it anymore, I raced a Neon and your mom got pissed. So when I got the trailer for the car, I got the Tacoma to haul it, and it became my daily driver."

"Your raced a Neon?"

"Yeah, it was one of those kids who put a cold air intake and a 3 inch exhaust in there car and think they have a track car. I left it for dead in the first moments of the race."

"Hahaha, yeah I know the type."

"We need to turn early if were going to get to the track early."

"Alright, thanks again dad."

"Just don't wreak her, and we'll be even. Get to bed Kyle, see you in the morning."

"Night dad."

Nice chapter, I don't mind the lack of pictures.

Chapter 3 MAKES YOU STRONGER

*DINg DING DING DING*

"Uh...It's 9 already?"

Kyle slowly rolled out of bed, trying to wake up the whole time. He gathered up some his clothes for the day and headed towards the shower. After he got out of the shower Kyle felt a bit more alert. Kyle made his way to the kitchen to find that his dad was already awake and dress.

"Coffees in the pot."

"MhK"

"How late did you stay up?"

"I don't know, feel asleep around 2ish"

"You excited?"

"Yeah I stayed up playing GT5, driving the MR2 they have on Cape Ring."

"Well the real thing is completely different, and if you try those speeds today I'll kill you."

"I know dad, I know. When we leaving?"

"I was just waiting on you, track opens at 10, so we can leave now and still have stop to get so food."

"Alright lets go!"

The car ride was an eventful one, full of missed shift points, wrong gears, and sudden braking and accelerating. Half way though the car ride they stopped for some hash browns and breakfast burritos. They arrived at Cape Ring at 9:53, Kyle's dad convinced the track manager to let them in a couple minutes early, so they were the only people there.

"Take it easy the first couple of laps, get to know the track before you start to race it. On you're fourth lap I want you to push yourself until your uncomfortable, I'll tell you when to brake. Alright?"

"Yeah dad I've got ya."

Then it began, Kyle would remember this day for the rest of his life. It was the first day he really found out just how fast his little MR2 could really be! For the first lap he only went about 60MPH. His second he hit 75, and he hit 85 in the third lap.

"Pull into the pits, before we start your hot lap."

Kyle just nodded, he didn't think he could talk. The MR2 had taken his breath away. Even though it had less power that the Subaru wagon, it was faster. It could hold better lines threw the corners, and he could brake later with the MR2. He had never driven a car this good. He couldn't explain the way he felt when he was driving her, but he knew it was just....right.

"Alright, your doing pretty good, you've got your braking points pretty well marked out, and your steering inputs are nice and smooth. There's just couple things I want you to know before you go balls to the walls. The first thing is don't be to aggressive with the throttle coming out of a turn, MR cars like to try to swap their back ends when people do this to them. Just roll the throttle on and be gentle and smooth. And secondly when we're at the loop, if you start to loose it, don't hit the brakes. That'll cause us to spin out, and if you do that I'm driving home. If you start to go wide or the tail of the car starts to kick out just SLOWLY let off the throttle. Once you get the car back under control hold that speed until we exit the loop. Other wise listen for me to tell brake and you'll be fine. Got all that"

"Yeah dad I heard you, think I'll do alright?

"If we come out of this lap alive and with a time under 4 minutes 30 I think you have some potential for racing."

"Alright I try for 4 minutes flat!"

And with that Kyle rocketed out of the pits. Once they got on the straight, the MR2's turbo brought forth it's battle cry! Kyle braked hard into the first turn, his dad staying oddly quite. Kyle flew threw the first half of the track, pushing his nerves to the max. never in his life had he taken corners this aggressively. And yet his dad never said a single word.

"Alright, lets push this just a bit further" Thought Kyle, as he put his foot to the floor. The car screamed in agreement and slammed him back into the seats with sudden G forces. "After this turn is the loop, surly he'll dad will say something there!"

Kyle hit 90MPH as he accelerated towards the hill to the loop.

"Brake easy 10 yards from the top of the hill."

"Got cha." It was all Kyle could manage to say at the time.

He followed his dad's advice and hit the brakes before the crest of the hill, slowing down to about 75. When the car popped over the hill and managed not to catch any air. He felt the car raise up a bit, but the tires stuck to the tarmac... somehow.

"Alright go for it."

And that's just what Kyle did. He Shifted in to 5th so that he didn't have to shift during the loop, and floored it. He hit 85 before he got into the loop. He kept his foot down in though the turn until he hit 97MPH, at that speed he felt his tail start to go soft. If he pushed any further, the MR2's tail would start to slide out. It was the most exciting moment of Kyle's life, he felt on top of the world, in complete control of his car. He tried to take it all in, the subtle vibrations, the sound of the engine, the squealing tires, the smell of the inside of the car. As impossible as it was Kyle tried as hard as he possible could. And as quickly as it began, it was over, Kyle had to brake for the up coming S curves. Even after braking hard, he manage to get hold a steady 75 through them.

"Final hairpin after this short straight, and then the final sprint to the finish!" Kyle speed his way towards the hairpin, planing on late braking.

"Brake hard!"

The sound of fathers voice scarred him, and he slammed on the brakes. He cranked the wheel as sharply as he could and took a tight line around the corner. As soon as he saw the final straight, Kyle pushed the accelerator all the way to the floor. The MR2's tail swung wide, sending the father and son in to a drift.

"COUNTER STEER!"

But Kyle didn't hear his dad this, he was focused only finishing the lap. Kyle reacted quickly, counter steering, just enough to hold the drift. As soon as Kyle saw that he had a straight shot to the finish, he ended the drift and shoot towards finish.

"Son I don't know if I should kill you, or hug you, but you just gave me the scare of my life!"

"But did I do well? Do you think I got 4 minute lap?"

"It'll be close, we'll have to ask the track manager for your times. One question, were the hell did you learn to drift?"

"Well, do you remember when Grandpa let me take a spin in his '65 Shelby Mustang?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well Grandpa was sliding around corners and I asked him how he was doing it. So he showed me. I never managed it with the Subaru though."

"Damn old man... And of course you could drift the Impreza, it's got four wheel drive!
"

Kyle pulled into the pits, and parked the MR2. He and his father hopped out and walked to managers building.

*knock knock.....squeak*

"What do you need Brice?"

"I just need the lap time for that last run."

"Hang on a quick second..."

The anticipation was killing Kyle, was he fast enough to get his father's ok? Did he meet his 4 minute goal?

"Ah looks like you ran a 3:58.7."

"Really? Alright, thanks Conner."

Kyle's stomach flipped. He'd thought that he'd been fast but never in his wildest dreams did he think he would actually get under 4 minutes!

As Kyle and his dad walked towards the MR2, Kyle's dad turned and looked at Kyle.

"Well it looks as if I'll have to teach you about racing now!"

Last edited:
Nice chapter! He knows how to Countersteer! Perhaps he'll learn more?
Remember, we're always here to act as stand-in props for your story.(well, most of us)

Nice chapter! He knows how to Countersteer! Perhaps he'll learn more?
Remember, we're always here to act as stand-in props for your story.(well, most of us)

That's right, countersteer! Lol, I figured for an 18 year old, knowing how to drift would be an impressive thing. And he'll defiantly learn more, it's just might take a while.

I didn't have time to take pics this week, I was all booked up and couldn't find the time. They will posted along with next weeks story (it's racing time!). My Interweb just isn't good enough for online play with others, I get complaints that I'm causing glitching and freezing so for the sake of others online I don't wonder off there except for the seasonals :guilty:

Great story. Nice chapter name as well 👍
I'm with Machate on the stand in props as well :lol:. There's a few spelling errors though :indiff:

Please point out said spelling errors and I'll fix them ASAP. I try to use Firefox, but it can't catch everything. It would be much appreciated!

Nice, it's good to see that not everyone is basing it on street racing or making the main character a girl (not trying to sound sexist), keep it up 👍

Due to PSN going down, my interweb already being junk, and the fact that none of my friends want to race me, I have to cease taking pics for this story. I will try to write out the races as best as I can. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Chapter 4 FOURxFOUR=?

"Have fun at school today Kyle"

"Yeah we'll see mom...."

"Come on Kyle, it's your first day in your senior year. What could be so bad?"

"I don't know, the school part of it?"

"AW now hush up, once you get out of school, you'll miss it. Trust me, I did."

"That's because you liked school."

"Alright, I won't say I told you so. do you have your lunch money?"

"Yup, grabbed it off the kitchen table."

"Do you need gas money?"

"Nah, I've got about a 1/2 tank left."

"Alright, have a good day, love you.

"Love you to mom, bye."

And with that Kyle was off. He glanced down at the clock and read 6:27 AM. "Man it's to early to be up!" Kyle took the long way to school, taking the back roads before he hopped onto the highway and went into Shavian. The MR2 blasted around the tight corners and hills, ignoring speed limit's the whole way 'round. All Kyle wanted was to feel the way he did back on the
Loop, but he'd driven those back roads so much that even going at breakneck speeds, it was just another drive for him. So eventually Kyle took and entrance ramp and got on the the highway.

(30 minutes later)
Kyle was the first one at his school, so he sat in the MR2 for a bit. He turned on the radio for the first time and just reclined his seat. He was just going to wait until 7:30 to get out, as the school was locked until then.

*BANG BANG BANG*

"Hey Kyle! You alive in there?"

"What the..." Kyle had dosed of in his waiting. "Uh, hey Dave.... What time is it?"

"It's about 7:30"

"Alright, hang on."
Kyle sat his seat up and got out of his car.

"So this is your new...old car?"

"Yeah, what do you think?"

"Well, it's a old isn't it?"

"Look who's talking, how old is the old Civic of yours?"

"Yeah, yeah, keep talking trash. I bet my little CR-X could stomp your SR2."

"MR2"

"Whatever, I could totally beat you in a race."

"We'll see about that."

The two friends continued their argument all the way to the school doors, then they had to part ways to get to their respective home room. It was a long day for Kyle, full of introductions and class out lines. Nothing of real importance got done, but what can you expect from your first day?

*RING RING*

"Finally,"
thought Kyle, "I didn't think that day was ever going to end."

Kyle practically ran through the crowd, fighting his way towards the parking lot. He wanted to get some more driving time in his MR2. His dad told him that every Sunday they would work on his driving skill.

"You brake pretty early, and you're conservative in the bends. Your throttle control is decent, but there's always room for improvement."

"Brake to early? I thought I was braking at the last second! I guess I'm just going to have to work on my skills"
Kyle opened and was about to get in....

"Hey, your not leaving without me are you?" Yelled Dave as he huffed and puffed his way up to Kyle.

"You're not going to drive your own car home?"

"Were supposed to race me you idiot!"

"I don't think you want to do that. This car has been built and tuned up quite a bit."

"Does it still have a four banger in it?"

"Well, yeah but..."

"Then it's on! My ol' CR-X won't lose to this little Kie car!"

"Hey the MR2 isn't a Kie car! You asked for it, now I'm going to rip you a new one. Follow me to the back back roads near my house, and I'll show you what she can do!"

"Alright I'll follow you there."

Dave's CR-X
Honda CR-X SiR '90
Street Power 143HP
Street weight 2177 lbs

Kyle's MR2
Toyota MR2 1600 G '86
Stree Power 230HP
Street Weight 2129 lbs

During the drive over Dave passed Kyle, but that was ok, the real race wasn't until the to the some of the curvier back back roads. Kyle could feel the bass from the tiny CR-X, in fact it rattled his rear view mirror! "Why do all Civic drivers have massive sub woofers?"

Once the pair got into the deep, forgotten back roads they pulled over to set up the race.

"So stay on Trial Street, hop on to Mountain Pass, and then on to River View until it meets up with Trail and we'll meet back here."

"Sound good to me. You think that big stupid wing will slow you down much?"

"Not as much as that sound system of yours will!"

"It's not that heavy, I only have two 12's in the back."

"Isn't that a little over kill? I mean you can barely get two passengers in you Civic!"

"It's not a Civic! It's a CR-X!"

"What ever, lets race!"

The two friends lined up side by side, being a back road they didn't fear on coming traffic. kyle honked his horn three times and they were off. The little MR2 burned it's rear tires until they found grip. "I wonder how expensive tires are for this thing..."

Kyle threw his car into the first series of bends, the body roll and G forces slinging him hard to the right, then the left, and then again to the right. The whole time Dave's CR-X stayed firmly planted on rear bumper. "I can swear I can hear what he's listening to...The Swagga by The Gorillaz!"

Slamming on the brakes, Kyle turned into the tunnel, were Mountain Pass Road begins. Dave braked way early, and then understeered as he tried to use his cars B16A engine to catch up. "And that's front wheel drive for you."

The next few turns went the same way, Kyle's more powerful, MR car blasting through the corners, while Dave's CR-X labored just to keep up. Even though Dave was a, surprisingly, impressive driver, he was slowly falling behind. "Finally the back straight! I'll leave him behind here."

Kyle did just that, his car roaring though the long tunnel. The MR2 gained a bit of air over each of the hills, all the while Dave was disappearing in Kyle's rear view mirror. Kyle hit 120MPH without realizing, and he overshoot his braking point, sending him wide though the curve were Mountain Pass meets River View. Only the MR2 impressive turning radius kept Kyle from loosing to much time.

The rest of the race was one sided, with Kyle easing his car to a dominate victory. Kyle turned off of River View after it's final sharp turns, and pulled back on to Trail Street. just as kyle pulled over and got out, Dave's CR-X joined him.

"Ha! I told you you and your Civic were in over their head!"

"IT'S NOT A CIVIC! A CR-X SiR and a Civic are completely different cars!"

"Yeah yeah, that's what you keep saying."

"How is your car that fast? I couldn't catch you anywhere and I've got a B16A!"

"I tried to tell you that, but somebody didn't listen."

"What did you do to the engine?"

"I'm not really sure, it was a crate engine my dad bought from a racing buddy, so we didn't do anything thing to the guts of the thing."

"A racing engine! How could you not tell me that, did it just slip your mind?!"

"No you just never gave me a chance to tell you! You want to come over to my house tonight? My dads grilling brats tonight!"

"You sure it'd be okay?"

"Are you kidding your always welcome at my house! Think of it like your second home."

"Alright, hop back in that race car of yours and we'll go."

"Cool, I hope your Civic can keep up!"

"IT'S NOT A CIVIC!"

The air was soon filled with the screams of two high revving machines, and the shouts of tires being pushed to their max!"

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind providing some assistance to your story. I think I have a CR-X gathering dust in my garage.

I'm always a bit sceptic with new race stories, but this very good actually.
I can see you put some effort into this and it shows.

Really the only advice I can give right now is for you to keep at it. 👍

Thanks guys, once PSN is back up, I'll see what I can do about the pics, hopefully some of you guy's can be my props! Again thank you for your continued support!

It's weird, I'm not good at reading colour-coded stories, but I'm catching onto the characters quite well :dopey:. Apart from a few more spelling/grammar errors, you're Fan-Fic is quickly becoming one of my favourites :)👍
I hate being a Grammar Nazi though :lol:

"You brake pretty early, and you're conservative in the bends. Your throttle control is decent, but there's always room for improvement."

[/COLOR][/B]

I'm glad your (? lol) enjoying my little story here, and honestly I need a grammar Nazi to police my horrible English. If it weren't for Firefox, this thread would be a mess!:scared:

CHAPTER 5 BIRTHDAY SURPRISE

"So this is what it's like to be 18." Thought Kyle with a grimace. "Doesn't really feel any different then yesterday, or the day be for that." Kyle rolled out of bed, beginning his morning routine. All of it feel the same, but then again, age is only a number. It's not like being 18 would magically make things better. By the time Kyle had this all figured out he was walking out the front door, keys in hand.

"Have a good day birthday boy!"

"Thanks mom, I'll try."

"Buck up, it's your birthday, today is a day you'll remember forever! Now get going!"

"Alright, alright. See ya later mom."

And with that Kyle was off. The day went pretty much as expected, teachers mentioning it in class, friends giving him small nick knacks. Kyle was getting in to his car to head home when....

"Kyle?"

Kyle spun quickly around, "Mellisa?"

"I don't know if you remember me.... I just wanted to wish you happy birthday!"

"Yeah, I remember...." Before kyle could finish she had ran off and hopped in a new Mazda Roadster and took off. Kyle slumped into his car, felling like there was 100 pounds sitting on his chest. "Forget? How could I ever forget her?"

Kyle and Mellisa dated in Sophomore year, and held it all together until Junior year, until her father felt that it was time to move. He didn't feel it was right for some one under him to date his daughter. So they moved to Florida, and left Kyle without a chance to say goodbye. "When did she come back? How come nobody told me?!"

When Kyle got home his mom had planned a surprise party for him. All of this good friends were there, and some of his family were there too. Kyle drifted though the crowd listening in to all the different conversations....

"How come you never told me you taught Kyle how to drift?"

"Didn't think it was something you needed to know."

"Didn't think! Now listen here..."

"His MR2 beat your CR-X? There's no way!"

"That's what I thought but it's had an engine swap and now...."

"You'll just have to tell me the recipe for this cake!"

"Aw, now you know us southern women don't give out our family recipes!"

At the end of the party Kyle was tired and full of cake and ice cream, his wallet full of pocket change, and mind with thoughts of Mellisa. After the party was over Kyle laid down in bed, head still spinning, when his mom opened the door.

"You have a good party hon?"

"Yeah mom, it was great."

"Good, I got you something, but I wanted to wait until everybody else was gone."

"What mom, you and dad already got me the car!"

"That was from your dad, this is from me." his mom walked into his room and sat on the edge of the bed. She handed him and bank card, "This has 5000 dollars on it, all of it in savings. I want you to put it towards your college fund ok?"

"Uh, yeah mom." Kyle was stunned, "Five grand? That's not just a chunk of change, that's a whole wallet! "You did have to..."

"I didn't have to, but I wanted too. Now go to sleep, you've still got school in the morning!"

"I know I do mom, but thanks...."

His mom only smiled as she closed the door.

(Next day)

Kyle and Dave sat down at the lunch table, the smell of school hamburgers filling the air.

"So how did you forget that Mellisa had come back?"

"What I thought that you knew!"

"How was I supposed to know? I don't have her in any of my classes, do you?"

"Well yeah, she's in my home room...."

"What? Ah Dave I should hit you."

"How was I supposed to know you didn't know?"

"Know what?"

"Did you know too Dylan?"

"Again know what?"

"That Mellisa was back!"

"What about it?"

"Ah, you guys will never understand."

"She's in my 6th period class, just follow me after lunch and you'll see her."

(After lunch)

"So did you really bet Dave in a race?"

"Yeah, that old car's pretty quick, and Dave's car is front wheel drive after all."

"And you've got a race engine in it."

"Huh who told you..."

"Shhh! There she is! Go get her!"

A lump of fear had just formed in Kyles throat, he could drive his MR2 well past 100 but talking to women still scared him to death! He swallowed his fear and marched up to her, "Hey!" was all he could manage. Even so Mellisa turned around.

"Kyle! How was your birthday?"

"Ah it was great, I wanted to tell you thanks for wishing me happy birthday."

"How could I not? Hey class is about to start, is your number still the same?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Good, I'll call you tonight! See ya!"

Kyle stood stunned for a second, and let her words sink in. Then he remembered that he still had to get to class! He ran as fast as he could through the hallways and upstairs, just barley making into his class before the bell rang.

"Ok class, get out a sheet of blank paper, it's pop quiz time." Said Kyle's math teacher, as monotone as ever.

*Sigh* "Why do I have to have math right after lunch?" Thought Kyle as he rustled threw his book bag. "Even so nothing can ruin this day!"

(2 hours later)

As Kyle walked out to his car he noticed a group of guys standing around his car. "Who are these guys? They must have their cars parked beside mine or something."

As Kyle neared his car one of the stranger yelled out. "Hey! You the guy who owns this car?"

"Ummm, yeah why?"

"I heard it's got a racing motor in it. I wanted to see if it's true."

"Yeah it true, what about it?"

"Good, you want to race?"

"Not really, I just want to go home."

"Listen your going to race, even if I have to follow you home. I'm going to show that just because your daddy has some money your no match for actual skill."

"What was that? Your asking for it. Whats your name and which car is yours?"

"I'm Ryo, and I drive the Mustang GT. It won't even be a challenge, my engines twice as big as the one in this POS!"

"Just follow me, and you'll see real skill."

Kyle sank into the bucket seat and slammed his car door, he'd never been his mad in his life. "Who is this punk?" He thought, his eyes glazing over red. "Nobody insults you, my little MR2!"

Last edited:
Just as an FYI

This is Kyle's color

This is Kyle's dad's color

Kyle's Mother

Kyle's Grandfather

Dave's color

Mellisa's color
(Is this color to bright?)

Dylan's color

Most other racers will be in this color (like Ryo)

And all none important characters will speak in black.

Last edited:
Nice chapter, although I'm kinda finding it hard to believe someone Japanese would drive a Mustang.

Back