Setup Force Feedback For Detecting Over Steer

• Thread starter Natustell
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
I want the force feedback to help me detect over steer and rear traction loss above all else. In real life, this would be most felt through aligning torque.

Based on my understanding of the vanilla FFB, I used the following settings:

Flavour: Informative

Gain: 100

Volume 0

Tone: 0 and 100

FX: 0

These settings did not give any feeling of aligning torque.

Can somebody help me?

I want the force feedback to help me detect over steer and rear traction loss above all else. In real life, this would be most felt through aligning torque.

Based on my understanding of the vanilla FFB, I used the following settings:

Flavour: Informative

Gain: 100

Volume 0

Tone: 0 and 100

FX: 0

These settings did not give any feeling of aligning torque.

Can somebody help me?
Have you tried different FFB settings on the game menu? I use a g29 and if I understand correctly about the aligning torque, I find FFB at 2-3 and the FFS set at 6-10. 🍻

These settings did not give any feeling of aligning torque
With the volume set to zero, it won't. You will need to increase that to around 30 - and then be tweaked up or down to suit.

The tone at higher values will increase road "feel", but you'll loose information from the suspension weight transfer effects. Mid values work best to give you a little of both, 35ish or 65ish - depending on the car and what you like.

Informative is good for what you're trying to achieve, it enhances the traction loss feel.

With the volume set to zero, it won't. You will need to increase that to around 30 - and then be tweaked up or down to suit.

The tone at higher values will increase road "feel", but you'll loose information from the suspension weight transfer effects. Mid values work best to give you a little of both, 35ish or 65ish - depending on the car and what you like.

Informative is good for what you're trying to achieve, it enhances the traction loss feel.
I believe I misunderstood what Volume does. The in-game descriptions are odd. Adjusting the volume seems to have worked. Thanks.

Back