Server issues announcement! PS+ version info.

• Thread starter Brit999
  • 38 comments
Anyone have an answer to my earlier question of releasing the ps+ version without online functionality while it's being " fixed"? I know it might harm sales of the full game but didn't they think it through before announcing it?
I'm not sure how they would be able to do that, I mean without first altering all coding that relates to online functionality, then testing that (because Sony would require that first.) Essentially, all of that would take away from the effort to correct the things that are causing the problems.

The messages are getting more positive by the day now and for me, it all went very smoothly today, even the new times were updating straight away...mostly.

If your PS4 isn't connected to the internet it already works seamlessly offline. I don't think it would have taken them long to make an offline version if that was the priority.
I'm not sure the PS+ version will ever come out any more unless they remove the online part. The number of concurrent players of the bought version might have already peaked, that's common for a game's launch. Given how long it's taking to get it working for the bought copies, is Sony willing to spend all the time and money to support the influx of potentially millions of new PS+ players all at once?

Evolution themselves is handling all of Driveclub, and they're based in London.

Their studio is in Cheshire about 200 miles from London.

Last edited:
Ten hours ago (sorry, I don't do the FB/Twitter thing)

There are more servers coming online and there will be a significant server update to improve performance in the next 24 hours. We will also be running performance diagnostics around this update, but there shouldn't be much disruption or downtime.

This server update will improve online performance across the game and it also brings specific improvements for multiplayer racing and leaderboard updates.

More improvements will follow as we make progress on Sunday and Monday, but we still have more work to do to get everything back on track before we can give you any bigger or better news. We will keep you up to speed.

As always we appreciate your feedback about online play as it improves and about your time with the game in general, so please keep sharing with us.

Today's update. Still no PS+ news.

https://m.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/717611298323233

Hi everyone,

We know we have been quiet over the last few days which was because we wanted to offer you news when it has a meaningful impact on your experience of DRIVECLUB. The feedback you offered has been invaluable to the team because it’s informed our updates to iron out the major issues affecting you as quickly as possible.

Our diagnostics show the majority of you are now able to get online and racing. This increased stability has meant that statistics and accolades are updating efficiently now, so hopefully you have been having fun boosting your fame and watching how you compare to your friends and other racers around the world.

Today we also released a server update to optimise multiplayer matchmaking so you will now be matched with more suitable players based on the type of internet connection you have, which means matchmaking should be more reliable. This update will also fix some bugs we had with clubs where some players couldn't join or leave a club.

Improvements continue to be made to the servers and our next significant game update will be released this week. This will boost connectivity and provide a better overall experience.

Thanks for your support and we will provide more news as soon as we have it.

Today we also released a server update to optimise multiplayer matchmaking so you will now be matched with more suitable players based on the type of internet connection you have, which means matchmaking should be more reliable.

Nah this is what I need. My internet is not good enough to connect with players from various regions...not to mention various NATs (I have NAT 2)

Nah this is what I need. My internet is not good enough to connect with players from various regions...not to mention various NATs (I have NAT 2)
You should be fine with NAT 2 as far as I know - it's more your ping that might cause you a problem though, as that determins the amount of time it takes for info packets to get sent and received.

But it certainly is going to help.

One good feature about DC online races is that people with ping problems get ghosted out when their car starts morphing and jumping, so you are fine anyway.

Back