Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprite

Beanbag Brain
Premium
United Kingdom
Horbury, West Yorkshire
GTP_Sprite
Hi, ive been playing GT4 PAL for about a week and im at 30% but i really want to learn to drif as it looks mint and will provide GT4 with more life, but ive never done it before and i would like to ask all you guys who do it what i need and how to set it up, im using DFP too so i should imagine this will make a big difference.

Things i want to know are :-

1) What steering setting do i need in the options for the DFP
2) What is a good beginer car + settings (credits no problem)
3) Some of the best tracks to hone my skills

Sorry if this is a hastle but i so much want to learn to drift, and get good at it.

Cheers in advance.

sprite.

ooo ur from yorkshire too,hello :D

well i dont have a DFP so i cant really answer ur question, but for drifting, i suggest trial moutain, its quite a short track, and has alot of corners u could practice drifting on, well that was the course i started drifting on anyways :D

btw, if u can play online Gt4, il give u a battle 1 day :) (jst need to get my damn network cable first though XD)

sprite
Hi, ive been playing GT4 PAL for about a week and im at 30% but i really want to learn to drif as it looks mint and will provide GT4 with more life, but ive never done it before and i would like to ask all you guys who do it what i need and how to set it up, im using DFP too so i should imagine this will make a big difference.

Things i want to know are :-

1) What steering setting do i need in the options for the DFP
2) What is a good beginer car + settings (credits no problem)
3) Some of the best tracks to hone my skills

Sorry if this is a hastle but i so much want to learn to drift, and get good at it.

Cheers in advance.

sprite.

hey sprite,

i think you might want to view the stickies and give that search button a try to find your answers.

Discussion of DFP settings

the car doesnt matter so much, as long as its not FF
check the Drift Settings Depot for available settings. Some guidelines are available in the drift reference (link in my sig)

the track doesnt matter so much either, but people's favourites can be viewed here

enjoy.

s2000lover
ooo ur from yorkshire too,hello

Born and bred. ;)

Cheers for the answers guys I will check all that stuff out, i thought that if anyone was like me and was a little scared :scared: by looking at all the masses of info in the Drift Settings Depot then this could be a quick starters guide to drifting for all noob's thinking of tackeling the drift. Cheers tho i will maybe get over my fears and head over there now.

s2000lover
btw, if u can play online Gt4, il give u a battle 1 day

I would love to be able to play online using x-link or wahtever you have to use but at the mo im unable to do so, but if I get the chance i will PM you and we can have that race or drift mach (if i get good enough) :)

Ha yippe, just followed your advice and had a look around the Drif Settings Depo and found '01 RX-7 Type-R Bathurst-R – Drifter5' and decided to give it a go and do you know what its actually quite good, im liking it already cheers TankSpanker :)

Thats true.

for sure im sorry but i was looking more for advice on learning the drif instead of diving in with the big boys and drowning, as im not the most amazing driver in GT (although all gt games 100%), and also ive just started to use the DFP since ive used the DS since GT1. but hay yeh ur right i shud just have searched.

Yes, you certainly should have searched, or simply clicked the "Look here before you post" Thread. You've been here for about a year so you know what the deal is. Please use better discretion in the future. Thanks.

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back