Share your GTS car setups, List on post #1

• Thread starter diesel97
  • 1,242 comments
Hi Guys,

Got to say something about my friend @praiano63 !

I’m his follower since 2012 – GT5, always used his tunes and of course also bought his app, which was by the way my best friend app!

I had the privilege to interview him for a PlayStation Forum Portugal Magazine as an MVP at the time, and it was nice to know a little bit more about Laurent. What an awesome and humble guy!

I think he can’t imagine how many of us are his followers. How many of us use the name “Praiano” on a daily basis through his tunes and setups. How many of us are thankful for his contributions so that we can be fast and spend awesome times on our rigs!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU LAURENT for everything you’ve given to us!

Keep up the great work, and keep us being faster and faster every day!!

Forte Abraço Cara! (Cheers Mate)

Hi Guys,

I’m his follower since 2012 – GT5, always used his tunes and of course also bought his app, which was by the way my best friend app!

I had the privilege to interview him for a PlayStation Forum Portugal Magazine as an MVP at the time, and it was nice to know a little bit more about Laurent. What an awesome and humble guy!

I think he can’t imagine how many of us are his followers. How many of us use the name “Praiano” on a daily basis through his tunes and setups. How many of us are thankful for his contributions so that we can be fast and spend awesome times on our rigs!

Top man Top tuner thank you

stewyripper

Hi Guys,

For years most of my cars have had a setup sheet called "praiano" - a place to go when i mess up my own setup too bad. like returning home..:lol:👍

Also like how his setups are often more "realistic" - one can see just by looking at the spring rates and brake balances. no extremities there. Also leaves more room for adapting to my driving style. :cheers: I think "balanced" is the key word here.

Hi Guys,

Top man Top tuner thank you

stewyripper

For years most of my cars have had a setup sheet called "praiano" - a place to go when i mess up my own setup too bad. like returning home..:lol:👍

Also like how his setups are often more "realistic" - one can see just by looking at the spring rates and brake balances. no extremities there. Also leaves more room for adapting to my driving style. :cheers: I think "balanced" is the key word here.
Thanks a lot for the kinds words, it´s very rewarding for me to see that my hobbie is helping so much people to have fun with this wonderfull game.

I have begun to tune cars in GT5P , 9 years ago, at this time i was a great fan of
Lion's Den Performance
I was amazed by Paulie settings and i´ve learn a lot from him and also Rotary Junkie. Great tuners both.
I just hope GT Sport come very soon, beta is a good hors d´oeuvre but we need the full game urgently.

I´m a GT fan yes, i assume this, i play others games and i still will in the future but GT is where is the fun and passion for me. The only game i can play hours and hours day after day with the same pleasure everytime.
Question of time now, i hope it´ll be just a few.
Have a good day everybody.

Thanks a lot for the kinds words, it´s very rewarding for me to see that my hobbie is helping so much people to have fun with this wonderfull game.

I have begun to tune cars in GT5P , 9 years ago, at this time i was a great fan of I was amazed by Paulie settings and i´ve learn a lot from him and also Rotary Junkie. Great tuners both.
I just hope GT Sport come very soon, beta is a good hors d´oeuvre but we need the full game urgently.

I´m a GT fan yes, i assume this, i play others games and i still will in the future but GT is where is the fun and passion for me. The only game i can play hours and hours day after day with the same pleasure everytime.
Question of time now, i hope it´ll be just a few.
Have a good day everybody.
As I use to say, Once a GT Player, Forever a GT Player!

Lotus evora Nordschleife update. 8:14.xxx in my hands. Smooth and fast, a bit tricky but not as stock. Keep the line, no late braking, maintain your speed as much as possible.
Lotus Evora `09 Nurb Nordschleife.jpg

For the gears , install custom gearbox.
-Final gear maximum
-Top speed minimum
-Set each gear ratio
-Then final gear again

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°

Lotus evora Nordschleife update. 8:14.xxx in my hands. Smooth and fast, a bit tricky but not as stock. Keep the line, no late braking, maintain your speed as much as possible.
View attachment 649907
For the gears , install custom gearbox.
-Final gear maximum
-Top speed minimum
-Set each gear ratio
-Then final gear again

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°

Praiano, have you updated the TT setup for Nordschleife?

Good luck with it mate :cheers: I use a Logitech G29 racing wheel 👍

I have not really been racing lately due to the intense heat that I am not used to.. so I'm not sure if this set up still works with this car? PD might have made more changes? but hopefully no drastic changes :D

Not sure if you are the same person I just replied to on youtube? but better to answer twice than appear ignorant :P:tup:

Well I am not sure about the YouTube question...what was your name there? It could be to be honest since I wrote with 3 people on YouTube about settings wheels and stuff like that. :D
Anyway if the name of the guy you talked to starts with "spi..." then yes could be me. It's my ghost account on YouTube with no friends and no social media like Twitter behind it. :D

Now to your setting. I am not so sure if it were good but since I can't remember on a really good lap I think it wasn't that good anymore because of the last patch then as you said. Sadly I haven't played GTSport Beta before 7th May or something like that because the key was hidden in my spam folder and I original got it at 13th April and I waited all the time so nervous because I was just like "can't await to play that game and test it and help to improve" :banghead:

But I think I used a little bit of your settings :cheers: and combined with mine which means I took some of the settings as a base for similar cars like rearwheel drives with frontengines for example.

Yet I have to say I am still tooo slow or not driving clearly which could be the source of the problem if you know what I mean. ;) Another Problem could be that I have never driven a car in the real world with around 30 years of age. And my last real racing game but not simulation I have played after my last gran turismo 1 on Playstation 1 was NFS 2015 but most time drifted because normal racing is **** there. :scared:

the best thing in settings I've done yet is truly the Active Stability System or something like that. Don't know how it's called in English. And somehow I think it's called different in GB and USA.

Anyway... I am getting my TM T300rs Ferrari version wheel with some extra buttons today, hopefully Amazon will not have a bad day again in shipping like the last time I used prime and promised for the next day like this time... But got it 5 days later or so but I have to say they were so nice and give me back my money somehow. well, that thing just cost me 5€ which is definitely nothing for Amazon.👍

Does anyone have a good tune for a GR3 car on Brands Hatch?
Not yet finished but if you have the BMW M6 for GR3 I might can help you out later. But I give no guarantee it works for you since everyones driving style is a bit different. ^^
I have also started to make settings for Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Version and Mercedes SLS AMG I think it was.
You also should know that I am driving with a normal controller and steering with left stick. But to be honest my settings are modified for all controller types I think because I pay attention on numbers and physical knowledge to make them. Whatsoever I will post it today or tomorrow and it's truly your choice hehe :D

So thanks for reading my bad english grammar and a few wrong words maybe :embarrassed::embarrassed:

Have a nice day guys:cheers:

Last edited:
Brands Hatch GTR GR4 1'32.565 and setup in video. First time I was able to bet my controller time with the wheel. 👍 Not sure what the euro times are, but that's 1st in NA by about 4 tenths. Please excuse the piss poor first sector. It's only my 3rd time on a wheel :D

Cool lap.. Note to my self - I really have to concentrate on hitting those apexes more often.. :guilty::lol:

How do you feel about the game with the wheel now? In general / physics wise? Better, worse - the same? Its always nice to hear feedback from a seasoned player. 👍

Cool lap.. Note to my self - I really have to concentrate on hitting those apexes more often.. :guilty::lol:

How do you feel about the game with the wheel now? In general / physics wise? Better, worse - the same? Its always nice to hear feedback from a seasoned player. 👍

In all honestly, I can't tell much difference going from GT6 and this (comparing the controller) I don't think the cars should have as much off throttle turn in. I'm guessing its something to do with the LSD.. Like how you do the initial turn in for the car, then it'll understeer or whatever, then when the rpms drop it'll take a nose dive into the corner more.. I'm not a racecar driver, but I've played quite a bit of racing games and GT series is the only one that does that.. If they got rid of that, then it'd be ok. They just need to work on the lateral grip levels and braking levels. I don't think the GTR should be able to brake that deep into a corner, especially all the weight from it being a 4WD. I think cars that are lighter (i.e. the 4C) should eat the gtr up on technical tracks.

The GT-R reminds me a LOT of the Dodge Viper ACR 08 from Forza 3.... You basically took all that HP, tuned it into a technical track monster, then threw an AWD drivetrain on it and it dominated the lower classes. It surprisingly handles very similar from what I remember.. Just make it around apex of the corner, stomp it and win!!!!! :)

The Scirocco is much faster on Brands Hatch.....with a good setup. The only thing where you lose a lot of time is the wheel spin on full throttle. Especially on corner exits.
Do you have a setup for the Scirroco?

Do you have a setup for the Scirroco?

VW Scirocco GR.4

Brake Balance: -1

Ride Height: 89 / 100 mm
Springs: 187,01 / 105,03 N/mm
ARB: 4 / 5
Comp.: 6 / 7
Rebound: 6 / 7
Camber: 1,8 / 4,2
Toe: -0,25 / -0,05

Aerodynamics: 250 / 450

LSD: 9/29/9

Gearbox:
1. 5,400/66
2. 3,650/97
3. 2,830/126
4. 2,280/156
5. 1,872/190
6. 1,551/245
Final: 2,531

Max. Speed: 320 km/h

(Set final gear to 2,000, set Max. Speed to 320 km/h, set each gear, then final gear again.)

I tried everything, from back to forth. Soft settings seem to enhance wheel spin, harder settings understeer. This setup is not bulletproof, but I managed to get a 49.2** qualification time with it.
I'm playing with a D-Pad and automatic transmission. Maybe wheel users get more out of it.

Been running the N300 Evora at the Nurburgring and this car is much more drive-able and enjoyable since the 1.06 update 👍 I managed an 8'17.5 laptime that is sloppy in a few places, but hopefully I can clean it up and knock some more time off tomorrow. An 8'15 should be more than doable as I have been nearly 2 seconds up and went onto the grass on the tight turn that takes you onto the long back straight :ouch:

Edit: Couldn't resist went back and took nearly 1 second off.. more to come ;)

Here's a video of my best lap with the set up I'm using shown at the end for others to try, It's a much more enjoyable drive than the Evo :D

Laptime 8'16.714

Last edited:
The traction for tires seems to have changed. But I think my wheel operates smoother. I have to see if I get quicker times.

N300 is noticably slower, judging by leaderboard times at the ring and my time in the TTS, by roughly 7 or 8 seconds. I don't know if changing the tune would improve the TTS - there doesn't seem to be any obvious new handling characteristic to tweak out, just seems to have a little less grip. The Evora might be a different story.

In all honestly, I can't tell much difference going from GT6 and this (comparing the controller) I don't think the cars should have as much off throttle turn in. I'm guessing its something to do with the LSD.. Like how you do the initial turn in for the car, then it'll understeer or whatever, then when the rpms drop it'll take a nose dive into the corner more.. I'm not a racecar driver, but I've played quite a bit of racing games and GT series is the only one that does that.. If they got rid of that, then it'd be ok. They just need to work on the lateral grip levels and braking levels. I don't think the GTR should be able to brake that deep into a corner, especially all the weight from it being a 4WD. I think cars that are lighter (i.e. the 4C) should eat the gtr up on technical tracks.

The GT-R reminds me a LOT of the Dodge Viper ACR 08 from Forza 3.... You basically took all that HP, tuned it into a technical track monster, then threw an AWD drivetrain on it and it dominated the lower classes. It surprisingly handles very similar from what I remember.. Just make it around apex of the corner, stomp it and win!!!!! :)

I totally agree with you. I haven't played that much simulation racing games and my last simulation was gran turismo 1 as I said some posts above I think. And all the knowledge about cars from a lot of sources and shows makes me thinking the same with the 4C and GT-R. Sadly I got it yet only for gr3, not the normal untuned. BTW. You guys get more cars for a specific class as for the others like me with the GR3? Got 19 cars there. The other classes both I have 5.
Anyway back to what I was about to write. The 4C should be fast in tight corners and also have a good grip, right? I've seen some real life tests with both cars and so I think this both cars are totally different. Then yesterday I've got the Lotus Evo, tried it and was stunned a bit because it feels so much faster than the Lancer Evo, Subaru wrx, Hyundai genesis... And the Renault Megan is their basic n300 forms.this got me thinking again because on Nürburgring the lotus was simply the best car. So I am pretty sure now the car classes doesn't really fit. I mean how can they put a Ferrari 458 Italia and gt-r tuned in the same category? Or is it only for the beta? Or am I missing something that clears that out maybe? ^^

Well, another thing I want to write is that I've tested my new TM T300RS Ferrari GTE wheel now and I have to say it's brilliant with such a good wheel. I also bought project cars goty edition for 20 euros but before I had it. And I already got a bit better but my table is rubbish as the pedals on my really unfitty underground. The pedals move a bit and it gets worse if I don't look at it ever 2 or 3 laps or so lol. The wheel stays just perfect at its place but the table is shaking a lot from that FFB I really didn't know they are that strong and realistic. Well as I believe it is in real. I am around 30 years and never drove a real car... OK one time I did with 16 or so :D
So I can't really compare but it just feels correct. It's because I can now REALLY control it and not as before with the controller. On brands Hatch from last week in gr3 class...the longer version of the Indy one I think. Topped my record twice from what I had with controller. Not much but in between a second. Still makes me thinking about the times because I am almost 10 seconds slower as top 10 of every classic and race. I mean I am driving really good and make good laps if I am not flying of which happens a lot too because I'm not yet used to the wheel and pedals. The next weird thing is.. Since I am using a wheel.. Most cars get worse if I am changing the things that way I changed it as for my DS4...

Btw. I have opened a new YouTube channel for racing simulations only. If you want to watch me driving with a wheel you can do it here, but I also have another little gaming channel if you're interested:

Sorry for my bad English and grammar again. And for the formation of the text... Using a phone to post :D

Tried some laps in the Evo @ Brands Hatch with my old set up from before the update and it seems to work ok still.. got into the 1'44's within 20 minutes and know I will chop some more off tomorrow with a good session and a couple of tweaks here and there :) Here's a vid with the set up I'm using at the start 👍

Laptime 1'44.981

Back