Separate Cool Wall Section?

The trouble with putting a limit on how many nominations there can be at any one time before it gets locked and the nominations are allowed to "burn off" is that there will always be a huge rush of users making nominations around that time, and some users who visit the boards more frequently or whatever will usually get there first, which creates an unbalanced situation with how many nominations people are able to make.

I would say lock it until the nominations are cleaned up completely, but basically that seems like the best idea. I'd say most of the issues regarding the Cool Wall start with how the nomination thread has been open for months on end. There wouldn't be any rush to burn off nominations as fast as possible if there weren't dozens of ones in the backlog at any given time.

Someone finally gets it! Hurrah!

Personally, I think it would be most advisable to leave the nominations open until less than one a day is being posted, close nominations, poll the nominated vehicles until there aren't any left, and then open nominations again.

The trouble with putting a limit on how many nominations there can be at any one time before it gets locked and the nominations are allowed to "burn off" is that there will always be a huge rush of users making nominations around that time, and some users who visit the boards more frequently or whatever will usually get there first, which creates an unbalanced situation with how many nominations people are able to make.

The solution to that is an easy one, whoever is running it just has to set the limit, but keep it to himself until the limit is reached.

Err... No.

The rush of users doesn't come from people trying to get their nominations in before the deadline, it comes from the fact that people had not been able to nominate while nominations were closed and will immediately begin making nominations as soon as nominations reopen.

So?

Err... No.

The rush of users doesn't come from people trying to get their nominations in before the deadline, it comes from the fact that people had not been able to nominate while nominations were closed and will immediately begin making nominations as soon as nominations reopen.
So?

Where does the "problem" part of this come into play for these two hypotheticals?

Can this be closed please? The final decision has been made already and unless there's a horde of people or a mod(s) coming after me to change it, I'm not changing it.

Sorry if this bothers anything but this is just a suggestion on how to make the Cool Wall Thread more smooth without eradictating it or moving it into its own sub-forum.

Instead of constantly posting new threads for the polls you could do this all through Google docs, forms, and sheets. Link every new poll on the main thread and when the poll is over, you can simply remove the link and continue on.
Using Google docs you can do more personal custimizations that the forums might not be able to do. It can also make it more easier for the user to vote and submit suggestions. It makes it easier for you as well as you can receive suggestions in a log where you can pass over them all.

Last edited:
Sorry if this bothers anything but this is just a suggestion on how to make the Cool Wall Thread more smooth without eradictating it or moving it into its own sub-forum.

Instead of constantly posting new threads for the polls you could do this all through Google docs, forms, and sheets. Link every new poll on the main thread and when the poll is over, you can simply remove the link and continue on.
Using Google docs you can do more personal custimizations that the forums might not be able to do. It can also make it more easier for the user to vote and submit suggestions. It makes it easier for you as well as you can receive suggestions in a log where you can pass over them all. Ask the mods kindly and they might even pin the thread so it always stays active;)
Yes, but that doesn't allow discussion.

It won't make me happy because I don't have the skills and/or time to set that up. :lol:
I would be glad to help you out:). I could help make a foundation, trust me, once it gets going and you get a hang of it, it begins very easy.
Edit: it will most likely make the whole process faster than what you have right now.

I would be glad to help you out:). I could help make a foundation, trust me, once it gets going and you get a hang of it, it begins very easy.
Edit: it will most likely make the whole process faster than what you have right now.
The process right now isn't very slow. It takes 3 minutes to get two threads up.

Have that simply on the thread.

No. Keeping discussion of the nominated vehicles out of the nomination thread makes things immeasurably easier for the curator. If that discussion begins to take over the thread (which already happens as is) it can make it a right pain for the curator to go through the thread and sort out the nominations etc.

No. Keeping discussion of the nominated vehicles out of the nomination thread makes things immeasurably easier for the curator. If that discussion begins to take over the thread (which already happens as is) it can make it a right pain for the curator to go through the thread and sort out the nominations etc.
Yes that's why you have them send you nominations through docs. Trust I use docs and hold a pretty large series 40+ drivers and it helps A LOT

Back