Setup Vs. Setup: Elise GT1

• Thread starter MinusB
  • 54 comments
sucahyo
Did you change your tuning? the fastest time I get (load & save) is 1:01.xxx. If you don't you sure have good driving skill.
Your setting have slower straight acceleration (maybe caused by camber). I feel your car has less grip on corner, it understeer at corner entry and then oversteer at corner exit. For my driving style it means plenty of spin in every lap ............

My time:
1:03.xxx - if I spin
1:01.xxx - if I can control the spin
1:00.xxx - if I screw up some corner
0:59.xxx - If I doing it save
0:58.xxx - If I don't screw up
0:55.xxx - perfect sector time using load & save

My time when racing would be between 1:00.xxx and 0:58.xxx. Using my setting my spin rate is 1 in 4 lap.
How fast can you go with my setting?

Wow! I am excited to try your settings. These times would be competitive with my Escudo.:crazy: :bowdown:

sucahyo

spring rate - 14.0/20.0
ride height - 55/115
damper bound - 1/10
damper rebound - 1/10
camber - 0.0/0.0
toe - 0.00/0.00
stabilizer - 1/1
Downforce - 0.78/0.99
LSD - 56/56/56​

Ride height = low front and high rear can increase acceleration. If you can overcome the increased oversteer it can translate to 1 second faster lap time.

I tryed your settings and i'm happy with the setup:D.It handles good and
it's fast.Here is my time with a picture.

58:612 Lotus Elise GT1 Race Car

View attachment 57295

This was a clean lap with no(save&load).

Stingray-Man
Wow! I am excited to try your settings. These times would be competitive with my Escudo.
Try these setting in Escudo too.

AngelCreator
I tryed your settings and i'm happy with the setup:D.It handles good and
it's fast.Here is my time with a picture.

58:612 Lotus Elise GT1 Race Car

This was a clean lap with no(save&load).
Glad you like it :). I see that you are a better driver than me :) .

BTW you can host your image in images hack too.

choose Thumbnail for forums (1) for small image

I am still a couple of seconds from my stock escudo times. I am running 1:03's but forgot to put on Super Soft tires. I can't wait to try again with good tires with the Lotus GT1 and your settings, Sucahyo.

I would like to see a setup vs setup with the Ford Saleen Mustang! I just want to know what it is capable of.

Stingray-Man
I am still a couple of seconds from my stock escudo times. I am running 1:03's but forgot to put on Super Soft tires. I can't wait to try again with good tires with the Lotus GT1 and your settings, Sucahyo.

I would like to see a setup vs setup with the Ford Saleen Mustang! I just want to know what it is capable of.

That sounds like fun:D.If someone does that,i will be there:sly:.

sucahyo

spring rate - 14.0/20.0
ride height - 55/115
damper bound - 1/10
damper rebound - 1/10
camber - 0.0/0.0
toe - 0.00/0.00
stabilizer - 1/1
Downforce - 0.78/0.99
LSD - 56/56/56​

Ride height = low front and high rear can increase acceleration. If you can overcome the increased oversteer it can translate to 1 second faster lap time.

I love these settings!👍 Thankyou Sucahyo!:) I beat my Escudo times with it on Super Speedway!

Hey, sorry I've been gone for so long! I've been working some mega overtime, plus I've been Socom3-ing more than I should. All my GT2 time gets eaten up!

Thanks to all of you that like my tunings! I used Sucahyo's tuning too, and I noticed all the same things as the rest of you (no lap times, sorry). His car made me feel much more confident, and I was actually busting out some really good times in it. I'd be willing to bet confidence plays as big a factor in lap times as good tuning... it certainly does in my case.

As far as *why* my car handles the way it does, I would suppose that has a lot to do with my driving style too. I don't like to drift much, and I require a car to flip directions quickly. When I last drove it with my settings, I didn't notice any herky-jerkiness, but that's probably me and maybe one other guy out there! :sly: I just feel if I can keep my speeds up all over the track and brake less, my speeds all over will come out faster. And I guess a lot of you had the same results too: it's meant to be driven hard and fast.

How many of you are into dirt biking? I know the guys that edit Dirt Rider, and rode Chad Reed's outdoors bike when they had it for the afternoon. I'm not nearly as good as Chad, and found his suspension settings were beating the piss out of me! However, his motor was like pure magic! I think that's the same with my GT2 setup: you gotta go fast, like Reed does on his bike, or the settings are useless, while other setups are complete magic no matter your level.

To be fast in GT2 I always start at 1000m test. After getting fast time in 1000m I change the setting to suit the track and driving style. If fast setting is too hard to handle I use some compromise.
I think I will test all setting here in 1000m test and see if this true.

sucahyo
To be fast in GT2 I always start at 1000m test. After getting fast time in 1000m I change the setting to suit the track and driving style. If fast setting is too hard to handle I use some compromise.
I think I will test all setting here in 1000m test and see if this true.

That's funny that you do that!! I just started doing that in GT4, and it's been quite successful! What do they say about great minds and how they think? 💡

I must hand it to you, that your settings seem to be much more controllable than my own.

MinusB
That's funny that you do that!! I just started doing that in GT4, and it's been quite successful! What do they say about great minds and how they think? 💡

I must hand it to you, that your settings seem to be much more controllable than my own.
I wish I can play GT4 more :( , the first thing I know in GT4 is low front and high rear do not boost acceleration, I am dying to know if spring rate work the same way as GT2 (2 opposite force working).
I think have some luck in setting my Elise GT1, because when I try again with other car and other track, I have a bit confusion in setting up spring rate and damper, it also seem I can only feel damper and stabilizer effect on RRV :(.

here is the 1000m time, Lotus Elise GT1 no weight mods, auto 16 at 3.938
Code:
Tuner                        1000m time
MinusB                         18.389
Sucahyo - handling             18.351
Parnelli Bone                  18.488
AngelCreator - 1st             18.562
AngelCreator - 2nd             18.451
Sucahyo - fast                 18.125

hmm, I don't think I can tune speed 12 in rome night, I will slide all over the place.
I think Parnelli Bone have an idea too.

I would love to see any one of the following cars:drool: in a setup vs. Setup:

Toyota GTone Road Car
Toyota Gt one Race Car
TVR Speed 12
Jaguar XJR-15
Saleen Mustang
Ford GT-40 road car
Ford GT-40 race car
Shelby series-1
Shelby Cobra Coupe
JECS Skyline
R390GT1 Road Car '97
any Viper
Sting Ray '69 or '67

sucahyo
Ok then, I choose Jaguar XJR-15. TVR speed 12 is a bit hard for me to drive.
what track?

The tracks that I would like to see this tuned on are:

High Speed Ring
Laguna Seca
Grand Valley (any version)
Apricot Hill
Trial Mountain

Count me in guys...i've never driven this car but once again i always been super curious about it.

Who is going to start the thead? I can't because am going to start 3 threads
in a few days. So who wants to have the job:).

Sorry for bringing back the dead again. Just found this thread EXTREMELY useful for getting my NSX under control on HSR. From jittery/hoppy spin out madness to smooth, controlled deadly speed. Boy those tuners who install my parts don't know JACK about MR's, do they?

Makes me wonder if another interesting feature in GT's would be a variety of custom tuner shops, and getting to know who's best at tuning what, and being able to give feedback to get different settings, and them getting better at setting up your car as you keep going back to them over the years... and maybe discounts for sporting their stickers on your ride! (assuming you can win races..)

No apology necessary. I love it when one of these oldies gets bumped. I miss those guys..Angel and Sucahyo. Those were some good times. Glad you found the discussion helpful, Jeff. 👍

Back