Share your GTS car setups, List on post #1

• Thread starter diesel97
  • 1,242 comments
IMG_4639.JPG
IMG_4638.JPG
Here is my tune for the Lotus Evo in the N300 class. Topped out about 129 before breaking into that first turn on Big Willow. Held really well through big elevation S turns. Let me know if you like it and or have any changes that helps y

Last edited:
Well managed to do a 1:50.585 which felt a terrible lap in all sectors :lol:, too much slowing down for my liking. I can sleep easier now though but it will bug me not getting more out the car and putting in a more tidy lap, I can envision close to perfect lap but can't string it together. Need to improve my pad skills, testament to how good the controls are with DS4 in this game that even a so so pad player like me can get ahead of Arnaud. I guess it won't be for long though, too much time on the table. I'm just happy to see first position for a change instead of being many seconds off for not having a GT-R on this new track I like.

View attachment 642364
im still there? :D that was like my 3rd lap attemt :D

Not sure if this how to post videos here, might not even be the right place to do so, sorry in advance.

This my lap in the GTR @dragon Trial, Driving Options shown aswell as Setup an a Replay, the lap was a scruffy one to be honest but i managed to improve my time ☺

Almost flatout on the chicane there, amazing!

Gonna try your setup tomorrow. I'm on 1.52.2 atm, but cant get closer to it again after i changed a bit and dont remember which setup was the right one.

I enter the tire perimeter value by approximation, till the speed match with the one given by PD on the setting panel for the last gear (or any of them) This is the GR4 car.
PD uses actual speed on speedometer, not wheel speed, i.e. GT6 speedometer saying 200 kmh and wheel speeds ~1% higher, engine speed (rpm)b even higher, PD takes in count clutch slippage and tire slippage. This was tested on several cars and data logger, PD uses right sizes for wheels, but have to take count few things, different compounds are with different diameter (bigger/smaller) and during testing you have to have just enough throttle to keep speed stable, if accelerating or decelerating speed will vary, acceleration slips wheels higher that reported speedometer speed is and decelerating opposite.

PD uses actual speed on speedometer, not wheel speed, i.e. GT6 speedometer saying 200 kmh and wheel speeds ~1% higher, engine speed (rpm)b even higher, PD takes in count clutch slippage and tire slippage. This was tested on several cars and data logger, PD uses right sizes for wheels, but have to take count few things, different compounds are with different diameter (bigger/smaller) and during testing you have to have just enough throttle to keep speed stable, if accelerating or decelerating speed will vary, acceleration slips wheels higher that reported speedometer speed is and decelerating opposite.
This method (tire perimeter x ratio x speed) was ok for gt5 & 6 . Of course need to be tested driving and at stabilized speed/rpm. This is what i´ll do when back on PSN and able to play.

View attachment 642376 View attachment 642377 Here is my tune for the Lotus Evo in the N300 class. Topped out about 129 before breaking into that first turn on Big Willow. Held really well through big elevation S turns. Let me know if you like it and or have any changes that helps y

I'd be intrigued what time you hit with this setting.. it's quite different to mine apart from stabilisers and dampers

Forget the M6 GT3 setup I've posted here earlier. Make sure you get yourself the Mustang Gr. 3, because this thing is rapid. Did a 6:44.250 a couple of minutes ago.

Gran Turismo™Sport Geschlossene Beta-Testversion_20170420124906.png

Gran Turismo™Sport Geschlossene Beta-Testversion_20170420124928.png

Gran Turismo™Sport Geschlossene Beta-Testversion_20170420124943.png

First, set the speed to 400 kph or 250 mph. Then adjust the final gear and then the seperate gears. You can get on the power so early it's a dream compared to the M6.

Last edited:
Those 1:51 times on Dragon are just out of my reach, all what I can get on my vette go is 1:55.1, I don't know would it help if I choose to use any helps instead of current noABS/noTCS driving.. I just want to stay without those :)
Sub 7 on stock vw vgt at Nordschleife, 6:55 with tune on EVO.. Vw vgt with tune should cut 10 secs..
Genesis 1:31 on willow.. I'm just slow without ABS and other helps. :lol:

Do you think your sirocco tune would work on the megane gr4? Im just curious tu see if the megane can be as fast as the volks
Directionally, yes. I have that Megane, but don't like it.

The same concepts should work, but you might need to tweak the numbers some.

Those 1:51 times on Dragon are just out of my reach, all what I can get on my vette go is 1:55.1, I don't know would it help if I choose to use any helps instead of current noABS/noTCS driving.. I just want to stay without those :)
Sub 7 on stock vw vgt at Nordschleife, 6:55 with tune on EVO.. Vw vgt with tune should cut 10 secs..
Genesis 1:31 on willow.. I'm just slow without ABS and other helps. :lol:
Raced for years with no assists no abs, it was how i learned an its a good way to learn especially on less grippy tyres, imagine you had to apply real braking force to that GTR in IRL, you would be braking alot harder than you are now with 0 Abs, Good luck hope someday you turn it on :)👍

I tried your gearing method last night but couldn't work it out. It's usually set final gear to highest, set max speed to lowest, adjust gear ratios then set final gear.

Forget the M6 GT3 setup I've posted here earlier. Make sure you get yourself the Mustang Gr. 3, because this thing is rapid. Did a 6:45.555 a couple of minutes ago.

View attachment 642421
View attachment 642422
View attachment 642423

First, set the speed to 400 kph or 250 mph. Then adjust the final gear and then the seperate gears. You can get on the power so early it's a dream compared to the M6.

For the experts on tuning, is it worth to take some downforce out on those cars? I see barely no difference on top speed between full downforce and no downforce, just like it was on previous GT.

For the experts on tuning, is it worth to take some downforce out on those cars? I see barely no difference on top speed between full downforce and no downforce, just like it was on previous GT.
I would recommend always using full front downforce. And if you want to use less rear to balance the car, AND it improves your laptime, go for it.

It's not going to make you faster in a straightline by enough to offset compromised handling.

Looks like driving aids are slowing you down a lot. I got a 1.30.9 with an Evora tune posted earlier with no aids. Finding it difficult to get a clean lap but it's fast.

Doh!, just took ABS off TC was already off, i managed a much more respectable 1:31.XXX.:D

Last edited:
After looking at some people's setups, I've seen a lot set there brake balance to 5 Rear. Now we don't want our brakes locking up at all in a perfect scenario.

The worse scenario is the rears locking up first. Now it's always best to do your brake balance after making changes to suspension etc as this can affect how they'll work.

The perfect scenario of brakes locking up, which we don't want, would be our fronts just locking up a tad before our rears.

I've decided to upload a video to demonstrate this, though picking the lancer was a struggle to get breaks to lock in first place.

I think traction control could really be of help for those FF cars
Well, it depends on whether you like driving with traction control. ;)

The high accel LSD number helps a lot. The launch and low speed corners are where I suppose TC could help, but I am not a fan of running with it.

EDK
Well, it depends on whether you like driving with traction control. ;)

The high accel LSD number helps a lot. The launch and low speed corners are where I suppose TC could help, but I am not a fan of running with it.
Me too, but I got my first FF yesterday(megane gr4) and I used traction control for the first and it was helping. Do you have a tune for the megane?

Me too, but I got my first FF yesterday(megane gr4) and I used traction control for the first and it was helping. Do you have a tune for the megane?
No, just the Scirocco.

I made this post to outline the same concepts.

It should respond similarly, that's at least going to let the car rotate mid corner and hook up at medium to high speed.

Yo guys, what should I change on the lancer setup when it oversteers to much?? Big willow setup from edk...changing brakes from front to rear changed just a bit, to much over or understeering, no point of "perfectness"...
Best time is a 1:30:XXX

What should I change when my gtr is going to slow on corners? It's not under or oversteering it's just getting to slow around corners, my best time was a 1:53:XXX on a race with slipstreaming...on qualification I had a 1:55:XXX...I Can't get the last chicane on the 5th gear, need to shift down, tested for hours and hours...

The last posted tune for Nürburgring mustang worked really good for me, but there's a lot of understeering, what could I change on here?
If someone having a good tune for the ft1 vgt, the Peugeot vgt or the Aston Martin v12 for Nürburgring post it please, will be happy with all I can get...

BTW I'm using the g29, don't wanna use the pad....
No assists, and no know how about the tuning on GTS, Im new to drive with a wheel...I want more xD

Yo guys, what should I change on the lancer setup when it oversteers to much?? Big willow setup from edk...changing brakes from front to rear changed just a bit, to much over or understeering, no point of "perfectness"...
Best time is a 1:30:XXX

What should I change when my gtr is going to slow on corners? It's not under or oversteering it's just getting to slow around corners, my best time was a 1:53:XXX on a race with slipstreaming...on qualification I had a 1:55:XXX...I Can't get the last chicane on the 5th gear, need to shift down, tested for hours and hours...

The last posted tune for Nürburgring mustang worked really good for me, but there's a lot of understeering, what could I change on here?
If someone having a good tune for the ft1 vgt, the Peugeot vgt or the Aston Martin v12 for Nürburgring post it please, will be happy with all I can get...

BTW I'm using the g29, don't wanna use the pad....
No assists, and no know how about the tuning on GTS, Im new to drive with a wheel...I want more xD

For the Lancer I've just hit 1:29.3
Here is my latest setup

PS_Messages_20170420_173333.jpg

PS_Messages_20170420_173337.jpg

Back