Senoir Year Drag: Now Hiring! Chapter 7 on it's way.

• Thread starter oopssorryy
  • 36 comments
Nice chapter, although I'm kinda finding it hard to believe someone Japanese would drive a Mustang.

But what about a Japanese American? I chose the name for some to add some variety to the mix I have going on right now, didn't really think about nationalities. I figure, if 400 pound fat guy's can drive a Feiro then an Asian American can drive a Mustang. Plus Atlanta, Georgia is quite the hub of trade in the south, so I figured there would be a few Japanese (or Chinese/Korean/Vietnamese ext...) kids running around the area, and at least one of them would have a 'Stang.

^ Meh, I guess there is the chance of that happening, there's a character in VTiRoj's story that drives a Corvette and she's Japanese-American.

CHAPTER 6 CELEBRATION AND DETONATION

Kyle flew towards his secret back road track, wanting to crush the Mustang that was riding his bumper. When he finally got to the back road track he stopped and pulled over.

"This is the course, we'll follow Trial Street until it meets up with Mountain Pass. We'll stay on Mountain Pass until it hooks up with River View. Then we'll follow river view until it meets back up with Trial Street, and we'll meet back up here. We'll do one practice lap and then one hot lap, you got it?"

"Yeah, this will be easy."

Kyle got back in his car and took off. He didn't go all out just yet, not wanting to show his opponent his true skill and lines. Once the practice lap was over, the two cars lined up.

Ryo's Mustang

Ford Mustang GT '05
Street Weight: 3449lbs
Street Power: 305HP

"I don't even know why I'm doing this, I have RC cars with more power that that toy car does."

Kyle's MR2

Toyota MR2 1600 G '86
Street Power 230HP
Street Weight 2129 lbs

"Let's show this 🤬 bag how to race!"

Kyle lined up with Ryo, and honked his horn 3 times. One the third honk, they were off. The Mustang roared from the starting line leaving Kyle to play catch up. "Come on, all I need to do is keep up with him. I'll take him in the corners!" Ryo wasn't making this easy how ever, he kept his Mustang drifting and hopping the curbs.

It was only at the first tunnel that the MR2 began to make up for it's lack of power. The Mustang broke late and ran wide though the tunnel, with Kyle slowly making up time. Ryo used the Mustangs extra power to stay just ahead of Kyle. They entered the tight 90% corner with the Mustang in the lead and the MR2 right up it's pipes. "Come on, make a mistake..."

Ryo again ran wide, but managed to block Kyle's passing attempts by drifting. Taking up both lanes Kyle wasn't able to get passed the 'Stang. Coming in to the next corner, Kyle was even with Ryo's rear quarter panel. "This should keep that :censored:hole from drifting!" And Kyle was right, with the MR2 taking the inside line, Ryo had to slow down and go wide.

Kyle flew through the next turn, gunning it towards the long back straight. "I need to try to see if I can stay in front of him!" Kyle all but exited the tunnel when the Muscle Car roared pulled passed him. "NO!" But again, the Mustangs heavy body sent wide as it broke for the tight corner at the end of the straight. Again Kyle was riding the Ryo's bumper, waiting for him to slip up. Ryo again drifted the Mustang, but this time out of the last segment of the S curve on River view, allowing Kyle to once again get a fender in. "OK, this is my last chance!"

Even though Kyle came up on next turn on the outside, he kept up his speed. "He still can't drift if I'm on the outside, else he risk scratching his paint job!" Ryo had to slow down to keep his back end in check, giving the little MR2 the lead. But the Mustang wasn't finished yet, and it slowly fought it's way back beside Kyle. This time though Kyle had the inside line, and rocketed threw the chicane, while the heavy 'Stang had to brake to properly navigate them.

Kyle sailed through the finish and pulled over, with the Ryo hot on his heels.

"Bull:censored:! You cheated!"

"How did I cheat?"

"That race motor, how much power does it have?"

"Around 220HP, what about yours?"

"That's bull, you've got to be making more."

"Well I'm not. Are we done here."

"For now, I'll be back and I'll wipe the floor with your POS."

"Whatever, get out of here."

And with that Ryo peeled out, leaving Kyle and his MR2 in a cloud of tire smoke.

"Idiot!"Kyle was happy though, his little MR2 had showed up that brand new Mustang. "I guess that's what you get when you put a boat anchor were your engines supposed to be!"The thought made Kyle laugh a bit. "I hope this doesn't become a big thing, people wanting to race me, just because I've got a racing engine...." Before he could finish his line of thought, he happened to look at his wrist watch.

"Crap! It's nearly 5! I hope Mellisa hasn't called yet!" And with that Kyle raced home, hoping he hadn't missed his call!

Last edited:
Nice to see another victory for the MR-2, but I'd prefer if there were pictures.

Nice chapter, I like how Ryo tells Kyel he cheated, the traditional baddie thing, blaing other people for their failure!

One thing, when it says: "Bull:censored: You cheated," could you please blank out the other letters of the swear. I used to do it in my story and the mods told me off and I had to change it, just replace it with a 🤬 or ******. Do it before a mod comes along man, :cheers:

Nice chapter, I like how Ryo tells Kyel he cheated, the traditional baddie thing, blaing other people for their failure!

One thing, when it says: "Bull:censored: You cheated," could you please blank out the other letters of the swear. I used to do it in my story and the mods told me off and I had to change it, just replace it with a 🤬 or ******. Do it before a mod comes along man, :cheers:

Thanks for the review and the warning! Don't want to make the all powerful mods angry....

Nice to see another victory for the MR-2, but I'd prefer if there were pictures.
With nobody local to play GT with, and PSN being down, pics are hard to come by. Once PSN is back up I'll do my best to get some, but until then I'm SOL on pics. Instead I drove both cars around the track and watched their replays. After that I tried to write in how the MR2 could get passed the Mustang's lumbering lines.

now that PSN is back up (kinda) I would like to get some pics up for up coming chapters. I live in the US Eastern Time zone and my hours are a bit off the wall. I'll post here when I'm ready to play. There might be large spacing between the release of each chapter as I'm getting a job, and will not be able to use my brother in law's PS3 as much (will be saving up for one of my own.) Happy to really get cracking on the online pics!

Latest Posts

Back