Server error WS-36696-0 - is GTS server down?

• Thread starter Scotchboy
  • 16 comments
Scotland
Aberdeenshire
Hey, my first thread start here, hoping it can be solved and then binned asap! Also hope this isn't the wrong way to go about this...

My PS4 starts up fine, runs fine, network fine, PSN reports no issues....
As soon as I open GT Sport and it checks the save data, it gets error code WS-36696-0, then proceeds to opening movie etc as normal, but disconnected from server of course, and reconnection yields the same error code. I can still check PSN status etc (no issues apparently) on the main menu, check my profile, all the other PSN things but I have a big red X next to my avatar.
I've looked it up, the last reference to it was a server-down day back in January 2018, and nowhere suggests any fixes, with one place stating it's an internal server error.
I've restarted the PS4, restarted the router, checked all my own settings and I am assuming it's a GT Sport server issue.
Is anyone else having this problem or know what can be done about it on my end? Or is it a case of waiting it out...

Thanks!

Yep, me too. It’s not just GTS, the console thinks it’s online but won’t connect to any servers. I wanted to practice for the manufacturers cup, I hope they fix this soon.

Yep, me too. It’s not just GTS, the console thinks it’s online but won’t connect to any servers. I wanted to practice for the manufacturers cup, I hope they fix this soon.
Your console probably is online. I'm getting the same error but I'm able to stream music just fine, so it's connected to internet. Definitely something FUBAR on Sony's side.

I can get every other PSN service just fine, including editing my profile, their own troubleshooting and all, but not game servers it appears.
Everything I can access on my computer for GT Sport's social side, such as liveries and all that, also still all works.

S
Your console probably is online. I'm getting the same error but I'm able to stream music just fine, so it's connected to internet. Definitely something FUBAR on Sony's side.
I hope it gets sorted soon, it’s definitely a PSN issue and not PD.

I’m in the south of the UK, Hampshire. Someone on my friends list is ok, he lives somewhere in Wales. So this might be a bit of a patchy outage.
Where are you guys who are getting this too?

Back