Set up for Yaris in pro Leauge

• Thread starter ozirules
  • 22 comments
Australia
Australia
ozirules12
Can anyone give me a good setup for my Yaris RS 1.5 [J] [fully modded & 293Bhp] Or am I not using the right model Yaris ?
for Route 11 rev in the Yaris race in Pro League ? I have gold in the other four races but getting my rear end kicked in this one :ouch::ouch:
Need full s/up including tyres & gearing please. This is the toughest race I have found so far in GT3 & I am currently @ 91.2% & just starting on the S licence races , but would like to clean up all other races first .

Many thanks Ozi

Post #17 in that third link. I ran this race fairly early on, and in more car than I would have needed later, bit I bet you can do it with my build.

Thanks Duke , I thought that because I could not qualify & starting from the rear I was quiting the race after 2/3 laps because the field was running away from me . And maybe my set-up is not that bad after all & I should push on & see what happens . :scared: I only wish my skills were as good as Daan's & I would not have to ask for help LOL

Thanks again for your helpful hints .👍
Cheers Ozi

You don't really need a setup, or even a fully tuned Yaris/Vitz for this one. I did it in a 205bhp one.

Have a look through these threads from the writups forum.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25221
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50385
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20764

Thanks for the links :) & how can I access these type of threads in the future ?
When I try to use the search engine I get every single thing ever written referring to the Vitz ever made by man LOL
And referring to your Vitz with 205Bhp , does the lower power work better on the Vitz as your times seem to suggest ?

Thanks for the links :) & how can I access these type of threads in the future ?
All I did was use our advanced search to search for Yaris, in the GT3 forum but I also selected "search titles only"

And referring to your Vitz with 205Bhp , does the lower power work better on the Vitz as your times seem to suggest ?
It was easier on the tyres and I didn't have to make a pitstop, so even though you're probably doing slower laps, you save time overall.

You're welcome for the advice. I will note two things:

A) I did this race before my driving really matured, and

B) Daan will always be faster than I am.

Thanks guys Route 11 Rev done thank goodness :):):):):):drool::drool::drool:

I stuck with my own set-up but set brakes 17/24 & used Duke's diff setting
294 bhp T2 tyres & auto set @24 & got my ass kicked again as I could not get any heat in my rear tyres , so I put T3's on the rear & they still would not heat up & I ended up last again :ouch::ouch: OK back to the shop & purchase some T5's & also gave my Blitz a service & back to the track . OK now I will try my Blitz with T2's on front & T5's rear & wow I'm competitive & kept the field within
10 sec & even passed two AI cars just before they pitted & I am doing 2.16 sec laps consistently & once they pitted my tyre's are coming on nicely & was able to win comfortably .:):):):):):):)
Margin [not sure]
Total time 23.03.819
Fastest lap 2.15.663 [done on 9th lap ]

Springs 7.5 /6.0
Ride ht 91 / 91
Bound 4 / 4
Rebound 6 / 6
Camber 2.0 / 1.0
Toe 0 / 0
Stabs 2 / 2
Brakes 17 / 24
LSD 10/15/5
ASM 0
TCS 1
Auto set 24
Tyres F T2's & R T5's

Thanks again guy's
Ozi

I'm glad you won the race, but in a FWD car, I usually like the rear tires to stay cold in order to help reduce understeer. Regardless, it's in the can for you, and that's what counts! Good work.

I'm glad you won the race, but in a FWD car, I usually like the rear tires to stay cold in order to help reduce under steer. Regardless, it's in the can for you, and that's what counts! Good work.

Thanks Man , I still drive with a slush box & unless I learn to drive manual I will never be in yours & Daan's class LOL .

BTW how come the total race time is 23.03.819 & you divide that by 10 it gives my average time @ 2.3 sec & even my worst lap [opening lap 2.29+]
& most of my laps were in the 2.16+secs the worst being 2.19+secs , it just does not add up correctly ??????????
Cheers Ozi

BTW how come the total race time is 23.03.819 & you divide that by 10 it gives my average time @ 2.3 sec & even my worst lap [opening lap 2.29+]
& most of my laps were in the 2.16+secs the worst being 2.19+secs , it just does not add up correctly ??????????
Cheers Ozi
You're just getting confused by time being over 60, not 100.

As you worked out, 23 minutes divided by 10 is 2.3 minutes. 0.3 of a minute, or 0.3 of 60 seconds, is 18 seconds, not 30. So your average laptime was 2 minutes 18 seconds.

I'm glad you won the race, but in a FWD car, I usually like the rear tires to stay cold in order to help reduce understeer. Regardless, it's in the can for you, and that's what counts! Good work.

I now agree with your tyre choice & was more the practice I got from my first two attemps that made me think putting T5's on the rear made me faster . I have redone this race with T2's F & R & took a couple of sec's off my time .
BTW I tried your set-tup , but my Vitz settings seem to fit me better .
Cheers Ozi

Settings are very personal and you'll always be better tailoring them to match your driving style as much as you can. I've never had much luck with other people's settings from GTVault or other sites, but they can be a good place to start if you really don't know what to do.

I have a friend who is a real life suspension engineer and racer, and he says you should always set the car up for its theoretical best performance and then adjust your driving style to suit the car... but that's wayyyyy beyond me.
;)

does anyone by any chance still have the build contents for all the different Vitz races. obviously Ozi's build was only for that race and Rome circuit but what about the other races? im not so good at tuning my car and i need some pointers and possible just the build itself :D plz & thkz in advance

Use Advanced Search to check the GT3 Race Reports board for threads with "Vitz" in the title that were written by me. I think I listed my whole loadout in a post in my race report.

[edit] Actually, if you read this very thread, there are a whole bunch of links that might possibly be of interest.

does anyone by any chance still have the build contents for all the different Vitz races. obviously Ozi's build was only for that race and Rome circuit but what about the other races? im not so good at tuning my car and i need some pointers and possible just the build itself :D plz & thkz in advance

Nice to see that after all this time, some of us are still getting stuck in the Vitz/Pro League races. :lol:

I don't like laying down a list of settings--everyone has a different driving style and settings that work for one person won't work for another. This has been proven in the past when we used to do setup versus setup competitions.

But some general pointers? I'll help you. 👍

Ride height: keep the front anywhere from 10 to 20 mm lower than the rear. This way, the weight of that front engine & drivetrain is staying over those front wheels, giving more traction.

Springs....the Vitz is a light car, and you don't need super-stiff springs. Most people will keep the rear springs stiffer than the front by a few notches, and this is probably what you'll want, too. Personally, I like keeping the fronts stiffer; but that's me.

Dampers: front dampers softer than the rear ones. Again, this is done so that under braking the Vitz will "dive" heavily, gaining valuable traction for those front tires. AS you accelerate, the rear bound dampers will react slowly, keeping traction (again) heaped towards the front. So for dampers, try this:

Bound: 3/10
Rebound: 2/between 7 and 10
(depends how twisty the track is and how much you want the rear-end to "kick" forward under braking).

Toe: I prefer not to use toe. It just slows you down as you roll down straights. But at Route 11, where there's lots of deadly hairpin turns, some toe might help. Try -1 up front and +1 in the rear. here, which might help the Vitz "swivel" into turns.

Stabilizers: Depends on the track. At Route 11, where it's likely you'll need to drive one tire over those red & white rumble strips, you'll want a low setting. 1/4 front/rear...something like that. This will keep one side of the car from bouncing too much (in theory) and transmitting that energy to the other side of the car; screwing up your cornering. At other tracks, you can have the stabilizers higher if you want...making the Vitz handle more go-kartish (in theory).

Camber: For the front wheels, you don't wanna use too much. I use anywhere from 1 to 1.5 degrees up front. If you use more, you'll also begin to see less front-end traction and braking abilities. You can use whatever you like in the rear, tho. More camber in the rear = slightly more oversteer & rear-end swaying...which is what you might want at Route 11 and Deep Forest.

E-brake if you're not proficient at using the e-brake, now's a good time to practice it. Just a blip here and there mid-corner (literally....don't hold it for more than a half a second or it'll just be slowing you more than you should be) can help tighten up your cornering and give you a better angle out of corners. If you find that e-brake action is hurting your cornering more than it's helping, don't use the e-brake. It's simply a tool for fine-tuning your driving line thru some turns.

Tires: Go with T2s or T3s if you don't want to pit. If you use softer tires, you'll (of course) be faster, but you'll also need to pit.

Transmission Personally, I just use stock or close (sports) trannys. You don't absolutely need full-custom settings to win unless you're anal. Oh, one huge exception is the race at the Test Course. If you have a FC tranny here, you'll easily win because all you'll have to do is set it high enough so that you don't run out of revs down those long straights. Personally, I skipped the Test Course race, however. 10 laps at TC in a Vitz??? I'd rather die! :banghead:

TCS: I know this is blasphemy, but as a last resort, it's okay to use a little TCS (maybe a setting of 1) if you're having trouble with starting launches and mid-corner wheelspin. But if you use TCS, don't use a limited-slip...or you'll get even more understeer. :ouch:

Finally, my grand lecture. Settings are nothing but ways to try and make a car do what you want it to. You can tune till your fingers are raw, but even after hours of tuning, your Vitz will still be a mess. It will still understeer heavily....after all, we're putting nearly 300 horses in a lightweight front-drive!.

The best solution is lots of practice. Brake into corners, but do not hit the gas till it is ABSOLUTELY SAFE....basically, don't accelerate heavily till you're nearly out of corners, or that "Pitz" will torque-steer your way straight into the nearest wall! :grumpy:

HTH.

Regards, Parnelli.

Last edited:
My Gitz was finally custom modded by my bro who wanted me to stop bitching XDXDXD. but finally i beat the race. now if you go thru the pit during a race will it replace your oil or no? i dont want my Escudo going down in HP becuz of this gay icon

1) No, you can't change the oil during a race, or even during a race series.

2) Don't use the word "gay" to describe something bad. We don't like it.

3) Please avoid using txt msg words like "becuz". We've got a lot of non-English-speaking natives here, and we also like to promote better posting habits.

Thanks.

ok im sorry for that. now do reccomend that i leave the race change the oil and redo the entire championship or complete the championship sell my Escudo and by another one. I have enough money for 3 of them right now because i havent bought anything since I got the Escudo. please tell me what i should do before i make a mistake.

It doesn't matter if you start the race series over - in many series, your oil will go dirty before you complete the series anyway, even if you change it immediately before.

You'll get all or nearly all of the power back when you change the oil after the series. After a lot of miles you might lose a few hp permanently... don't worry about it.

Try a search on the GT3 board, thread titles only, for "oil change".

ok i thank you for this. yet my oil has never run out before. i believe this might be due to the nature of my Escudos rapid redline setup. Ive already lost about 20hp. i hope i get it back after the race otherwhise ill just buy another one XD

My Gitz was finally custom modded by my bro who wanted me to stop bitching XDXDXD. but finally i beat the race. now if you go thru the pit during a race will it replace your oil or no? i dont want my Escudo going down in HP becuz of this gay icon

"thanks Parnelli for spending all that time helping me with your advice".

"....you're welcome, Prestige. Glad to be of service." :ouch:👎:dunce:

Back