Setting up a multyplayer server

Canada
Canada
I wanted to see if anyone has attempted to rent a server for ACC?

I was looking in to renting one to see how it is for console, but wanted to get some insight from people who may have already set one up.

Worst case scenario I'll take the plunge and get one.

Honestly interested to see too but from the looks of things this choice of theirs has probably killed the online even more. Renting servers seems like severe overkill for a game with about 30 people playing at any given time.

I’m hoping you, or someone can explain how this all works soon because currently just seems like another terrible decision.

Honestly interested to see too but from the looks of things this choice of theirs has probably killed the online even more. Renting servers seems like severe overkill for a game with about 30 people playing at any given time.

I’m hoping you, or someone can explain how this all works soon because currently just seems like another terrible decision.
Yeah multiplayer has been a headache given the amount of people in it. And it seems like the track options are the same everyday. The competition server races are better, but they're so far apart time wise, and they end up taking a lot of time.

I honestly just wanted to get a server to do some different races (more night and rain races).

I can see 3 servers in the list now.

20 drivers max. 2 in Europe (Paul Ricard & Laguna), 1 in the US (Paul Ricard).

Test lobby seemed to go smoothly. The one thing that makes these lobbies annoying is there's no easy way to switch tracks. You have to refresh the server which boots everyone. Going to see if there's a way around that.

Test lobby seemed to go smoothly. The one thing that makes these lobbies annoying is there's no easy way to switch tracks. You have to refresh the server which boots everyone. Going to see if there's a way around that.

What service did you use and are you experiencing a higher than normal ping rate?

G-Portal, can't remember the ping rate but it seemed on par with the other lobbies.

When I set mine up I chose US-Mid, but it gave me an EU server so my ping was high. I contacted them and they gave me a new one, ping much better. Despite the price hike, their support has been really good.

Enjoyed the races I did last night, until the Catalunya race in the rain where I got spun on the start, then drilled two laps later by the same guy.

It doesn't look like I mentioned it here, but doing lobby nights every Monday & Thursday @ 8EST. Doing Brands Hatch & Silverstone tonight!

I'll also be doing the Friday lobbies whenever I can. The turnout was way better than I expected

Back