Server Maintenace Incoming!

• Thread starter bud4211
  • 43 comments
bud4211
At the following time, we will perform game update maintenance on the Gran Turismo 7 servers.

[Day & Time]​

March 10, 2022, 07:00 - 09:00 UTC
March 9, 2022, 23:00 - 01:00 PST

What do we think? Update? New Events? Probably not new circuits or cars with how close we still are to release, but maybe new events?

Ya know, with all the foulups this community has already found, it wouldn't surprise me if PD shipped a unpolished version and has been steadily working on improvements...

Seems odd to have a server update so early, especially when online has been a ghost town.

Ya know, with all the foulups this community has already found, it wouldn't surprise me if PD shipped a unpolished version and has been steadily working on improvements...
This. I think they sacrificed some things to meet the deadline instead of delaying the release like every GT I can remember for a while.

Hopefully they fix everything that should have been done before release. I'm not even holding my breath for anything new, just make what's already in the game work smoothly, primarily online lobbies.

I do NOT think that a BoP is absolutely necessary, I find the classification according to LP and certain specifications such as performance and/or weight and/or tires completely sufficient. In real life there are only these specifications and certain "technical" specifications, but the coordination of the vehicle is up to each team/driver and now guess what, for example. in Formula 1, the cars of the drivers are also tuned differently.

Yes, it's more work, but it's doable over time. Also, we can expect that like GTS there will be many Gr.3/Gr.4 races and these cars are fast and competitive even with the basic setup, but with a good setup the car adapts even better to the track and the customize driver.

You need to understand how to "experience" good car setup and adjust the car to suit your driving style.

If I understand correctly, many here are still using normal "road vehicles" and these are hopelessly overwhelmed when the vehicle's performance is increased. Compare a Gr.4/Gr.3 car with a tuned road car with the same LP.
You will find that the road vehicles usually reach higher speeds and this also faster. The vehicle weight often does not differ that much, but due to the aerodynamics of a GT vehicle, it "weighs" ( Contact pressure from the spoiler ) significantly more and exerts much more "pressure" on the tires, which a road car simply lacks.

Last edited:
I was just playing and didn't notice this on the menu screen, it threw up a yellow "1 minute until maintenance", then 0 minutes and kicked me out of the license test.
I thought Sport's offline features were lacking, in 7 you can't even use your garage (or your garage favourite cars in Arcade mode) while offline.

I was just playing and didn't notice this on the menu screen, it threw up a yellow "1 minute until maintenance", then 0 minutes and kicked me out of the license test.
I thought Sport's offline features were lacking, in 7 you can't even use your garage (or your garage favourite cars in Arcade mode) while offline.
I was in the last race of a championship and it went offline and didn't save my progress :/

They literally put up unmissable notifications every 15 minutes for the two hours prior and then every 5 minutes before it went offline.
I know that but i was still in the middle of a championship racing the clock I wasn't complaining about what they did just that I didn't make it

Hmmm a 1.06 patch has come up

I hope they fix the oversteer found in almost every FR...
The fix is your right foot.
True enough, when traction control won't suffice. Throttle and/or braking management, as well as timing is key, otherwise you'll be wrestling with the car for most of the time. And remember, it's about the driver, not the car. If you can handle it, then the car can do all the rest.

Last edited:
Someone knows when we will be able to play ? Patch is installed (906Mo) but game won't start.

Any sources for patch notes?

Thanks

I believe in an hour and a half when the servers come back and patch notes I did try googling them

Back